Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Re: Download MP to Hard Drive?

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

Does buying Co-op arena remove the ads or do you have to pay the $20? Or do you have to buy both? Anyway, I don't understand why you don't earn XP and I also don't undertand why the disc owners can't download the full muliplayer onto our HDD for free (and obviously have the same functionality as the disc version: Being able to earn XP, no level cap, no ads, continuing on from where you left of level wise, and still having all the boosters you unlocked/leveled up etc).

Message 31 of 41 (234 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 3, 2013

@Tap: did not try Arena. I will cry if I can earn XP there and not in Comp.

Ferrari_1996 wrote:
Does buying Co-op arena remove the ads or do you have to pay the $20? Or do you have to buy both? Anyway, I don't understand why you don't earn XP and I also don't undertand why the disc owners can't download the full muliplayer onto our HDD for free (and obviously have the same functionality as the disc version: Being able to earn XP, no level cap etc).

Like I said, buying arena(or adventure, or single player, any "core component") disables ads.

I dont understand why I cant earn XP. Hopefully its a fail on ND's part and not actually how its supposed to be.

Disc Owners should absolutley be able to download MP onto the HDD, and play just as if we were playing off the disc. I guess they didnt want us doing that and then selling our discs. Not much of a show of loyalty on their part.

EDIT:

If the XP thing is never fixed, then it doesnt really matter if you get to Max Rank. Im legeacy 5 level 65, so when I hit 75, ill never use my disc again. Still, this is annoying as hell.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 32 of 41 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1674 posts

Mar 3, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

@Tap: did not try Arena. I will cry if I can earn XP there and not in Comp.

Ferrari_1996 wrote:
Does buying Co-op arena remove the ads or do you have to pay the $20? Or do you have to buy both? Anyway, I don't understand why you don't earn XP and I also don't undertand why the disc owners can't download the full muliplayer onto our HDD for free (and obviously have the same functionality as the disc version: Being able to earn XP, no level cap etc).

Like I said, buying arena(or adventure, or single player, any "core component") unlocks ads.

I dont understand why I cant earn XP. Hopefully its a fail on ND's part and not actually how its supposed to be.

Disc Owners should absolutley be able to download MP onto the HDD, and play just as if we were playing off the disc. I guess they didnt want us doing that and then selling our discs. Not much of a show of loyalty on their part.

Ok but if you don't want Co-op arena, paying the $20 will remove the ads right? I'm not going to pay (I don't have a job) so I have to stick with the disc version, I'm just curious. And thanks for replying :smileyhappy:
Message 33 of 41 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 3, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

If the XP thing is never fixed, then it doesnt really matter if you get to Max Rank. Im legeacy 5 level 65, so when I hit 75, ill never use my disc again. Still, this is annoying as hell.

I want to be able to earn XP... not for the leaderboards (although some people care about that), but for paid boosters, lol.

Anyway, you should have bought the Competitive unlock.

ps: I haven't checked if medals and stats (KDR/WLR) are recorded...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 34 of 41 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Mar 3, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Anyway, you should have bought the Competitive unlock.

ps: I haven't checked if medals and stats (KDR/WLR) are recorded...

$20 seemed a little excessive for a game ive already poured ~$90 into

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 35 of 41 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Another update in my endless quest to figure **bleep** out:

So I paid $10 for Co-op arena. That disabled the ads, which is great. But, i make no XP in Competitive matches.

Som i tried some Co-op to see if I could level there. When I tried to find a game in both area and shades (the DLC I bought and Downloaded), i got this message: "All party members must have this DLC pack in order to play."

I am the only person in my party, and I cant even go into matchmaking.

I bought Co-op Arena for $10, and the game wont allow me to play it.

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 36 of 41 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 5, 2013

ND is incompetent, even when it comes to microtransactions...

inb4abrownnoserchimesin

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 37 of 41 (129 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 5, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

OK guys so:

I downloaded F2P. Here's what I found.

Everything carries over. Im still 5th legacy, can use team safe and other things above level 15.

The only differences are:

30 second TV ads before and after every game.

I cannot earn XP or level up.

So to remove the above, you gotta pay $20.

This is great to know.  Thanks

I'm level 75 NO legacy never thought of and never planned on legacing.  There was never a point to legacy anyways because the legacy system was so broken (and capped!).  As long as I can play Classic, with the occasional Plunder matches and once in a blue moon the Lab, I should be good.

Message 38 of 41 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2122 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Eric-ND PMed me.

ND is aware of both the XP issue and co-op issue, and they are being worked on..

--
Say NO to paid DLC maps
Message 39 of 41 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I have to say, I feel sorry for the two people left to handle us.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 40 of 41 (69 Views)
0 Likes