Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sep 17 2012
By: wais_45 Gaming Beast 1925 posts

[ERIC RESPONDED!!!]Remove Unlucky and Kill based medals In Pl and TO

[ Edited ]
175 replies 1534 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

I was just checking my stats for uncharted 3 and I noticed I had 81 unluckies. I was surprised because I play team objective and plunder a lot, and I know for a fact I got like 30 unluckies in tdm. Also, I’m pretty sure kill based medals are being counted towards those game types as well. 

Question: Why does kill based medals and unluckies count in plunder and team objective? Since kills don't count towards your K/D and to your personal statistics, it doesn't make any sense having killed based medals count in those game types. Unluckies are not killing based medals, but they should not be obtainable in plunder and team objective! 

Unlucky Medal

• Remove the unlucky medal in Team Objective and Plunder (I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove it in non based tdm game types)
  • Having the medal prevents certain players from actually playing the objective that is in hand. This can be annoying because TO and Plunder are best played as a team, an the overall experience of the game modes would increase
  • Would you like to have a match where it's neck and neck and only 5 minutes left and everyone is playing like a team? It is honestly hard to find matches like that because people would put there pride in the way of the match
  • If ND doesn't want to remove the unlucky medal, why not rename it? E.g., "Falling soldier". 
  • "The Streak medal does not exist in Objective modes, so the equivalent deathstreak medal (Unlucky) should be removed as well."
  • "I’m not saying scrap the medal to those selective readers, I’m saying remove or rename it in non based tdm game types"

I had to repeat that because there were some individuals who saw the words "remove" and "unlucky" and started to jump to conclusions. 

Kill Based Medals

• There should be more types of medals specifically for Team Objective and Plunder, re-using medals that were made for tdm would not do any justice, also, simply removing kill based medals and not replacing it would make it extremely difficult to get kickbacks, which are obviously needed in crucial points in the game
  • The values of certain medals should be adjusted, so it doesn't allow certain people to just rack on the medals or use them to cash-farm
  • Also, add more TO medals, cause there aren’t nearly enough
  • This is a thread open to every idea so please post your solutions too 

Medal names created by you:

• "Heaven Overload"
  •  "Distracted Much?

Other thread you should check out that are made by scootgar and gunnsandwiches42 that adress plunder and team objective: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/The-Erosion-of-the-Plunder-Game...

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Plunder-and-TO-TDM-Lite-Fix-it/...

Thanks for taking the time to read this, please, if you don't agree keep it CIVILIZED. And what I mean by support is by keeping this thread alive, and not it being put to forum grave. You could kudo it to kudo who.re exposed if you want. Thanks again....Oh and support this thread! 

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 1 of 176 (1,534 Views)
Lombax Warrior
109 posts

Re: Yes Another Support Thread....

Sep 17, 2012
I agree, it should be removed, or renamed to "Taking one for the team" or something like that in objective games. But I do think kills count towards your personal stat card, just not the leaderboards.
Message 2 of 176 (1,501 Views)
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Sep 17, 2012

pro_odeh wrote:
I agree, it should be removed, or renamed to "Taking one for the team" or something like that in objective games. But I do think kills count towards your personal stat card, just not the leaderboards.

In plunder and team objective? It doesn't any more. Only tdm counts towards leaderboards. Thanks for posting guys and show some support!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 3 of 176 (1,486 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11107 posts

Sep 17, 2012

*yay* another thread i can support! :smileyvery-happy:

You have my full support, i think i got around 10 Unluckies in kill-based modes... but i have fifty-something Unluckies... i know the smart**bleep**s will say "it fills your kickback", I DON'T CARE OKAY, I DON'T. :smileyindifferent:

wais_45 wrote:
  • Remove unlucky from plunder and team objective

Mah dream. <3

Message 4 of 176 (1,480 Views)
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Sep 17, 2012

renatabls wrote:

*yay* another thread i can support! :smileyvery-happy:

You have my full support, i think i got around 10 Unluckies in kill-based modes... but i have fifty-something Unluckies... i know the smart**bleep**s will say "it fills your kickback", I DON'T CARE OKAY, I DON'T. :smileyindifferent:

wais_45 wrote:
  • Remove unlucky from plunder and team objective

Mah dream. <3

Lool. Thx renatabls...:smileytongue:

34gau1c.jpg

Message 5 of 176 (1,470 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1391 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Due to me playing OBJ and Plunder more than any other game mode, my Unluckies are in the 500s, I believe, and I would love to not get any more. This medal needs to pack its bags, as its departure is long overdue.

However, I sense ND saying something along the lines of "We have no desire to remove any medals at this time".

So, if they were to rename it, I would suggest something a bit more positive and optimistic than ugly old "Unlucky".

Maybe something along the lines of "Persistent Fighter" or "Unsung Hero".

Message 6 of 176 (1,466 Views)
Wastelander
729 posts

Sep 17, 2012
I had a similar thread way back, i got bashed for it by some members lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 7 of 176 (1,459 Views)
Gaming Beast
1925 posts

Sep 17, 2012

IEATLILKITTENS wrote:

Due to me playing OBJ and Plunder more than any other game mode, my Unluckies are in the 500s, I believe, and I would love to not get any more. This medal needs to pack its bags, as its departure is long overdue.

However, I sense ND saying something along the lines of "We have no desire to remove any medals at this time".

So, if they were to rename it, I would suggest something a bit more positive and optimistic than ugly old "Unlucky".

Maybe something along the lines of "Persistent Fighter" or "Unsung Hero".

I like the "unsung hero" name!  "unlucky" is so negative. 

34gau1c.jpg

Message 8 of 176 (1,449 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
231 posts

Sep 18, 2012
Rename it to 'Team Player' or something like that.
Message 9 of 176 (1,416 Views)
Wastelander
554 posts

Sep 18, 2012

I guess this is a good idea. :smileyhappy:

I don't really care about unluckies though because 90% of the ones I have, come from TO/Plunder.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 10 of 176 (1,328 Views)
0 Likes