May 14 2013
By: xINESCAPABLEx Uncharted Territory 1532 posts

FAL-SS Tips 2.0

[ Edited ]
38 replies 426 views Edited May 15, 2013

My original FAL tips were posted 2 weeks ago and haven't had a reply since and I'm not sure if I post on it, it will be considered necrobumping so I may as well just start a new one.

Anyway I've been experimenting different tactics and my entire Point of View has changed.

• Accuracy is definitely not needed! At first I believed that accuracy helped when really it makes the gun completely useless!I suggest using Eddy's FAL as you have plenty of ammo and it looks awesome c:

• Fleet Foot? Uh yes! I've found that strafing while scoped in actually reduces the recoilso by strafing it will be harder to get killed and you will be able to aim more accurately.

• Believe it or not, at first it's not good to shoot as fast as you can. If you shoot the FAL as fast as you can from beginning to end then the gun will jam. For the first two shots, shoot normally and then shoot as fast as you can. If you shoot the first two quickly then the gun will jam for that split second leaving you wide open.

• While the FAL is a good gun, going against 3 or more people is impossible. I've seen some people survive against 3 people with an assault rifle but with the FAL it's very difficult. You can take two people with ease if you use Fleet Foot, move a lot and be very accurate. You can probably survive with minimum health.

For some who didn't see the original thread, here are some old tips:

• Some people believe that it's not too bad to blindfire but in my eyes it's useless so don't do it.

• If you're the kind to run out of ammo. Use Daredevil. You can go through half your bullets in 3 kills if you're like me so using Ammo Award won't suffice.

• While it's not too bad at long range, I wouldn't recommend it. Have a Para with an accuracy mod on it so then you can get those far away people as quickly as possible.

These techniques helped me a lot and they can easily help you. For a kickback I'd suggest Sniper or RPG. If you can control the sniper's pain wobble then go ahead but if you can't then use the RPG. Good for taking out those tag teamers who are almost about to kill you. Try practicing this in Plunder where people aren't that much focused on you as they are on the treasure.

Good luck and happy fal'ing c:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT

Someone pointed out something which I explained but not thoroughly enough. In one confrontation you only need to shoot two normal shoots. As long as you don't stop shooting you can shoot as fast as you want. I forgot who said this but thanks anyway!

Bang Bang! #SniperQueen

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 39 (426 Views)
Wastelander
690 posts

Re: FAL-SS Tips 2.0

May 14, 2013
Good tips for those getting used to the FAL, but I gotta say a couple of things.

Strafing doesn't reduce recoil. Rather, it gives you stronger aim assist. You can test this out with a second controller or a buddy. While standing still (or sit in cover), move your aim across an enemy. Now start strafing while aiming at the enemy. You'll notice the aim assist tries to help you out there.

Another thing is that, while nearly useless, the FAL's blindfire accuracy jumps up if you shoot while jumping. It seems there's a bit of a lock in that case, like how the Sawn Off had rediculous jumping lock before it was patched. The FAL's jump lock isn't that good, but it could save your bacon occasionally if you get surprised. Same goes for the G-MAL by my experience.

It seems to be personal preference for how you do long distance. You recommend using a Para (which is valid to me, I love sniping with my pistol), but it could be bad for those who aren't that accurate. Pistols have little to no aim assist, and that can make long distance difficult for most. The FAL and the G-MAL retain some assist at long distance (not so much extreme long distance, like across Yemen towers) and that alone can ensure damage if not a kill.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 39 (399 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1024 posts

May 14, 2013
I don't use the Fal much.

But, 2 weeks wouldn't be a necrobump. And even if your thread was a year old, it's different when the OP bumps it. A lot of threads have good, searchable info in them. Sometimes the OP decides to update them down the road. Or, an OP will want a status update from others regarding the topic of a thread they made a while back, so they will bump it. That is fine, too.

What's not ok, is when some random person bumps a really old thread with a useless comment. Either bc they are ignorant and don't pay attention, or bc they think they're a clever troll.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 39 (374 Views)
First Son
9 posts

May 14, 2013

*gives kudos*  ^-^

Have yet to play my first competitive match since I play co-op only right now. I found it rather useful in this mode for it takes just three shots to KO a regular pirate, but sadly, it seems to appear only in DLC maps. Using the scope also helps in the right situations. For armored enemies, I prefer using weapons with a greater rate of fire, like AK-47, to quickly rid of their helmets. And, yes, Fal-SS blindfire is terrrible. ^-^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The mind shall vanquish the sword"

- Sima Yi (Zhongda)

^-^
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 39 (360 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1239 posts

May 14, 2013

Thanks OP,  I'll have to test out your tips.  I'm a FAL noob even though I rush for it in Classic mode a lot.

I'm curious to see how the "first two shots" then rapid fire tip works.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 39 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

May 14, 2013

Jumping + blindfiring away from your opponent works pretty good with Lazarevic's Fal-SS, of course it's inferior compared to the automatics blindfire effectiveness but it does work better than most people think.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 39 (350 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

May 14, 2013

back in the first days of u3 i could take on an entire team with the fal now i dont like it .. but anyways keep up the good work :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 39 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2135 posts

May 14, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
I don't use the Fal much.

But, 2 weeks wouldn't be a necrobump. And even if your thread was a year old, it's different when the OP bumps it. A lot of threads have good, searchable info in them. Sometimes the OP decides to update them down the road. Or, an OP will want a status update from others regarding the topic of a thread they made a while back, so they will bump it. That is fine, too.

What's not ok, is when some random person bumps a really old thread with a useless comment. Either bc they are ignorant and don't pay attention, or bc they think they're a clever troll.

it's not always ok for the OP to bump their own threads, but in this case it would have been, i agree, since more info was added, i believe necrobumping only comes into play when a certain time has passed without any on-topic posts and the thread was bumped without any logical reason (discussion was finished, no new info was added, etc...)

i plan to bump my Block Mesh Map Thread once they feel like releasing some more BMMs even though it's been a month or so since someone has posted in it, it would be good to re-open the thread to allow people to discuss the new BMM (even though not too many were commenting on the recent BMMs other than the dodgeball map) i will also add additional information to the Orginal Post (such as the link to the blog post, a gameplay video of the map, updating calendar (if possible), etc... if i can remember correctly i promised nanashi first dibs on making the video, but if he can't, it's up for grabs for anyone who wants to promote their channel (just read the requirements i made in order for me to include your video))

back on topic, thanks for the tips, inescapable, +1 kudo

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 39 (327 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

May 14, 2013

I am highly experienced with the FAL, and there are 3 ways of using it,

1st is the Fleet foot way, this path is most common

i use the scoped in path, i get no pain wobble so i can concentrate on getting every shot on target to stop the M9 Robots from FFing you with their poor accuracy

or use cloaked n flank around and use guerrilla warfare, especially good on clans of 5 with mics, it's funny to hear them rage but for this i prefer the AK-47, since it's been the guerrilla weapon of choice for over 60 years

to counter the FAL's fast depletion of ammo avoid stat hat especially the -5% rof, it jams the FAL

daredevil can be good but only if you are not being dominated, if you are to use daredevil with FAL, use a fast taunt, but avoid pump n thrust since you will get 5 of them after you, kiss is a better option

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 39 (317 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1024 posts

May 14, 2013
@canadian

Yeah that's why I tried to specify that certain occasions would warrant a bump. Either relevant info added/requested etc.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 39 (308 Views)
0 Likes