Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 25 2013
By: LaSalleLancer First Son 7 posts

Do people play the DLC?

8 replies 270 views Edited Jul 25, 2013

Hi there everyone!

I was interested in buying the map packs, but I wanted to know if I would be able to play the maps in multiplayer playlists. I've bought map packs before where I could play them in a custom game but not in the multiplayer. So, if I buy these map packs, will I be able to actually play them in multiplayer? Is there a DLC-specific playlist? Also, do you guys think that the maps are worth the price of admission?

Thank you for your time!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 9 (270 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Re: Do people play the DLC?

Jul 26, 2013
I have the game of the year edition of uc3, so I didn't actually have to purchase the maps separately. But, without the DLC maps, the game tends to get a bit old. So I think it would be worth it. I would probably buy them if I didn't already have them.

And yes, you can play them in both custom and public games. There's a toggle switch within the profile screen where you can turn DLC on or off. Turn it on, and your DLC maps will be in the rotation. But, if you're playing with friends in a party who don't have the DLC maps, you'll end up playing the non-DLC ones.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 9 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I suggest buying the Flashback Map Pack #2. Since Naughty Dog just about abandoned the game if you don't count resetting the tournament, they haven't changed the rotation of the DLC maps. I have the Uncharted 3 Map Pack and I haven't seen one of those maps for about a month. They rarely rotate it anymore which sucks and I think it's stuck on Flashback Map Pack #2. Apparently #2 is better than most of the other map packs anyway.

Long story short, if you're not going to get the GOTY edition then I'd get FBMP#2.

Bang Bang!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 9 (241 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 26, 2013

Yes DLC is the way to go in UC3 it's where the few remaining good player reside lol, plus surprisingly you find games faster in certain modes.

Fllash Back Map Pack #2 has DLC priority so if you dont intend to buy all 3 packs get this one, plus in my opinion it has the best maps out of the 3. 

I still think the price is too high but if you plan to keep playing UC3 for awhile it's worth it.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 9 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
870 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Dlc's are worth gettin. But from a personal regret, i would suggest getting goty version as you get near enough everything from it
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 9 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11096 posts

Jul 26, 2013
I wouldn't buy the DLCs if i were you...
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 9 (203 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 29, 2013

yes  they are great maps and most players have them..without them you are very limited to playing in matches...you will enjoy them and they are worth the money..see you there..do you know how people find set up matches like deathmatch to get your kill trophy

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 9 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10029 posts

Jul 29, 2013
People play in DLC maps sometimes, I think. They're not a lot.

I think they're worth it. Then again I bought tons of aesthetic stuff and I don't even use them.

The maps add variety though. I rarely play them because I barely know these maps (especially considering the fact that I played UC3 before UC2 and not the other way around so I did in fact play all maps for the first time then)
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 9 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
7069 posts

Jul 29, 2013

THE ONLY DLC I WOULD GET IF I WERE YOU IS THE MAPS THAT IS ALL

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 9 (143 Views)
0 Likes