Message 21 of 38 (542 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Downloadable UC3 sizes & prices

Feb 27, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:
@Tap - Arne says they don't give away things for free Smiley Wink

He's wrong. They have given away codes for free on Twitter.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 22 of 38 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Feb 27, 2013
Tell your friends to buy the full game! You know it's worth it. You have been supporting us this long and we continually give you and anyone who might be interested their choice of entry into the series. Spread the word.
Message 23 of 38 (533 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
594 posts

Feb 27, 2013
We don't giveaway free copies of our game unless it's for good cause. We'd be out of business if we did.
Message 24 of 38 (527 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:
We don't giveaway free copies of our game unless it's for good cause. We'd be out of business if we did.

Oh well, fair enough.

Just keep in mind that many people are experiencing disc loading issues:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/bd-p/24819
http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Please-read-if-spinning-ring-di...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 25 of 38 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3412 posts

Feb 27, 2013
My friends bought the full game but not everyone is a die hard fan willing to spend $40-60 on extra content, especially recycled maps that we can all go play in UC2, yes we own all 3 games so they have been supporting ND and a lot of them own The Golden Abyss for the Vita.

Just bundle all the Competitive Maps for $14.99 & call it a day & watch sales increase dramatically.
Message 26 of 38 (518 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Feb 27, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/playstation-store-update-280/

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer (Free)

Join the Adventure in UNCHARTED 3: Multiplayer. Download and play Competitive Multiplayer up to level 15 for Free! Access to Cooperative modes, additional Levels, and Game Modes sold separately.

ESRB: T // File Size: 6.9 GB

Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception GOTY Edition ($39.99)

Download the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Game of The Year Digital Edition. The Game of The Year Digital Edition includes all of the original UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception components as well as Flashback Map Pack #1, Flashback Map Pack #2, Drake’s Deception Map Pack, Fort Co-Op Adventure, Co-Op Shade Survival Mode, and over 40 additional Multiplayer Skins.

ESRB: T //File Size: 43.5 GB

Remember: you always need double the amount of space to download & install stuff from the PS store!

• UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Competitive MP – Level 25 Limit – $4.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Competitive MP – No Level Limit – $19.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Co-op Adventure Add On – $11.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Co-op Arena Add On – $9.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer DLC Map Packs – $24.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer French Language Pack – Free
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Spanish Language Pack – Free
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Multiplayer Splitscreen Add On – $1.99
  • UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception Single Player Experience – $29.99

Do they really think they can get that kind of money. To buy UC3 in stores cost $20, flat. GOTY is 40. Why would anyone pay 30 bucks just for the campaign?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 27 of 38 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Feb 27, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:
Tell your friends to buy the full game! You know it's worth it. You have been supporting us this long and we continually give you and anyone who might be interested their choice of entry into the series. Spread the word.

I've told pretty much everyone I know about the Uncharted franchise and it's multiplayer. If they have played the single player but haven't dabbled into the multiplayer (usually because they don't typically play multiplayer games) I have told them they should try it out. Heck, I have friends that only play CoD on Xbox that I've told that, beyond the other games, that the Uncharted franchise is worth the price. I've shown them videos of U3 mp and some U2. I've told them that overall (keyword) the multiplayer is pretty fun though it does have it's problems.

Honestly, I feel like the Uncharted multiplayer has such a high potential and it hasn't reach it yet. In my opinion it hasn't even come close to its potential. I see it as the DIFINITIVE 3rd person shooter and in the top tiers of multiplayers in general some day. Maybe that day will come with Uncharted 4. It needs some changes to get there and I think it's going that direction. We're all waiting.

Message 28 of 38 (491 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2224 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 27, 2013

Eric-ND wrote:

Free to play until a certain level. You're doing it all wrong. I mean splitscreen for cash? Really? Plus you only have a two man team working on patches (here.) You should have actually made it FREE to play instead of charging  extra money for features (to get past level 25, ect.) Why should I tell people about this game when you refuse to fix so many things like the treasure system, Co-op bugs, party splits, ect? I don't plan on buying The Last of Us, you lost my purchase. So why the heck would I tell other people about this game when you clearly don't care about it (you rarely post on the Community forums less there is a patch/DLC/whatever released.) I don't mean to be rude or anything, but we have supported your game, you just choose not to listen to us on how to make the game better. When you show you're fixing technical fixes and replying to the Community so much more, then I'll start telling people about this game and giving your future products a chance. What you should have did? MAKE the multiplayer entirely free (except DLC) and make cash off of microtransactions. Much like Team Fortress 2, people would have been jumping to this game, and had you a bigger team working on fixes. Sorry for the rant, I love this game but there is so much that you could make better with this game but you choose not to (even coming on these forums is a miracle. You reply more to people on Twitter and other sites, and avoid your OWN forums at all costs.)

Message 29 of 38 (469 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4912 posts

Feb 27, 2013
So this is the big news they've been teasing since christamas huh? They will never change. Big read, huge patch, more than just a patch, we'll show you guys how much we love you, etc, etc.

The F2P transactions are HIGHLY overpriced and that was defended by the PR BS of Arne in another thread. SHAME. Big news eh? I cannot express how disappointed I am in YOU, not the patch, ND. Can't say more than that. I don't think I'll support The Last Of Us unless I see the positive feedback. I'm not even kidding. You lost my trust and respect.

Message 30 of 38 (450 Views)