Highlighted
Sep 08 2012
By: fAtNiNja97 Monster Hunter 36 posts

Do People Actually Care About Their Stats?

[ Edited ]
24 replies 418 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

Personally, I really don't care about a couple of numbers on someone's player card, and I think people put way too much faith on how accurate they are at actually showing who is good and who is bad at the game.  When you consider that many over these insanely high KD players hardly ever play without a full party, or that they leave matches where they have less than a 5 KD or something.  It shows that they care way too much about some numbers and bragging to some random online people than they do about actually enjoying the game.  WL ratio is also bull$#!T because people who play solo will always have a bad W/L ratio (except those uncharted gods). And lets not forget about joining matches that you're losing 42-10.  What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 25 (418 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4129 posts

Re: Do People Actually Care About Their Stats?

Sep 8, 2012
I agree
Message 2 of 25 (407 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 8, 2012

A good amount of players RQ before 1.11 and used the Gmal Accuracy and Revenge...before 1.11. And now 75% of the player pool uses RoF, Fleet Foot, and Revenge. SOOOOOOO an insane amount of people's stats are fake and I can tell when someones stats are legit. Sooo in short, I DONT GIVE 2 **bleep** ABOUT STATS.

Message 3 of 25 (395 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I care quite some about my own stats.

I do look at the leaderboards occasionally, and I do check stats cards out of interest, but I don't really care about other people's stats.

Do you feel me?

Message 4 of 25 (388 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7550 posts

Sep 8, 2012

all i care about is having more kills than deaths and more wins than loses if i have 30k kills and 29999 death thats success in my eyes since i have more kills

Sleep Matt signature
Message 5 of 25 (379 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Sep 8, 2012
FFA doesn't have wins and losses.
Message 6 of 25 (364 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 8, 2012

fAtNiNja97 wrote:

Personally, I really don't care about a couple of numbers on someone's player card, and I think people put way too much faith on how accurate they are at actually showing who is good and who is bad at the game.  When you consider that many over these insanely high KD players hardly ever play without a full party, or that they leave matches where they have less than a 5 KD or something.  It shows that they care way too much about some numbers and bragging to some random online people than they do about actually enjoying the game.  WL ratio is also bull$#!T because people who play FFA or play solo will always have a bad W/L ratio (except those uncharted gods). And lets not forget about joining matches that you're losing 42-10.  What do you guys think?

FFA doesn't affect WLR. You can't win, you can't lose.
My KDR is actually lower than what it sould be, since I was negative when I started with this game and now that I'm competent, I don't care to raise it. My total kills have stopped months ago, since I always play T.O, Plunder or co-op.
And even like this, I care too much about them and I wish I could ignore them at all.

People worrying to have a 5 KDR need a serious buff to their self esteem and I feel bad for them.

WLR means: how much you play in a party of 5.

I kinda care about my co-op stats.

0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Sep 8, 2012

I agree, I care about co op more than anything else in this game now Smiley Happy.  And I didn't realize FFA didn't count for wins and losses, I was sure it did.

Message 8 of 25 (336 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Sep 8, 2012
I kinda care about my KD but only to push myself. If your going to play this game a long time why not try to get good at it? If your going negative (in KD at least) I am 90% sure someone with like a 2 KD could wipe the floor with you in a DM setting. This is my observation of course.
Message 9 of 25 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
892 posts

Sep 8, 2012

If you're the type of person that cares about your stats:

A.  Go outside

B.  Learn how to socialize

C.  Find another hobby

D.  Actually enjoy life and do something

Hell I pay attention to my stats sometimes.  Look at my sig.  But you think I stopped playing Battlefield 3 because my stats slipped a little?  No....actually they were on a steady rise and I still stopped playing because of bad patches.

OK, OK, so my stats in some games are good.  Lemme ask you a question.  Can I take my stats in a game to the bank and be rewarded for them?  Can I become president for my stats?  Should I run for president because I'm good at a video game?  No?  To all of those?  OMG!  I guess my stats don't mean **** then, huh?!!!  

And that came from a person that's natually good at games.

Message 10 of 25 (309 Views)