Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
6257 posts

Re: Does KDR Depict Skill level??

Dec 4, 2012

As an added note, I always like looking at a person's headshots compared to how many kills they have. The higher the number the better their accuracy and the less they blindfire/melee/use explosives to get their kills.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/jfdnnp.jpg

ND Dev Replies: MacGruber310 / sintax201

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 64 (340 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Dec 4, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

As an added note, I always like looking at a person's headshots compared to how many kills they have. The higher the number the better their accuracy and the less they blindfire/melee/use explosives to get their kills.

Thats what i do, First thier KDR, then thier headshots and then thier W/L.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 64 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9878 posts

Dec 4, 2012
I just look at how much OBJ and Plunder points they have. It's not a good indicator still, but it tells you that he isn't stupid with Uncharted.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 64 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
605 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Yes, but there are many factors and variables that easily make it pointless. But there is never a great player with terrible stats. In my opinion the best way to determine their skill level is when you either play with or against and judge on that particular matter.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 64 (295 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13194 posts

Dec 4, 2012

KDR can only really be a measure of either:

1. How much someone has quit

2. How much luck people had running into lesser opponents

It is never a measure of how good someone is, my KDR is okay, BUT... I always have a party that has my back so they save me from many deaths I would have had if I was lone wolfing it. There is the fact that I enjoy playing with my buddies but that isn't really the debate here.

Back to KDR. Those with a lower KDR will improve so you'd start off with a low poor KDR and get better over time so in that case your KDR does not represent how you are as a player.

In my case.

I stopped playing as much so I'm way out of sync with the game I'm even pressing square to reload.. LOL even though my KDR is kinda somewhat decent, my skills are on a pretty low set so that doesn't represent my KDR either.

Summary:

KDR is not important because skills fluctuate for whatever reason be that improvement or getting worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 64 (280 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Dec 4, 2012

In my opinion, you can usually expect people with a good kdr to be tough opponents. But that doesn't mean they do well in every single game.

No matter how good your ratio is though, if someone else did better in the match, he did better. No high ratio will change anything about that and using it to show off is just stupid.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 64 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

I have a guy on my friends list with a 4.3 KDR in Uncharted 2 and 7.10 KDR in Uncharted 3.

I also have a guy there with a 2.2 KDR in Uncharted 2 and 3.05 KDR in Uncharted 3.

Let´s just say the 2.2 KDR guy is about 12 times better than the 4.3 KDR guy.

This is just one example but hope that answers your question.

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 64 (269 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Dec 4, 2012

No, KDR does not depict skill level.

1. Since all those Plunder kills where I got killed because I PLAYED THE OBJECTIVE don't mean I'm a bad player.

2. I let my friends (who are terrible at the game) play on my account.

3. Everyone's bad (to a certain extent) when they start out playing the game, you get better with time.

and let's not forget all the stupid deaths this game throws at you, lag, shotgun AK's, you know the deal.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 64 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1918 posts

Dec 4, 2012

Not really.

Those with low KD's don't even bother using the whack n roll, but that's mostly splitscreeners.

Those with higher KD's are more likely to use ROF, QB, PW kickbacks and find it hard to aim the KAL.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 64 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2343 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 4, 2012

Somewhat. People with 1 KDRs seem to be on the same skill level. People with 2 KDR and 3 KDR can tend to be just as good as eachother. People with a KDR of 3 tend to be better than the ones with 2 though. But when it comes to 4 and above, the skill level doesnt really change that much. 4 - 10 KDR are pretty much the same, then there are exceptions with the people that stat quit immensely and have a KDR of like 7 but play like they would have a 2.

And dont try to outscore me in public TDMs, u wont succeed :smileyvery-happy:

Wanna play a game of hangman? :smileywink:
Here's my FN profile, CLICK IT.
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 64 (296 Views)
0 Likes