Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Re: [ERIC RESPONDED!!!]Remove Unlucky and Kill based medals In Pl and TO

Jan 6, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

You know, they could just adjust the medal requirements so that if you pick up the idol in plunder it resets your deathstreak. I mean, if your not picking up the idol and you still die 5 times in a row, you kind of deserve an unlucky medal. As for TO, same thing. If you get in the Hill or one of the chain reaction areas it resets too. 

too complicated i fear, not sure id like it either.

anyways my problem isnt really the unluckies and death streaks (in my eyes that usually means they are the team that are not doing well and are getting creamed - i.e. they could use a free medal). i think people just dont like recieving the unlucky medal cuz it makes them feel like a warm sheet in a toilet bowl. if it ws called something else or if they didnt recieve it for dying 5 times in a row (maybe if it was for getting the treasure only for you to be halted i.e. -killled or treasure stolen by the enemy - them maybe people wouldnt dislike it so much)

the team that are getting creamed (even if that just means they are playing the objective and getting killed by farmers) are normally the ones that are getting the unluckies - they deserve to get an free medal towards their kickback.

my big problem is that the killfarmers and campers are still getting rewarded for doing just that even though they dont play the objective.

or even a entire party that are all in a zone in turf war or king of a hill and just destroy the people that try to take the hill from them - they are already winning - they shouldnt be getting more medals towards their kickbacks - they dont need them.

the people that are getting creamed trying to take the hill off them do.

I think you're talking about parties of 5 getting 4 captures then kill farming for the rest of the time. Well for that, in basketball, there is what you call a running clock; mercy. The game ends if your losing by too much, I think its by fourty points in basketball. The same thing could happen in plunder. If your losing by three or four (I don't know, the details would have to be worked out later) with only five, ten, seven (whatever you think it should be) minutes left, the game ends. Another possibilty is that if one team capture the idol three times in a row, without the other team ever touching it, the game would end. Or, the losing team could vote on whether they want the game to end. It would be like kicking a player. A message would come up and ask you if you wanted to continue. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. What do you guys think?

As for unluckies, yes they could just change the name for unluckies obtained in objective based game modes. 

@ Blennerville, what exactly do you mean by kill farmers are getting rewarded for getting kills. Do you mean the $25, or what? 

It could reduce a lot of needless farming. I really like this idea...not bad.

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Message 171 of 176 (194 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jan 6, 2013

wais_45 wrote:

Renegade_angel95 wrote:

FromTheDutch wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

It's nice and all that Eric has responded and they're looking into changing some medals, but I feel that all this is kind of pointless at this point. "Remove unlucky medals from plunder?" 

First, I think you're about 17 months late. I would have cared about this 17 months ago. Second, killing plays an important part in both plunder and objective games. Why remove kill based medals and replace them with "something else" (more TO medals?) . You (OP) haven't even suggested what the new medals would be ( or I didn't read carefully enough ). :smileyindifferent: 

TL;DR: It's a bit late for this and this isn't exactly needed. Technical fixes are needed ( and more players :smileytongue: )

Now you sir +1. This is what I was trying to say, you litteraly get the words out of my mouth :smileyhappy: .

Techinical fixes are top priority, yes. But this is something that seems very low rescource intense and wouldn't be hard to change/remove. It'd be more of a bonus in a patch as opposed to making it entirely about it.

Well, a fairly big group of the community has agreed with the OP and to be honest, I am not one of them. Personally, I see this medal as what it is, a medal. It's nothing more, nothing less, it's 5 deaths without a kill, not "LOL U SUCK AND HERE IS A MEDAL TO PROVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!" or something similar, but that is how a lot of people see it as. I don't think it does anything to hurt the gamemode except maybe discouraging people to play the gamemode for fear of getting the medal (But why would you want people like that playing objective? They're probably not playing solely for the objective in that case). Now I personally have gotten several unluckies, both in deathmatch and objective based modes, I probably have several hundreds maybe even 1000+ but do I care? No. I play to play the objective, I just see unlucky as another medal towards my kickback when I am on a death streak. I don't care that it amounts to what some players consider a bad stat. And if you want to judge my skill at this game, based on my unlucky medals, and think "he's probably not that good" well, you will be in for a rude surprise.

That is my opinion, however, tons agree with the OP so maybe it is the way to go. And several good points have been made about it disencouraging the playing of the gamemode (but I added in my thoughts above) and it it doesn't belong" which I guess it being a kill based medal does bring a point, but I see it as an excuse. Streak, Fury and so on have been removed to prevent people from kill farming for rampants. Those medal removals made sense because they were something players would want greatly and it caused a lot of kill farming in U2 (even when it was worth nothing in cash) but nobody farms for unluckies, that's my reply to that argument. And several good points have and will be made for this.

I replied several times to this thread (including getting off-topic) and my opinion still stands where it was. It's a medal, it's there, it means nothing more than the description. I can't see why anyone would care unless they have"unlucky paranoia" but that is how I see it. With a large amount of people agreeing, I wouldn't really care if it did get removed, with so many people agreeing it's basically a 4 vs 50(ish).

Its a medal that doesn't belong in to and plunder. They removed the killstreak medal, the equivalent of the unlucky medal which shows that those types of medals have no place in modes that have objectives that are priority . The definition of the medal proves it doesn't belong in plunder and to. I have over 100 unluckies (all but 30 from to and plunder) so I don't have any unlcuky paronoia, and that was not the driving force for the creation of my thread.  Im fine with your contrustive disagreement and I welcome more from others.

I said in my post that it made sense to remove streaks and so on, because people sought out for them in Uncharted 2 in plunder which lead to much kill farming. Nobody is going to seek out unlucky medals, so in my opinion it does no harm as it doesn't change the game mode and encourage kill farming.

Now I get a few unlucky medals here and there. Usually when I am hardcore trying to get the idol while the other team defends it to make it respawn. I see "unlucky" and think none other than "I died 5 times without a kill" it gets counted for my kickback, I move on to play the objective. It doesn't hinder the objective from my stand point. Now some think it may encourage other players to not try so hard for the objective, but if they're caring so much about a medal that tryhards/deathmatch fanboys care about, then they're most likely not the players who play the objective anyway.

Now with that said, I think that with the support you have this idea should be implemented, but I'll still always believe that MOST of the players agreeing only care about it as a stat and not the "impact" it has on the gamemode itself.

Message 172 of 176 (169 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
128 posts

Jan 6, 2013
I check my stats it say I have 1013 unlucky because I play plunder and objective by myself with Radom people and I don't play in a party of 5 and they never get the idiol or do the objective it's alway me risking my self so our team could win and I am not a bad player my kd is bad because I play a lot lab games but now my stat card is positive by a lot and I started playing u3 in April 2012
Mains -Parrapa Sir Dan Sackboy
Subs - spike drake toro sweet tooth sly rachet
Message 173 of 176 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10109 posts

Jan 6, 2013

smekgamer714 wrote:
I check my stats it say I have 1013 unlucky because I play plunder and objective by myself with Radom people and I don't play in a party of 5 and they never get the idiol or do the objective it's alway me risking my self so our team could win and I am not a bad player my kd is bad because I play a lot lab games but now my stat card is positive by a lot and I started playing u3 in April 2012

Trust me, the only time people check other people's stats is if seeing crappy stats makes them feel more confident. It's cool.

Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 174 of 176 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2677 posts

Jan 6, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Blennerville wrote:

stayFROST-E wrote:

You know, they could just adjust the medal requirements so that if you pick up the idol in plunder it resets your deathstreak. I mean, if your not picking up the idol and you still die 5 times in a row, you kind of deserve an unlucky medal. As for TO, same thing. If you get in the Hill or one of the chain reaction areas it resets too. 

too complicated i fear, not sure id like it either.

anyways my problem isnt really the unluckies and death streaks (in my eyes that usually means they are the team that are not doing well and are getting creamed - i.e. they could use a free medal). i think people just dont like recieving the unlucky medal cuz it makes them feel like a warm sheet in a toilet bowl. if it ws called something else or if they didnt recieve it for dying 5 times in a row (maybe if it was for getting the treasure only for you to be halted i.e. -killled or treasure stolen by the enemy - them maybe people wouldnt dislike it so much)

the team that are getting creamed (even if that just means they are playing the objective and getting killed by farmers) are normally the ones that are getting the unluckies - they deserve to get an free medal towards their kickback.

my big problem is that the killfarmers and campers are still getting rewarded for doing just that even though they dont play the objective.

or even a entire party that are all in a zone in turf war or king of a hill and just destroy the people that try to take the hill from them - they are already winning - they shouldnt be getting more medals towards their kickbacks - they dont need them.

the people that are getting creamed trying to take the hill off them do.

I think you're talking about parties of 5 getting 4 captures then kill farming for the rest of the time. Well for that, in basketball, there is what you call a running clock; mercy. The game ends if your losing by too much, I think its by fourty points in basketball. The same thing could happen in plunder. If your losing by three or four (I don't know, the details would have to be worked out later) with only five, ten, seven (whatever you think it should be) minutes left, the game ends. Another possibilty is that if one team capture the idol three times in a row, without the other team ever touching it, the game would end. Or, the losing team could vote on whether they want the game to end. It would be like kicking a player. A message would come up and ask you if you wanted to continue. I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. What do you guys think?

As for unluckies, yes they could just change the name for unluckies obtained in objective based game modes. 

@ Blennerville, what exactly do you mean by kill farmers are getting rewarded for getting kills. Do you mean the $25, or what? 

i mean that there is still an incentive for them to do it, they do still get medals towards their kickback.

i think it would be a very good idea if kills and deaths were not counted at all in plunder/objective - they shouldnt even show on the scoreboard, only how many points you have.

also killfarmers are encouraged to do so in objectives because you also have two kill based modes - multi marked man and deathmatch - they should both be removed, just replace them with another round of turf war and king of the hill - simples.

when a good team are all in a zone, when they are way ahead and destroying a poorer team that are trying to take the hill, the good team usually get even more medals and thus more kickbacks just by staying there and killing the other team - thats always going to happen i guess with the kickback system.

there should be some kind of penalty in plunder for a team that goes 4 - 0 up and then killfarms, - if there was someway of making it easier for the other team, a way to give then a boost, the team that are 4 up shouldnt get anything anyways in the line of medals or just lock their kickbacks would be better. give the team that are behind extra boosters or something.

Message 175 of 176 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1962 posts

Jan 6, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Great idea i'll add it to the op later.

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 176 of 176 (105 Views)
0 Likes