Highlighted
Mar 14 2013
By: CaptainProduce67 Wastelander 685 posts

Elimination improvement suggestions?

8 replies 550 views Edited Mar 14, 2013

For the final kill, if a treasure is dropped, please make it so you automatically get the treasure.

I suppose this applies to any game mode but it's especially annoying in Elimination since there are so few kills in each match.

Message 1 of 9 (550 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3721 posts

Re: Elimination improvement suggestions?

Mar 14, 2013
Remove drop in drop out system from Elimination
Message 2 of 9 (547 Views)
Fender Bender
2413 posts

Mar 14, 2013
No power weapons.

Auto treasure pickups (this doesn't really matter to me since I have them all now, but it would be nice for others so it wouldn't ruin the gameplay).

Kickbacks turned off (making it to the fifth round and having me and my teammates be kickback spammed by parties using Quickboom and Hammer Time is not fun or competitive).
Pepsi
Message 3 of 9 (539 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

Mar 14, 2013

GET POWER WEAPONS OUT OF THERE!

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 4 of 9 (424 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Mar 14, 2013

no power weapons

add some kind of [minor] objective to make the rounds more interesting.

Maybe spin the rules a bit. Less rounds, but more lives per round. So for instance after three deaths a player is OUT for that round.
I like Elimination but it gets boring the second you die, and I'd imagine players with a lot less patience than me just drop out all the time.

Cutter
Message 5 of 9 (304 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
449 posts

Mar 14, 2013
I only played elimination for the trophy but I did surprisingly enjoy it, people dropping in and out makes it fairly pointless though, making the rounds shorter would help I reckon, too many times I found all the action happened in the first minute then you have three people hiding for the remaining two. I missed being able to watch my opponents after I died like in U2, it makes sense I just preferred it when you could watch your enmities tactics
Message 6 of 9 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Mar 14, 2013

forgot one more: remove the fact that when you die you can't hear your buddies on mic till the next round. That's essentially why I stopped playing this mode altogether. It breaks conversations, and imo for little gain, I hardly see the sense in including this...

Cutter
Message 7 of 9 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Mar 14, 2013

The mic suggestion is intriguing.  Honestly, that’s something I never really questioned because it made some sense to me to that you longer get to participate once you died – the penalty for not staying alive.

What about a further refinement…you can continue two-way communication after you die but only with your buddy, provided he/she is still alive?

Message 8 of 9 (227 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7079 posts

Mar 14, 2013

the mic cutoff is there to not give off an advantage. If you die, you can easily tell your teammates where the enemy was and even overall help them by cycling through your still alive teammates and help pinpoint where the enemies are. This makes it unfair since not everyone has a mic. This is actually one of the few choices I see as smart in Elimination.

If anything I would want longer rounds and to be able to see the enemies sooner than only at the 30,20,10 second marks.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 9 of 9 (217 Views)
0 Likes