Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Do they even care about UNCHARTED anymore?

Sep 11, 2013
It's impossible to please everyone so logically you'd rather appeal to a majority correct?

Which **bleep** majority wanted this kind of blindfire? Newbies don't know blindfire, and vets hate blindfire.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 71 of 74 (369 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Sep 11, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

lEvilDeadl wrote:

I think some people forget that, while posting on the forum, because Naughty Dog employees do not behave in a professional manner as though they are actually representing a business (Naughty Dog studio and it's parent company Sony).   Seriously, what other business do you see troll it's customers?   Naughty Dog employees have actually taken to using the line, "soon™" in their communications and announcements.  Not very professional.

Last week a Naughty Dog develper banned several well liked, valuable members of the community for voicing their negative feedback about the Last of Us's level based match making system.   As customers, they posted about a huge flaw in the game that was ruining their experience with the product they purchased in hopes of having it fixed to get their money's worth.   A programmer banned them from the forum for doing so (then days later patched the game to ping based match making, admitting they were wrong and the customers were right).  

What business gives a programmer the power to negatively interact with customers in this fashion?   I am in middle management at  the company I've worked at for the past 14 years.   I can tell you that the guys doing the job, creating the product have absoluetly zero interaction with the customers.  Their job is simply to produce the product, they have no PR training.   Customer interaction is left to our actual PR and customer service departments. 

these forums exist for all of us, as customers, to provide feedback about the Sony products we purchase.   Naughty Dog and Sony actually gives the power to game designers/code monkeys to ban customers from providing feedback if that code monkey simply doesn't like what the customer has to say about his product.   The actual Sony forum moderation staff was contacted about this.   They completely agreed with the customers who were banned but said that Sony gives the game designers power over the moderation staff.  what the hell?  you hire a guy to write code for a video game and actually make him the boss of all the people you hire and train specifically for public relations purposes?  that is in no way professional.

the customer is always right.  if the customer isn't right, you use your customer service/public relations training to somehow end the exchange in a way in which the customer still has a positive opinion of your company and product.  You don't allow production guys with no customer service training to simply ban customers because he doesn't like the negative feedback of his poor work.   Naughty Dog nor Sony (it's parent company) behave in a professional manner on these forums.  I can completely understand that some people forget that the company they are providing feedback to is an actual business working from a business model. 

lEvilDeadl wrote:

actually, moderators are only needed to move threads to the proper place and to take action against those who break the terms of service for posting in the forums.    The actual opinions voiced by the poster, positive or negative, about the product should have no bearing.  A developer has no need for admin or moderation powers.    If a developer doesn't like the negative opinions of his product that the customers are posting, fix it to make the customers happy or stop viewing the forums.   you don't just ban customers for critisizing your product, they paid for the product and therefor paid for the right to vocalize any negative feedback they have about it.......whether it hurts the feelings of the guy who made the product or not.  

if a customer tells you that the product they purchased from you in below par, it is your job to listen to the customer like an adult doing business, not get mad like a little kid completely alien to negative customer reviews and ban them from ever being allowed to post feedback not only of your products in the future but from any an all products ever released by Sony.

as for the "kids (generally speaking)", I believe we all know this is false...including Sony.  Sony is a multi-billion dollar company.   With the amount of money they spend in marketing research, I believe they know the vast majority of people who purchase their products are adults.  They know the average video game player in the United States is 37 years old.  They know the average age of video game purchasers is 45 years old.  That is why they market their products to adults and price most of them well out of the ability for a kid to buy them.   I know things are cheaper now but I paid $600 for my first PS3.  The average person purchases 4 games per year.   Sony knows no kid has $800 just laying around.  Naughty Dog specifically knows no kid has $300 (or whatever a PS3 costs now) laying around to purchase a system + $60 for Uncharted 3 + $25 for DLC maps and skins + $10, $20, etc. for stat hats or Pogo/Trumpet t-shirts or Talbot's FAL.   They know the vast majority of people who play any game that isn't specifically created and marketed for children (like a Hannah Montana game) are adults.  World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Uncharted and generally every game are purchased and played by people in their 20s, 30s, 40s and 50s. 

They know you're an adult.  They know I'm an adult.  They know  mbhitman, tapataola, Death_Machinist, Scott7000 and 80% of all other people who post on these forums are adults.    Adults purchase the games, adults play the games, adults come to the forum to provide feedback about the games they purchase. 

point was simply that many times a certain NDI developer has displayed completely unprofessional behavior that reflects very poorly on the company he works for and it's parent company Sony.   There is no excuse of getting mad, angry or heated when you are representing your company to the customers which purchased the product.   It should be !00% business and professionalism 100% of the time. 

actually man, I think a large part of the problem is that these guys don't see themselves as a business and we as the customers.  Have you watched some of their videos or even the Eric ND interview by Robinsgaming?   They call us "fans" not customers.  lol.  I'm not a fan.  I'm a 34 year old man purchasing a product.  I'm a customer.   I don't care who makes the product, the name of the studio nor the names of the individual guys who work there.  I just want the products I purchase to work in an enjoyable manner.    I'm not a Toyota fan or a Corolla fan.   I'm a guy who buys a car and expects it to work.  When i go to the car dealership they don't think I'm a fan of theirs, they think I'm a customer and want to make me happy so I will purchase their product.    Why do these guys at Naughty Dog keep saying, "our fans"?  I don't get it.  I'm not a fan of one single person who works at that company no more than I am a fan of one single person who works at the Toyota plant that manufactured my car.   Hey Naughty Dog, we're not fans, we're customers.  We could care less about your company or yourselves individually.  We just want the products we purchase from you to work correctly.  If Capcom, SquareEnix or any other studio's name was on the title screen to the game we would enjoy it or not enjoy it all the same.  You company name brings nothing to the product. 

and yeah, I've played with and conversed with many of the people who work there.  all seemed to be decent guys.   everybody from zod5000, gruber, YAHWEHsaves, Rekliss, NDI-Justin, etc.   Just like in any company though, there's going to be a **bleep** or two.   I know there are a few where I work and NDI is no different.  Difference is that where I work, those **bleep** aren't given the ablilty to communicate with customers and be **bleep** to them. 

Holy crap.  Have not seen an IEvilDeadI post in like forever.  Miss perusing the old ones back in the day when NDI actually ran their own forum and when it was MUCH MORE like community.   

THE TRUTH.  FINALLY!  FFS!  

NDI's handling of most things leaves ALOT to be desired.  The history of their handling of MPs for UC2 until TLOU has been lost on many.  They've needed to work on customer service, public relations, and marketing IN THE WORST WAY since PSN DOWN.  They have a maverick streak and they do it their way.  That's one of the reasons that they cannot compete with the BIG BOYS when it comes to online MPs.  Unprofessional to say the least. 

The bans were stupid, and NDI's handling was A$$-BACKWARDS as usual.  Nothing changes for the good.  Their Titles, MPs, and community have devolved to the lowest levels ever.  It's a JOKE.  It a shame that such unique 3rd person game play is not met with equal customer service and community develoment.  Instead...take that cashola and RUN.  Slap that MP on there and cross their fingers.  Too bad they don't spend as much time on the MPs as they do on SP.  Too bad they develop mutiple games at the same time. 

If I handled my job the way NDI handles their's I'd be fired INSTANTLY. 

But hey, it's their show, they just run it about a poorly as one could. 

original 12-03-31.gif

Message 72 of 74 (361 Views)
Fender Bender
3622 posts

Sep 11, 2013

Blooddrunk123 wrote:

Am I the only person that actually does not care about Fleet Foot? Smiley Indifferent

I care in the sense that I defend it.

Do you feel me?

Message 73 of 74 (345 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Sep 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
It's impossible to please everyone so logically you'd rather appeal to a majority correct?

Which **bleep** majority wanted this kind of blindfire? Newbies don't know blindfire, and vets hate blindfire.

Yes, I should have just said that.

Bang Bang!

Message 74 of 74 (338 Views)
0 Likes