First Son
8 posts

Re: Download MP to Hard Drive?

Feb 27, 2013

you cant give out free codes to those that have all the dlc, yet you and the others are willing to re-charge others for the exact same content again? im okay with the level cap and the multiplayer going free to play, but come on. it's a hard slap in the face to everyone that supported the game and purchased the content. i hope yall realize by doing this that yall have put many of the fans' loyalty to yall in jeopardy.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 41 (360 Views)
Survivor
1988 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Ok...

So if we (the disc owners) cant have the option of downloading the MP to our HDDs...then can someone from ND give us precise details as to HOW this could be achieved?

Could I (theoretically) download the F2P, then pay for the level un-cap? Would I then be able to play my EXISTING account, without using my disc?

Is it just me or is the lack of technical details astounding. Id be tempted to pay 10-15 bucks or whatever it is just to play through my HDD, if that was an option. But, I dont even know if it is.

ND, please tell us Disc Owners if F2P can benefit US (besides the increased player pool--we get it).

--
if you vote for Cave Plunder, may the gods have mercy on your soul
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 41 (334 Views)
Splicer
87 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Yeah, this would be a really nice, even if only to save your disc drive from some wear and tear.  Obviously the functionality to play the game from the HDD exists since you can download it from PSN so it's pretty dumb that there's no way to turn your disc into something you can play straight from the HDD.

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 41 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
1988 posts

Feb 27, 2013

You hit the nail in the head: Wear and Tear.

I have a Fat PS3 and I can hear the disc drive through my headset while talking to friends lol. Still is going strong but come on now.

Plus when the Last of Us comes out (wink wink, ND) I'd LOVE to be able to leave my TLoU disc in while playing some UC3 MP off my HDD.

--
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 41 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2013

You have to pay 20 bucks to get the full Competitive MP. Your stats will remain intact and all Competitive DLCs will be compatible, so there's no need to repurchase them.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 41 (319 Views)
Survivor
1988 posts

Feb 27, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

You have to pay 20 bucks to get the full Competitive MP. Your stats will remain intact and all Competitive DLCs will be compatible, so there's no need to repurchase them.

Ok so $20 to play MP without a disc. That just doesnt seem fair. I was under the impression we would be able to do that for free. Oh well :smileysad:

--
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 41 (320 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Feb 27, 2013

it would still be an unfair deal because if you wanted to play co-op, thats an additional price tag. and with it, you'd still have to repurchase the dlc because the original games dlc isnt compatible with the free to play co-op mode.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 41 (299 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
242 posts

Feb 27, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Thanks for that information. I hate to spend more money, and I expected that we would all get this free. But having said that I would really like to know if it runs better. Has anyone installed it yet? Do you still have your ND pawprint? :smileyvery-happy:

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 41 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Sieeker wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Thanks for that information. I hate to spend more money, and I expected that we would all get this free. But having said that I would really like to know if it runs better. Has anyone installed it yet? Do you still have your ND pawprint? :smileyvery-happy:

Well, it runs smoother. Let's just say that a contemporary 2.5" HDD is 10 times faster than 2x BD-ROM... 100MB/s vs 9MB/s.

Seek time is 20 times faster (12ms vs 250ms).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 41 (277 Views)
Fender Bender
3697 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Forget what i said, just read the post about the ads...

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 41 (246 Views)
0 Likes