Jun 23 2013
By: SonGaton I Only Post Everything 913 posts

Does anyone remember the LAN-Party Mode?

6 replies 811 views Edited Jun 23, 2013

Hello Guys, 

today I'll talk about a Game Mode in Uncharted 3 that becomes more and more unkown... The LAN-Party Game Mode. Or better said: **bleep**, what the hell happened to LAN-Party? There are all that funny and cool stuff? Why nobody will understand that LAN-Party is awesome? Bro, you can play it as Splitscreen! One against the other. No Technichal Problems with the W-Lan, No Lagg, more freaking Fun!

So, sience Patch 1.17 Uncharted 3 Multiplayer is Free to Play. Just for fun I downloaded it. No LAN-Party Mode I found. And no way to buy it in Store...?

And after I patched to 1.1.7 and looked in LAN-Party for new things - I was just shocked. **bleep**, I hoped that more stuff like Block Mesh Maps will coming to LAN-Party! And what? All that cool stuff was gone... Just gone and away (oh yeah I write it)...

Anyone remember that epic Shade Things? And the cool Weapons that you actually you must unlock Online with hit the Bronze tier?

shade clownmask.jpg

I ask: Why are these cool, funny and epic things away? Why? WHY!? I had so much fun playing against my best buddy and beat him with that cool Weapons and epic Shade Stuff for my Costume Skin!

The Shade Stuff from Version 1.15 for unlocking with Enter the Tournament was useable in LAN-Party. Dschinn is available in LAN-Party...  And what is with Shade Raptor Mask for Drake and Dive Helmet for Talbot? Why are these cool Things not available in LAN-Party? I ask Naughty Dog: Why, why and why?

shade clownmask.jpg

Seriously what is the logic behind this? This destroying of LAN-Party Mode?

-I wan't back the Weapons (before 1.17: Over 300 Weapons - after 1.17: The Normal Weapons- 40-60 Weapons)

-I wan't back the Shade Stuff from 1.15

-I wan't the Shade Stuff from Now (1.17)

-I wan't ALL Block Mesh Maps playable in LAN-Party

Uncharted Gamers, what do you think about it? The most of you won't care but... very soon the PSN will be down again and then...? Then you can't have fun with a buddy. Then you can't beat your buddy with cool things. And that cool stuff you will miss. We can't just play with the same, after a time, boring weapons for the hole time!

The Last of Us is out but I think, I someone heard something like "There is a team working on TLOU and there are a few people working on U3 Multiplayer"... TLOU isn't Uncharted and Naughty Dog just can't let the U3 MP die yet!

You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 1 of 7 (811 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
792 posts

Re: Does anyone remember the LAN-Party Mode?

Jun 23, 2013
The mp is alive bet the forum is dead ppl still play mp I think this game is fine in patches
Message 2 of 7 (789 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Im abit to lazy to read it all right now, so what you're saying is you want all these guns and clothing items to be avalible to all players for use?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 3 of 7 (779 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 23, 2013

ND took a huge dump on the LAN mode. I asked EvangM about it, but he refused to give us a proper explanation. Go figure...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 4 of 7 (771 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Jun 23, 2013

Given that the Tourney weapon and items collection was incomplete to begin with (the second Fireball weapons pack and the Gold weapons were missing, along with several Shade items), I'd call bug on this stuff ever being available in LAN Party and offline Co-op (someone screwed up).  Heck, the Fireball weapons (M9, Dragon, and FAL IIRC), Shade items, and Djinn required Tournament tiers to unlock in Co-op despite the fact that there was no Tournament or possibility of playing a Tournament offline: Djinn still requires six impossible Gold tiers, and you can assume the same for his hats and their Plat tiers.

There's at least one other issue to deal with too; the new DLC items don't show up offline.  There's no data with which to access these items, as offline modes can't be liveupdated.  Fixing paid items should definitely take place over the distribution of freebies.  As much as I would love to have the Raptor Mask in offline Co-op (and buy it for online too; why are both the normal and Shade variants Plat tier prizes anyway?), I paid for Sully's Eagle Mask and want to have that option available on both my online and offline profiles.

Message 5 of 7 (767 Views)
Sackboy
364 posts

I don't wanna be "that guy" but the word you're spelling...

Jun 24, 2013

I don't wanna be "that guy" but the word you're spelling as "wan't" is spelled "want". Smiley Happy

Signature Size for Contest July TLOU photo FINALSARAH_zpse2590fe2.jpg
Message 6 of 7 (732 Views)
I Only Post Everything
913 posts

Re: I don't wanna be "that guy" but the word you're spelling...

Jun 24, 2013
"Im abit to lazy to read it all right now, so what you're saying is you want all these guns and clothing items to be avalible to all players for use?"
Yes, I want all the permanently tournament rewards are available for every player. But not online. In LAN-Party.

"Given that the Tourney weapon and items collection was incomplete to begin with (the second Fireball weapons pack and the Gold weapons were missing, along with several Shade items), I'd call bug on this stuff ever being available in LAN Party and offline Co-op (someone screwed up). Heck, the Fireball weapons (M9, Dragon, and FAL IIRC), Shade items, and Djinn required Tournament tiers to unlock in Co-op despite the fact that there was no Tournament or possibility of playing a Tournament offline: Djinn still requires six impossible Gold tiers, and you can assume the same for his hats and their Plat tiers.

There's at least one other issue to deal with too; the new DLC items don't show up offline. There's no data with which to access these items, as offline modes can't be liveupdated. Fixing paid items should definitely take place over the distribution of freebies. As much as I would love to have the Raptor Mask in offline Co-op (and buy it for online too; why are both the normal and Shade variants Plat tier prizes anyway?), I paid for Sully's Eagle Mask and want to have that option available on both my online and offline profiles."

That's right...
There is just Dschinn and his hats. The bad thing is, all my buddys want to play with Dschinn and I don't. I better use Costume Hero with Shade Clownmask. Pure epicness.^^
The last DLC Pack is out. So ND really should bring a Patch which makes possible to play with animal hats in offline Modes.

"I don't wanna be "that guy" but the word you're spelling as "wan't" is spelled "want"."
Sorry about that. I'm not very good in English ( ._.)
I hope you can still read my posts Smiley Wink
You mean the hardest weapon in the game to master and get good with and actually requires skill DOESN'T need a nerf?!?
Get outa here." -dh0rmazine
Message 7 of 7 (696 Views)
0 Likes