Highlighted
Apr 17 2013
By: Minnesota_Vande First Son 25 posts

Do you score higher as an independent rather than with a team?

10 replies 221 views Edited Apr 17, 2013

I prefer playing UC3 as a team of 3 to 5 due to being able to talk to buddies.  But whenever I play UC3 in a team I usually break even or go marginally positive in terms of kills to deaths.  Whenever I go as an independent I score much better.  Does this happen to anyone else? 

A couple of follow up questions I'd love to know if anyone has the inside scoop:

- Does the code favor independents?

- When playing as a team, is it the leaders profile that determines the matchup?

Message 1 of 11 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Re: Do you score higher as an independent rather than with a team?

Apr 17, 2013
Lol did you get inspired to make this thread by the post that I made in my thread?
Message 2 of 11 (214 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Yes! ....your post did inspire me.  But I have several million questions and topics I'd love to discuss about this game and gaming in general.  For my job I somewhat work with and design servers and datacenter hardware.........and I'm about ready to secretly allocate a super computer and insane amount of bandwidth/switches to ND so we can all get lag free games! 

Message 3 of 11 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Minnesota_Vande wrote:

Yes! ....your post did inspire me.  But I have several million questions and topics I'd love to discuss about this game and gaming in general.  For my job I somewhat work with and design servers and datacenter hardware.........and I'm about ready to secretly allocate a super computer and insane amount of bandwidth/switches to ND so we can all get lag free games! 

You're joking, right?

Message 4 of 11 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
324 posts

Apr 17, 2013

It's impossible to eliminate lag as long as you have global matchmaking.

Message 5 of 11 (181 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 17, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

It's impossible to eliminate lag as long as you have global matchmaking.

Is that because of ping? Dedicated servers should help with lag though, because you don't need to worry about having a laggy host.

Message 6 of 11 (178 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Apr 17, 2013

I play the same with or without a party. Also the code is the same for everyone but the leader's rank and level is used to find matches for parties.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 7 of 11 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Apr 17, 2013

Party = Less deaths.

Solo = More kills.

Message 8 of 11 (176 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10210 posts

Apr 18, 2013
^ Everything you need to know.

To elaborate:

Parties can save your arse from getting owned, but by saving you they get more kills, meaning you get less because it reaches 50 faster.

Solo means you can PROBABLY get a bunch of morons who watch you die then run away, but because they can't kill anyone, you can make more kills to 50.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 9 of 11 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Apr 18, 2013

Pretty much what munnsy said.

For the very, very rare times I play in a party or get matched up with good players, I die less because matches become stomp fests at that point. But at the same time, you're competing with your teammates for kills. It's like a weird form of Co-op.

Playing solo and being matched with below average players puts the game on Carry-My-Team mode or Do-What-I-Can mode depending on the skill level of the opponents. Getting scores around 20-30 kills (in Classic) is kinda common but usually that's making up for your teammates.

Message 10 of 11 (142 Views)
0 Likes