Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Welcoming Committee
13525 posts

Re: Do they even care about UNCHARTED anymore?

Sep 8, 2013

It appears although they do care but it seems they have very limited resources.

Hopefully the limited resources point to Uncharted 4.

Message 41 of 74 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Sep 8, 2013
For the videos:

One is recreating an Uncharted scene. They asked if they can do the whatever thr hell thry did, and they allowed it.

What were you guys expecting, an actual **bleep** trailer with Source Filmmaker? Not everyone has time for that, and considering that the complainers didn't win let alone enter the contest, I don't think you should call the winning vids out.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 42 of 74 (251 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 8, 2013

frankenstein107 wrote:
Are people still replying to me about a dropped argument?

Considering people go through a thread page by page and reply to posts which are there, yes.

Bang Bang!

Message 43 of 74 (246 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Sep 8, 2013
In response to the title, no.
Message 44 of 74 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

The last thread we had was getting out of hand. PLEASE READ RULE#3 and ONLY EMBED YOUTUBE VIDEO SUBMISSIONS in this thead. (Thank you. Sorry for yelling.) 

We're going to get a better way for you to submit videos going but once more with feeling... Submit all your AWESOME Uncharted 3 videos here. 

RULES:

1) Your video must be no longer than 3 minutes. 

-   We can exceptions to this rule but this rarely will happen.

2) All content in your video must be from Uncharted 3. 

-   Don't use any other intellectual property, people's likenesses, PSN friend lists or any such nonsense that's not from Uncharted 3.

I don't know what happened to rule 2 because all I can see is stupid stuff like sock pops and candles with faces of Uc characters glued on them and the Uncharted trailer drawed by somebody. The last one isn't that bad but still against the rules Eric made.

what Eric meant is that he doesn't want to get into copyright problems, that's why all content must be from Uncharted 3, however, those sock pops were not a copyright issue, so they could show that on UCTV (however, I don't see the point of being it there, but whatever...), and the people's likenessess and friends list they don't want to have because of privacy problems, so that's why :smileywink:

all that said, I wish UCTV was more for friends, that you can upload short clips with awesome moments to UCTV and friends can then watch it in UCTV, that would be a perfect UCTV for me :smileyhappy:

Message 45 of 74 (233 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10105 posts

Sep 8, 2013
Makes sense matt, although I'm still not interested in watching not me play. There's more incentive to watch friends rather than strangers.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 46 of 74 (228 Views)
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Sep 8, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
Makes sense matt, although I'm still not interested in watching not me play. There's more incentive to watch friends rather than strangers.

that's exactly my point, who cares about a best plays of the week from total strangers, what I care about, is that my friend for instance had an awesome thing happening in a match, and he/she wants to tell me about it, so he/she makes an edited cinema file and uploads it to UCTV, and then I can watch it while waiting for players, and even talk about it (if my friend is in the same party) about it with that friend, that's a lot more fun :smileyhappy:

Message 47 of 74 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Sep 8, 2013

Am I the only person that actually does not care about Fleet Foot? :smileyindifferent:

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 48 of 74 (194 Views)
Survivor
2678 posts

Sep 8, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I think people forget that ND is a business sometimes. And not some hippy nonprofit organization, a real business.

I think some people forget that, while posting on the forum, because Naughty Dog employees do not behave in a professional manner as though they are actually representing a business (Naughty Dog studio and it's parent company Sony).   Seriously, what other business do you see troll it's customers?   Naughty Dog employees have actually taken to using the line, "soon™" in their communications and announcements.  Not very professional.

Last week a Naughty Dog develper banned several well liked, valuable members of the community for voicing their negative feedback about the Last of Us's level based match making system.   As customers, they posted about a huge flaw in the game that was ruining their experience with the product they purchased in hopes of having it fixed to get their money's worth.   A programmer banned them from the forum for doing so (then days later patched the game to ping based match making, admitting they were wrong and the customers were right).  

What business gives a programmer the power to negatively interact with customers in this fashion?   I am in middle management at  the company I've worked at for the past 14 years.   I can tell you that the guys doing the job, creating the product have absoluetly zero interaction with the customers.  Their job is simply to produce the product, they have no PR training.   Customer interaction is left to our actual PR and customer service departments. 

these forums exist for all of us, as customers, to provide feedback about the Sony products we purchase.   Naughty Dog and Sony actually gives the power to game designers/code monkeys to ban customers from providing feedback if that code monkey simply doesn't like what the customer has to say about his product.   The actual Sony forum moderation staff was contacted about this.   They completely agreed with the customers who were banned but said that Sony gives the game designers power over the moderation staff.  what the hell?  you hire a guy to write code for a video game and actually make him the boss of all the people you hire and train specifically for public relations purposes?  that is in no way professional.

the customer is always right.  if the customer isn't right, you use your customer service/public relations training to somehow end the exchange in a way in which the customer still has a positive opinion of your company and product.  You don't allow production guys with no customer service training to simply ban customers because he doesn't like the negative feedback of his poor work.   Naughty Dog nor Sony (it's parent company) behave in a professional manner on these forums.  I can completely understand that some people forget that the company they are providing feedback to is an actual business working from a business model.  

Message 49 of 74 (182 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Sep 8, 2013
Ok, so the random people assigned moderator over a forum are supposed to be the link between the customers and the developers? No. That makes no sense. Mods are here move threads around, remove flaming etc. No PR rep from a large company is going to play moderator for a bunch of kids (generally speaking) on an Internet forum. The reason the developers are on here, is for the reason you already mentioned. They're here to collect feedback and answer/address our questions and concerns.

Of course the developers would have more pull than the mods. I didn't read the thread that got people banned. So I can't say for sure how I feel. But if the users were being disrespectful to a developer, then maybe it was technically justifiable in the rule books. I'm assuming there wasn't a whole ton of tact used when said users were challenging what the developer said. But, that's an assumption.

I've worked in management for a couple different businesses and understand where you're coming from. But this is a forum for a game. Everyone that works at ND are human too and aren't going to be perfect. From what I've seen, and from talking to a few ND employees in the past, they've always been respectful and appropriate. BUT, I have also always been respectful and appropriate when speaking to them.

If someone bashes my product and calls me incompetent, yeah, maybe I'm not going to be so cool when I reply to them. And if I work somewhere, I know my limits and what I'm allowed to do. And how I'm allowed to act.

If people are jerks and get a jerk response, and then question why, they need to take a step back and rethink a few things. We are all human here. We all deserve only the same level of respect that we give to others.
Message 50 of 74 (172 Views)