Reply
Apr 11 2013
By: canadian94eh Survivor 2348 posts
Offline

Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

[ Edited ]
15 replies 415 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

obviously i would like to see the precursor orb (from jak and daxter (odd / strange relic)) like they've had in all 3 uncharted games to make an appearance in TLOU, but another cool one would have an uncharted easter egg in the game. what i was thinking was to have a zombie (or whatever they are) do the pump taunt ... place it in an off path location or just behind a glass window so it can't be shot (but still kind of hidden)

 

what do you think of this idea? what kind of uncharted easter egg would you like to see in TLOU?

 

(this is uncharted related, so don't move it to TLOU forums)

Message 1 of 16 (415 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
19908 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

The most fitting Easter Egg would be either the Dead Explorer or the Dead Agent located somewhere in the game, maybe with a trophy for examining their corpse or something. Maybe that could have a Nathan Drake corpse or Drake's Journal somewhere in the game?

 

I have to agree with the Strange Relic/Precursor Orb, but finding Drake's Journal and knowing that he met an unfortunate demise would be pretty funny. Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 16 (402 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

The most fitting Easter Egg would be either the Dead Explorer or the Dead Agent located somewhere in the game, maybe with a trophy for examining their corpse or something. Maybe that could have a Nathan Drake corpse or Drake's Journal somewhere in the game?

 

I have to agree with the Strange Relic/Precursor Orb, but finding Drake's Journal and knowing that he met an unfortunate demise would be pretty funny. Smiley Very Happy


Drake's Journal, Sully's cigar and watch, and a dead Elena/Chloe. Smiley Very Happy

 

Or zombie Jeff. Smiley Very Happy

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 3 of 16 (398 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
19908 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Or zombie Jeff. Smiley Very Happy


 

You just made me think of another one.

 

Zombie Lazarevic. He wears all black, is a level 1 Clicker, and yells "DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" as he sprints towards you. He'd had more health than a regular Clicker, but still be fairly easy to kill.

 

After killing him, Joel would make a comment like "Who's Drake?"

 

I doubt this exact thing would happen, but I'd sure get a kick out of it. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 16 (392 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

Or zombie Jeff. Smiley Very Happy


 

You just made me think of another one.

 

Zombie Lazarevic. He wears all black, is a level 1 Clicker, and yells "DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!" as he sprints towards you. He'd had more health than a regular Clicker, but still be fairly easy to kill.

 

After killing him, Joel would make a comment like "Who's Drake?"

 

I doubt this exact thing would happen, but I'd sure get a kick out of it. Smiley Very Happy


Lol. You ran into a survivor that looks familiar to a cameraman getting eaten by a zombie Zoran.

 

If you kill the clicker dude fast enough, the guy says "Thanks man! I'll go look for my buddies," and as he leaves, he says "Elena? Drake? Chloe? Guys?"

 

You get a trophy that has the title "Aren't you..."

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 5 of 16 (386 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 11/11/2011
Offline
4570 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013
Didn't BioShock Infinite have a drake Easter egg?

My friend said he say one when he was playing through the game, but I don't have it so Idk if its true Smiley Tongue

SLB.png


Hi-5.png

Message 6 of 16 (370 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/06/2012
Offline
2633 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

Eventually, Joel & Ellie are going to get to California. And what better CA easter egg (other than an In-N-Out Burger troll ending) than the ruins of the Naughty Dog offices?

 

so many potential possibilites here!

 

A. It is populated by a gang of friendly survivors, who are represented by a strategical guy named Mets Cap who will give you stuff... for a small fee. They will mention evacuating soon (tm) from their current location.

B. Pogo and Trumpet skeletons.

C. Copies of Jak 4 and Uncharted Temple Racing scattered on the floor.

D. Joel making some sarcastic comment like "I always was more of a Ratchet guy."

E. Eric, Arne, Wellsnbalestra, and all the other Naughty Dogs just going full-out Rambo gunning down clickers.

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 7 of 16 (363 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Paw
Registered: 12/06/2011
Online
19908 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

Eventually, Joel & Ellie are going to get to California. And what better CA easter egg (other than an In-N-Out Burger troll ending) than the ruins of the Naughty Dog offices?

 

so many potential possibilites here!

 

A. It is populated by a gang of friendly survivors, who are represented by a strategical guy named Mets Cap who will give you stuff... for a small fee. They will mention evacuating soon (tm) from their current location.

B. Pogo and Trumpet skeletons.

C. Copies of Jak 4 and Uncharted Temple Racing scattered on the floor.

D. Joel making some sarcastic comment like "I always was more of a Ratchet guy."

E. Eric, Arne, Wellsnbalestra, and all the other Naughty Dogs just going full-out Rambo gunning down clickers.


 

If anything, there needs to be a robot voiced by zod5000 or this easter egg will quickly go to waste.

 

It just wouldn't feel the same without zoddy returning... Smiley Sad

Message 8 of 16 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 01/04/2012
Offline
10262 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013
Maybe you run into a guy in a green french sweater and jeans getting attacked by a clicker in a red button down and brown khakis.

Helping the guy gets the trophy "Team Save" and letting him die gets the trophy "Treasure Hunted".
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 9 of 16 (338 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/07/2012
Offline
802 posts
 

Re: Easter Egg Idea for TLOU

Apr 11, 2013
Ok so you and Ellie are walking down a street while it's pouring rain. You come across a kitten that is hiding in a fallen trashcan. Ellie is like "Awe, how cute!" and proceeds to try to coax the cat into coming to her. It starts to come out of the trashcan but right as it's nearly out, it gets hit by the rain and quickly bolts back into hiding. Ellie is like "What heck happened?" Joel smugly replies "Kitty got wet"
Message 10 of 16 (331 Views)