Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 26 2012
By: Pearl_Blue_Soul Hekseville Citizen 330 posts

EDIT: FFA win medal?

[ Edited ]
12 replies 209 views Edited Sep 26, 2012

Edited: Some people think that a win for the winner only could promote farming, so I'm changing this thread: What about a MEDAL for winning an FFA match?

That's 100% fair. FFA is a competitive mode, unlike TDM, where you can win camping, partying up, Kickback spamming, etc... In FFA you're alone, you have to rush to win the game and there are less kickbacks and Power Weapons (there shouldn't be ANY Power Weapon in FFA, though).

And since the Quit Penalty was introducted, there's a LOSS for anyone quitting out / getting DC from FFA.

So, where's the WIN for the winner?

20000 out of my 25000 kills come from FFA. I won over 1000 FFA games in my UC3 career. I would like some kind of reward for actually winning the friggin' match.

2179 posts

Re: Give us a win for FFA.

Sep 26, 2012

Pearl_Blue_Soul wrote:

Give us a win for winning an FFA match, period.

That's 100% fair. FFA is a competitive mode, unlike TDM, where you can win camping, partying up, Kickback spamming, etc... In FFA you're alone, you have to rush to win the game and there are less kickbacks and Power Weapons (there shouldn't be ANY Power Weapon in FFA, though).

And since the Quit Penalty was introducted, there's a LOSS for anyone quitting out / getting DC from FFA.

So, where's the WIN for the winner?

20000 out of my 25000 kills come from FFA. I won over 1000 FFA games in my UC3 career. I would like some kind of reward for actually winning the friggin' match.

YEA. FFA is basically the most difficult game mode to win, so I believe you should get something for actually winning. Even though Plunder might be more difficult.

Message 2 of 13 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2073 posts

Sep 26, 2012
I'd rather them add a "FFA Wins" listing. If it just gave you a win you can be sure all statwhores would just farm the mode for wins.
Pepsi
Message 3 of 13 (189 Views)
Fender Bender
4171 posts

Sep 26, 2012

No thanks. What they need to do is remove the quit penalty for FFA and The Lab as you can't get wins or losses in those modes.

Proud Member of [FnxX} & DeFy. @UMG_Hybrid
Message 4 of 13 (188 Views)
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Sep 26, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

No thanks. What they need to do is remove the quit penalty for FFA and The Lab as you can't get wins or losses in those modes.

Totally agreed. Do not change it, it's perfect the way it is. :smileyhappy:

Message 5 of 13 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
330 posts

Sep 26, 2012

HIhi2442 wrote:

I would be fine with that, but I'm wondering what's the point of winning FFA then...

0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Sep 26, 2012

Pearl_Blue_Soul wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

I would be fine with that, but I'm wondering what's the point of winning FFA then...

I use FFA as a warm up before I go to the other game modes. 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 7 of 13 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2179 posts

Sep 26, 2012

wais_45 wrote:

Pearl_Blue_Soul wrote:

HIhi2442 wrote:

I use FFA as a warm up before I go to the other game modes. 

Interesting, I play it when I have nothing better to do. Even though before deciding to play it I usually go through a 2 minute conversation with myself trying to decide whether or not I should play it.

Message 8 of 13 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1892 posts

Sep 26, 2012

NO! For a couple a reason:

1. If you put a Win for FFA it would also have to give losses, so people could not just play FFA to obtain a 1000 W/L ratio
  2.  No way to avoid late joins. In TDM if you party up you won't late join, but you can't party up in FFA. I would hate to get Late Join losses in FFA.
  3. FFA is in many ways a broken mode, luck has a huge factor in Wins.  I don't want to get awarded losses for BS 
  4. Leading off on the last reason the gameplay in FFA is unbalanced. Some people have access to powerweapons while others don't. Spawns in FFA suck

@Hihi: You should still get a loss in FFA for quiting, as much as I hate the loss system. This is because FFA will become a KD W**res paradise. Imagine getting 1 kill then quitting.

Message 9 of 13 (131 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
384 posts

Sep 26, 2012

FFA + DLC Off = Competitive wins farming.

[SnYp]-Clan
Message 10 of 13 (122 Views)