Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 06 2013
By: SCORPiON5150 Hekseville Citizen 295 posts

F2P The FINAL Nail in the Coffin for UC3!

12 replies 459 views Edited Mar 6, 2013

Actually wait a sec..... There were already nails in the coffin prior to F2P. F2P is more cement than nails. With F2P Naughty Dog really securing the coffin tight, never to be opened up again.

What am I talking about? It's very simple... F2P COMPLETELY destroyed the Multiplayer components of the game, if you are a long term fan & experienced player of the series. ND appears to have infinite poor decision making skills, as they have managed to further destroy a game that was already extremely painful for the player to endure. With unacceptable level of lag within the game itself's terrible net coding & so many broken elements & components that never got addressed, the game was pretty unenjoyable & frustrating to veteran Uncharted players already.

Now, after teasing all the long-term supporting fans with the promises of this phenominal 1.17 patch that ND assured everyone they were going to be so stoked about & love so much, we find out that the reality is that they were offering NOTHING to get excited about outside of some colors that should have been present since release day, & some platinum tournament items, which literally are IMPOSSIBLE to earn without physically purchasing tournament tickets (more fuel to ND's greed). They're giving the game away (sorta). That is supposed to be huge news to someone that bought the game on release day & is still playing it? I am supposed to be ultra excited about this? Sorry, but I am not. I am ultra disappointed instead. I feel like you got people hyped up over you ruining your game once again.

After the move to F2P the game is pretty much completely unplayable & unenjoyable. Anyone that has been playing the past week has surely experienced this, much more often than not. IF you are a high ranked veteran player (75/5th legacy) & not in a full party of 5, there's an extremely high likelihood that any green-badged uber-noob F2P players that happen to show up in the lobby are going to be balanced out onto your team. My experience has been that if you have 3 pros in a party for instance on 1 team & 1 uber noob going 2-11 (or often even worse) in a TDM, the 3 pros can likely carry the 1 guy going ultra negative, if the other team is of similiar skill. You get 2 guys going uber negative like that & you just lost the match almost for sure. & I'm talking solid veteran players trying to do the carrying.......

Now, take the vets out of the picture. You have a team of 3 ok/average players & 2 noobs going 2-11 or 3-13. Unless the other team has the exact same thing going on, you are going to lose the match for sure. You have just 1 guy going negative like that & 4 average players & it's still going to be a difficult fight. Put yourself into a full party. Consider fighting a team that has a couple good players, & 2 or 3 noobs going negative & running around the map all confused. How is that really fun? It's a noob slaughter fest that takes zero skill, & IMO gets boring very rapidly as it is not challenging at all.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot. Say you are the noob that comes on the game to check it out the 1st time, & you enter the game side by side with a couple other noobs that have no clue on your team to face a full party of veteran lvl 50+ 5th legacy players. They are going to snuff you out, quickly every time & you won't have a heck of a lot of fun. I have only been in a couple of matches the past week where MULTIPLE F2P noobs weren't causing lopsided win/loss streaks.

I've tried to look @ this situation from all angles I can think of & I can't seem to wrap my mind around how this was such a great idea for ND to do. Perhaps in the future ND should stop with the greedy tactics & run some dedicated servers, so that LAG would not be a concern in regards to the longevity of their online games' playability. I feel that ND went F2P with this game for 2 reasons. #1 greed. More sales. More DLC. More unlocks. More $$$. #2 would be to increase the player pool. Unfortunately they are increasing the player pool with players that are not fit to be playing the same matches with the UC veterans.

EPIC FAIL, ND. But what else is new? Some things never change & history does often repeat itself, around here.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 13 (459 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Re: F2P The FINAL Nail in the Coffin for UC3!

Mar 6, 2013

Your entitled to your opinion but I'm actually loving 1.17 and the F2P system.  1.17 and F2P brought me back to UC3.  Well that and a busted ankle from basketball. LOL

I get into games quicker and can get into Classic mode (the mode I play 95% of the time).  I haven't experienced that many laggers and especially haven't experienced it to a point where I want to throw my controller across the room and smash it to bits.

Teams have been pretty balanced.  Yes if you are high level and not playing in a party you are more than likely to get low level players on your team.  What do you want?  All the low level players to go on one team and all the high ranking players on another?  How fun is that going to be?  I guess you want everything to come easy and enjoy not having a challenge.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 13 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
295 posts

Mar 6, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

Teams have been pretty balanced.  Yes if you are high level and not playing in a party you are more than likely to get low level players on your team.  What do you want?  All the low level players to go on one team and all the high ranking players on another?  How fun is that going to be?  I guess you want everything to come easy and enjoy not having a challenge.

Did you even read my post before you replied??? I'm not sure where you get the idea that I want ANYTHING AT ALL to come easy, or enjoy not having a challenge, as that is specifically what I said I am concerned about here's a quote of myself:

"Consider fighting a team that has a couple good players, & 2 or 3 noobs going negative & running around the map all confused. How is that really fun? It's a noob slaughter fest that takes zero skill, & IMO gets boring very rapidly as it is not challenging at all."

You are actually the person that is saying you have been playing more & that the F2P specifically is what brought you back to the game. All that means specifically is that YOU are enjoying the new lack of challenge - because the only realistic change that F2P brought to the game is lowering the standard of skill down by several notches all across the board on all competitive modes. It is kind of silly for you to attempt to attack my character if that is the soap box that you are standing on, sir.

What I want is for the game to be balanced..... The game that I payed full price for on day 1, bought all the DLC for & continue to support further by even having this discussion. Since there is a massive influx of players on the F2P side, that means they should be properly matckmaked against EACH OTHER & not thrown to the wolves (me), in the middle of a match surrounded by high ranked veteran players from either side. There is no benefit from any angle that I can see for ND to be matchmaking uber noobs with uber veterans - except to inflate vets KDRs & egos. It's ridiculous.

Whichever side has more noobs now likely takes a loss, pretty plain & simple. As a vet, I don't want to smash noobs (boring/not challenging), & as a noob I wouldn't want to be smashed by high ranks with better equipment & hundreds of hours into the game (unfair, unbalanced, & not fun).

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 13 (371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I actually didn't read your whole post.

Let me put it this way:

-  No F2P means less new players joining UC3.  Which means smaller player pools, which means LONG wait times and theretically more lag because of smaller player pools (not sure about that one though).  A few months ago, wait times to get into Classic mode could easily take up to a half hour to get into a match, that is if you could get into one at all.  Now because patch 1.17 and F2P has brought new players in and also has brought back some old players (at least for now)  I can get into Classic mode games, usually within 2-3 minutes.  Hopefully this is the case moving forward.

- There probably isn't enough low level players playing the game at any point in time, especially since there are so many playlists, to bundle all the low level players together in a match and separate all the high level players in their own match.  This is especially true for non-TDM and Plunder games, like Classic where 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 is quite common because there the player pool is too small.

-  If you bundle all the high level players together, we are going to be where we were before the patch.  Lots of complaining of laggers and small player pools.

- Embrace the new players, even if they are on your team.  Embrace the challenge of having to play with them AND making up for all their deaths.  Yeah it sucks, but fresh blood is great for the game.  Since there is an influx of new blood, I've actually taken the time to welcome players AND even give them tips on how to play better.

- I've seen a lot of switched accounts created because a lot of these "low level" players have KDRs of 2+ which is highly unlikely given that there are so many veteran high level players around who would prevent that from happening given this game is 2 years old.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 13 (341 Views)
Sackboy
391 posts

Mar 6, 2013
I read your post and sort of understand where you are coming from but I think you have to give F2P a bit of time to settle down before you can really judge it's pros and cons. I welcome it really, before 1.17 the game was getting laggier by the day, and just generally stale. Since the patch I've been playing FFA almost exclusively, most matches you get 3 or four experienced players, and the rest F2P, I kinda like this as its a different kind of game. Also when you get a laggy newbie you can still kill them hooray.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 13 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
391 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Sorry @scorpion5150
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 13 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2178 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Beelzebean wrote:
I read your post and sort of understand where you are coming from but I think you have to give F2P a bit of time to settle down before you can really judge it's pros and cons. I welcome it really, before 1.17 the game was getting laggier by the day, and just generally stale. Since the patch I've been playing FFA almost exclusively, most matches you get 3 or four experienced players, and the rest F2P, I kinda like this as its a different kind of game. Also when you get a laggy newbie you can still kill them hooray.

I was gonna say the same thing, We cant exactly say Its a failure since there have been "over 100,000" downloads of F2P. We have to wait and see if the rest of the PSN like Uncharted 3 before making assumptions.

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 13 (325 Views)
PlayStation MVP
18444 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Just because people are losing doesn't mean that this game is dying. Not by a long shot.
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 13 (323 Views)
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Mar 6, 2013

My experience is quite positive after 1:17.
I have managed matches quickly.
I have met many F2Ps.
Yes, the LAG decreased.
The addition of the color palette was something very welcome.
I never saw the dead body glitch since .17
The option to choose between two block mesh maps also pleases me.
To tell you the truth, if at least the blind fire was nerfed, I'd be well pleased.

Unlike many on this forum, I have fun playing U3 =)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 13 (294 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3632 posts

Mar 6, 2013
F2P didn't kill U3. Poor netcode did. Well, that and Crysis 3. I tried to play U3 this afternoon and it's just so frustrating. Laggy double healthers infuriate me. I'm down to $130k needed to hit 75 5th legacy. But I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. C3 is way too fun to step away from (I'm not even good yet). Its sad that a game with 400-700 players o.line has less lag than U3 (which we all have to assume has more). Yeah it's not perfect and its got some bugs, but nothing as consistently bad as Uncharted 3. TR MP looks dumb btw.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 13 (270 Views)
0 Likes