Reply
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

Mac has spoken...fair enough but it's too bad there will be no other coop maps added.  Still, I'm pretty happy that we coop fans got something and two years after release!  Thanks ND.

 

However, I hope that if we're lucky enough to get another Uncharted title, ND designs ALL maps with both comp and coop in mind OR they simply make the necessary tweaks to each map OR there are some exclusive cooperative maps.

Message 11 of 27 (319 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
Registered: 06/14/2009
Offline
14385 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

We just have to push for co-op to be vastly improved in Uncharted 4.

 

Step One is to bring back Survival only.

 

I really don't mind Gold Rush. But I'd prefer survival.

 

I loathe Siege though.. Really hate it.



Message 12 of 27 (310 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013
I'd want more co-op ADV stories, like UC2. I posted ideas on how to possible go about it somewhere, but I can't find it.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 13 of 27 (297 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

@Aureilia...

 

Interesting observation...consideration of the siege areas are what makes or breaks certain maps for me (I loathe Syria, Molten Ruins and Lost City for that reason) but I never really thought about hating Siege itself.

 

Now that you mention it, I think Survival is my favourite. Survival only?...interesting.  If they went back to the UC2 paradigm, I don’t think I’d play Siege at all (unless a trophy was involved) and I’d have to think long and hard about 10 rounds of Gold Rush.

Message 14 of 27 (295 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Wastelander
Registered: 10/18/2010
Offline
685 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

More coop generally, would be a good thing in my book.  I was commenting to a friend a little while ago that I prefer UC2’s Coop Objective (UC2’s version of adventure) to the other modes and for UC3, I prefer Arena.  I can’t put my finger on exactly why I prefer UC2’s adventure over UC3’s adventure unless it’s because the variety offered in UC3’s “blended” mode Arena is more compelling than the Adventures.  Still, I was happy that we eventually ended up with twice as many adventures in UC3 (including Fort).

 

One major difference between the two is the imperative to revive teammates - UC2’s “three strikes you’re out” vs. UC3’s finite lives paradigm.  I always feel guilty not reviving a teammate but because of the different mechanic in UC2, my “ruthlessness” threshold was lower…I assume that was deliberate on ND’s part.

 

I ‘d be curious to know some hard numbers around the hours played for comp versus coop.  It’s generally accepted that comp is more “popular”, I just wonder how much more.

Message 15 of 27 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013
Technically, though, it's just one adventure. 5 chapters for the heroes and one for the villains.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 16 of 27 (290 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 02/03/2013
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013
I also want a dry docks co-op. only coz the map looks awesome and seems its be a lot of fun playing arena in it on crushing.
If I ever start to think straight, this heart will start a riot in me.
Message 17 of 27 (273 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7550 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

NightShadowOwl wrote:
I also want a dry docks co-op. only coz the map looks awesome and seems its be a lot of fun playing arena in it on crushing.

The map is too big for a Co-Op arena setting.......

Sleep Matt signature
Message 18 of 27 (271 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3423 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

We just have to push for co-op to be vastly improved in Uncharted 4.

 

Step One is to bring back Survival only.

 

I really don't mind Gold Rush. But I'd prefer survival.

 

I loathe Siege though.. Really hate it.


I like Seige in UC2 Smiley Happy 

Message 19 of 27 (268 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 12/27/2012
Online
3423 posts
 

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Aureilia...

 

Interesting observation...consideration of the siege areas are what makes or breaks certain maps for me (I loathe Syria, Molten Ruins and Lost City for that reason) but I never really thought about hating Siege itself.

 

Now that you mention it, I think Survival is my favourite. Survival only?...interesting.  If they went back to the UC2 paradigm, I don’t think I’d play Siege at all (unless a trophy was involved) and I’d have to think long and hard about 10 rounds of Gold Rush.


Lost City & especially Oasis has the worst Seige zones. I like Co-op on Museum, Yemen has bad seige zones as well. 

 Syria is just an awful map for everything lol.

Message 20 of 27 (263 Views)
Reply
0 Likes