Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Dry Docks Co-op

Oct 31, 2013

Mac has spoken...fair enough but it's too bad there will be no other coop maps added.  Still, I'm pretty happy that we coop fans got something and two years after release!  Thanks ND.

However, I hope that if we're lucky enough to get another Uncharted title, ND designs ALL maps with both comp and coop in mind OR they simply make the necessary tweaks to each map OR there are some exclusive cooperative maps.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 27 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13040 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

We just have to push for co-op to be vastly improved in Uncharted 4.

Step One is to bring back Survival only.

I really don't mind Gold Rush. But I'd prefer survival.

I loathe Siege though.. Really hate it.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 27 (141 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I'd want more co-op ADV stories, like UC2. I posted ideas on how to possible go about it somewhere, but I can't find it.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 27 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Oct 31, 2013

@Aureilia...

Interesting observation...consideration of the siege areas are what makes or breaks certain maps for me (I loathe Syria, Molten Ruins and Lost City for that reason) but I never really thought about hating Siege itself.

Now that you mention it, I think Survival is my favourite. Survival only?...interesting.  If they went back to the UC2 paradigm, I don’t think I’d play Siege at all (unless a trophy was involved) and I’d have to think long and hard about 10 rounds of Gold Rush.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 27 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Oct 31, 2013

More coop generally, would be a good thing in my book.  I was commenting to a friend a little while ago that I prefer UC2’s Coop Objective (UC2’s version of adventure) to the other modes and for UC3, I prefer Arena.  I can’t put my finger on exactly why I prefer UC2’s adventure over UC3’s adventure unless it’s because the variety offered in UC3’s “blended” mode Arena is more compelling than the Adventures.  Still, I was happy that we eventually ended up with twice as many adventures in UC3 (including Fort).

One major difference between the two is the imperative to revive teammates - UC2’s “three strikes you’re out” vs. UC3’s finite lives paradigm.  I always feel guilty not reviving a teammate but because of the different mechanic in UC2, my “ruthlessness” threshold was lower…I assume that was deliberate on ND’s part.

I ‘d be curious to know some hard numbers around the hours played for comp versus coop.  It’s generally accepted that comp is more “popular”, I just wonder how much more.

Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 27 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9824 posts

Oct 31, 2013
Technically, though, it's just one adventure. 5 chapters for the heroes and one for the villains.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 27 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Oct 31, 2013
I also want a dry docks co-op. only coz the map looks awesome and seems its be a lot of fun playing arena in it on crushing.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 27 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
6777 posts

Oct 31, 2013

NightShadowOwl wrote:
I also want a dry docks co-op. only coz the map looks awesome and seems its be a lot of fun playing arena in it on crushing.

The map is too big for a Co-Op arena setting.......

Sleep Matt signature
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 27 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2376 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

We just have to push for co-op to be vastly improved in Uncharted 4.

Step One is to bring back Survival only.

I really don't mind Gold Rush. But I'd prefer survival.

I loathe Siege though.. Really hate it.

I like Seige in UC2 :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 27 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2376 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Aureilia...

Interesting observation...consideration of the siege areas are what makes or breaks certain maps for me (I loathe Syria, Molten Ruins and Lost City for that reason) but I never really thought about hating Siege itself.

Now that you mention it, I think Survival is my favourite. Survival only?...interesting.  If they went back to the UC2 paradigm, I don’t think I’d play Siege at all (unless a trophy was involved) and I’d have to think long and hard about 10 rounds of Gold Rush.

Lost City & especially Oasis has the worst Seige zones. I like Co-op on Museum, Yemen has bad seige zones as well. 

Syria is just an awful map for everything lol.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 27 (94 Views)
0 Likes