Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jul 24 2013
By: mcgeehe First Son 12 posts
Accepted Solution

Existing Online Pass With Used Copy

[ Edited ]
3 replies 277 views Edited Jul 27, 2013

This thread was created in regards to using an existing online pass with a used copy of Uncharted 3, in my case I was going from retail vanilla edition to a used GOTY edition after have traded my original copy in.

See post below, the question was answered and covered perfectly!

I would think this applies to any game using an online pass...

Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Existing Online Pass With Used Copy

[ Edited ]
Jul 24, 2013

I believe it will.  I bought a second copy (GOTY) so I could game with my son and daughter on our other PS3.  I was able to use my online pass (downloaded again to our second system) from my original version to activate MP on our second system (where GOTY is installed).

What you have to be careful about is keeping track of what version you have installed.  For instance, the GOTY edition is installed on one system and I can use the standard edition disc to play on that system but I noticed that some of the DLC MP trophies on my second system weren't enabled.  So I only use the disc that corresponds to the version installed - otherwise, I'm afraid some of my trophy progress won't count in multiplayer.

One more thing...when I got the second copy (GOTY) and tried to use the included online pass code to activate...it didn't work.  I figured out that it was because I already had an online pass associated with my account (from the standard edition).  So I ended up with an extra pass code that I was able to give to a friend so they could try Uncharted.

I may not have explained well but bottom line...as long as the online pass is on the download for your account, I think you're good.

Message 2 of 4 (265 Views)
First Son
12 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 27, 2013

Awesome thanks for the reply, looks like I should be good to go. I set your reply as the solution.

Thanks for the heads up on using mutiple consoles or installs, luckily I shouldn't run into this as I recently upgradded my HDD to 1TB and there isn't any UC3 data on there, I'll just need to re-download my Online Pass before I play!

Message 3 of 4 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jul 29, 2013

You're very welcome.  Happy Gaming! :smileyhappy:

Message 4 of 4 (167 Views)
0 Likes