Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Re: Downloadable (paid) UC3 MP doesn't have LAN, 3D and does not give any XP/cash

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

The way they described the F2P was that it starts off F2P and then you can pay to unlock whatever you want from the full game but if you buy it all individually it would be more than just buying the game, but if the are certain things that are impossible to get in F2P no matter what you buy, then they should have been noted because the implication made by the ND blog post was that F2P was a microtransaction divided version of the full game.

I'm starting to believe that LAN and 3D were meant to be sold as separate unlocks, just like splitscreen... :smileysad: hopefully ND will prove me wrong and they will enable these features.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 61 (273 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

Re: Downloadable (paid) UC3 MP doesn't have LAN, 3D and does not give any XP/cash

Mar 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Eric-ND wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Why is that? Even if you pay $20, there's no LAN mode. Has anyone else noticed it?

LAN mode was never an offering in the F2P. We never mentioned it because it was never included. 

LAN mode is a feature of UC3 MP. It's not meant to be exclusive to the disc version, unless you mentioned it somewhere and I missed it...

Also, what about 3D? Why is it missing? Neither LAN nor 3D consume a lot of space on the disc, so that can't be the reason.

I know for a fact (according to a ND dev) that LAN uses the same infrastructure (menus etc.) as the online mode. Regarding 3D, there are no prerecorded cutscenes in the MP, so it doesn't consume more space (like the Campaign/SP).

Well this is getting interesting..

Finish him.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 61 (270 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013
Double post dammit.

Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 61 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 5, 2013

@Dutch

This is not a fight, it's a civilized discussion... I just want some clarifications from Eric.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 61 (265 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1429 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

According to your other topic (where you litteraly are capslocking) I thought it was? You want me to delete it? If you think it affects you I will if not, well they only have banned and IP banned me several tries, IDC if it is 1 more :smileyvery-happy: .

Just doing this for the laughs.

Edit: My great amigo evangM is already here :smileyhappy:.

Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 61 (256 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Mar 5, 2013
LAN is not an unlock. It is not part of the FTP client and was not meant to be.
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 61 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
40 posts

Mar 5, 2013
What about 3D support?
Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 61 (245 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 5, 2013

EvangM wrote:

So, why did you remove LAN and 3D from the downloadable version?

Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 61 (239 Views)
I Only Post Everything
775 posts

Mar 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

EvangM wrote:

To reduce the size of the package file to a reasonable amount.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 61 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 5, 2013

EvangM wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

EvangM wrote:

To reduce the size of the package file to a reasonable amount.

You know this is not true... you had told me that the LAN mode shares the same infrastructure as the online mode.

You also know that there are no prerecorded 2D/3D cutscenes in the MP, since everything is rendered in real time.

It seems to me that you forgot to include them...

Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 61 (197 Views)
0 Likes