Dec 04 2012
By: J9Power4 Lombax Warrior 102 posts

Does KDR Depict Skill level??

61 replies 660 views Edited Dec 4, 2012

Story: I ran across a guy with around a 3 kdr(gonna leave out name), and both of us were alone(no parties etc). Long story short I end up going 21-7 with my team winning, and him going 16-12. At the end of the match he rages about how all of us suck because we had 1-1.99 kdr and not a 3+ kdr like himself. One guy on my team even had just above a 2 kdr, but ya that didnt matter to him no 3+ kdr than you suck Smiley Very Happy

Experience: I currently have around a 1.7 kdr. I wasn't one of the few ppl good at the game right off the bat that currently have 3+ kdr. When the game came out I had a .8 kdr with more than 2k kills and I almost never partied up. I also have many friends ranging from 1 kdr 1.99 kdr that are very great players, but because they arent 2s 3s or 4s aren't "good" according to this guy.

Verdict: The points im trying to make is that many people like myself haven't been that great at the game since the start of the release, but have gotten a lot better. However because said person got better at the game over time their kdr isnt inflated or up to par with other "great" players therefore aren't taken serious as being a good player.

Questions: My questions to you guys
1. Do you think the higher the kdr the better the player?
2. Do you not take anyone serious that doesn't have a 2+, 3+, etc kdr
3. Any other input you guys might add

Sorry for writing so much, but i felt the urge to post about this Smiley Tongue

Photobucket
Message 1 of 62 (660 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Re: Does KDR Depict Skill level??

Dec 4, 2012

J9Power4 wrote:

Story: I ran across a guy with around a 3 kdr(gonna leave out name), and both of us were alone(no parties etc). Long story short I end up going 21-7 with my team winning, and him going 16-12. At the end of the match he rages about how all of us suck because we had 1-1.99 kdr and not a 3+ kdr like himself. One guy on my team even had just above a 2 kdr, but ya that didnt matter to him no 3+ kdr than you suck Smiley Very Happy

Experience: I currently have around a 1.7 kdr. I wasn't one of the few ppl good at the game right off the bat that currently have 3+ kdr. When the game came out I had a .8 kdr with more than 2k kills and I almost never partied up. I also have many friends ranging from 1 kdr 1.99 kdr that are very great players, but because they arent 2s 3s or 4s aren't "good" according to this guy.

Verdict: The points im trying to make is that many people like myself haven't been that great at the game since the start of the release, but have gotten a lot better. However because said person got better at the game over time their kdr isnt inflated or up to par with other "great" players therefore aren't taken serious as being a good player.

Questions: My questions to you guys
1. Do you think the higher the kdr the better the player?
2. Do you not take anyone serious that doesn't have a 2+, 3+, etc kdr
3. Any other input you guys might add

Sorry for writing so much, but i felt the urge to post about this Smiley Tongue

1. KDR can simply mean a players experience but most of the time KDR does now not make you a better player

2. Every player is a threat, KDR just stands for how much more of a threat they are. I've faced many players with KDR's of 120000-40000 and they are beatable

3.Some players KDR that are really high (Eg. 80000-30000) are probably players that had killfarmed in Plunder and Team Objectives when kills counted.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 2 of 62 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Survivor
2179 posts

Dec 4, 2012

It doesn't at all. Why? A majority of players with high KDR's killfarmed in Plunder and TO when it counted. And the ones that didn't and have high KDs just use really cheap tactics like camping. As said earlier, its more a measurement of how high of a threat a person is, not really a measurement of skill.

Message 3 of 62 (639 Views)
I Only Post Everything
802 posts

Dec 4, 2012
^ Says it all. In general, a high KD usually means they have some skill. But it's only a number, remember that. I have a 2.5 KD and I would say i'm a good player. Do I have bad games every now and then? Sure. Nobody is perfect.
Message 4 of 62 (628 Views)
Lombax Warrior
228 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I do not ussually check someones K/D before a match. The level is what stands out to me. If someone is a 4th/5th legacy I am going to see them as really good. Just because to get to such a high legacy one has to play a lot, and people naturally get better at a game the more they play. So max level in any legacy gets my respect. Also it is hard to account for K/D ratio when playing objective game types (plunder/obj etc.). 

R.I.P POGO
Message 5 of 62 (610 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Dec 4, 2012

KDR means nothing in both U2 and U3 because people boosted since the start.

Message 6 of 62 (603 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Dec 4, 2012

a KDRs credibility went way down due to:

-killfarming in plunder/TO

-parties of 5 stacking

-people Ragequitting every match they did bad in when it had no consequences

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 7 of 62 (578 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Dec 4, 2012

I only got good at the game in the last 2-3 months or so. My KDR is about 1.5 or something like that, which is OK but not great. Also, my WLR is pretty pathetic, since I used to rage-quit a lot in the past and I nearly never play in parties. Taking this into account, I'm able to beat/get better results than many players with great KDR's quite often. Bottom line: yes, a player with a superior KDR will undoubtedly be good at the game, but just because you have lower stats doesn't mean they are actually better than you. Cat Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 62 (572 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4134 posts

Dec 4, 2012
1. To some extent
2. I take everyone serious , unless im having a good day
-------------------
Iceyfire's youtube
Message 9 of 62 (366 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Dec 4, 2012

For me, to a certain extent.

Usually those with 3+ KDRs have done some killfarming back then, play very defensively, and/or play with parties almost all the time. Of course there are exceptions.

I'd be more wary of someone with a solid 1.75-2.75 KDR than those higher than that. From my experience they give a great challenge no matter what, while those who have a higher KDR tend to pose a challenge only due to being in a party.

Message 10 of 62 (352 Views)