Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 28 2012
By: X-Offender Lombax Warrior 131 posts

FB Map Pack 2 won't work!

9 replies 206 views Edited Nov 28, 2012

OK, I just bought FB Map Pack 2, downloaded and installed it. Then I went to Custom Game in order to explore the maps, but I get the message that in order to play them I have to frigging buy them??? What the hell? Isn't that what I just did? I did re-download and re-install the whole thing, but the problem's still there. Someone please tell me if there's a solution to this mess. I don't wanna waste $12 down the drain. :smileysad:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 1 of 10 (206 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1036 posts

Re: FB Map Pack 2 won't work!

Nov 28, 2012

Hmm. Did you double check that the map you're trying to play is part of FBMP2? It might be part of Flashback 1.

Second, try going into a mode with DLC on and see if you can find a game with DLC.

If neither work, check back here and update me.

I do gameplay/commentary, help me out and subscribe! Click my siggy to get to my channel!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't really play Uncharted 3 much anymore... :smileysad:
Message 2 of 10 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Crimsonine wrote:

Hmm. Did you double check that the map you're trying to play is part of FBMP2? It might be part of Flashback 1.

Second, try going into a mode with DLC on and see if you can find a game with DLC.

If neither work, check back here and update me.

No, I tried the FB #2 maps, like Village, Plaza etc. and they didn't work. Also, I tried the second option you suggested and I kept getting default maps, since ND has put priority to the FB #2 maps for this week. I also tried deleting the add-on under Game Data Utility, re-download it from the store and then re-install it, but I still keep getting the same message.

Any other tips, please? I'm desperate. :smileysad:

Message 3 of 10 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 28, 2012

OK, here's another thing I just noticed. The FB Map Pack I just purchased appears under Game Data Utility as DLC Map Pack 3. I already have FB Map Pack #1 and Drake's Deception Map Pack, but they don't appear under game Data Ultility as separate files. In fact, they don't appear there at all. You think there might be something wrong with the installation?

Message 4 of 10 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18768 posts

Nov 28, 2012
Did you try playing them after exiting the game and reloading it?
Message 5 of 10 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Yes, I did, but I think I got what the problem is here. I have two accounts on my PS3, one registered under the Italian PS store, and one under the US PS store. I usually play Uncharted on my "Italian" account, and I've downloaded the other two DLC map packs, which they work fine, from the Italian PS Store. They even work on my "US" account. However, this time around I downloaded the FB #1 DLC from the US PS store. Therefore, I think there must be some kind of conflict between two DLC entities downloaded from different PS stores, and thus the newly DLC I downloaded today simply won't install properly, or something along those lines. It's a bit complicated, but it makes sense. I thought that if I downloaded the DLC from the US store I could play it on either account, but I didn't think such thing wouldn't be possible due to the other two DLC map packs that I downloaded previously from the Italian PS store.

Message 6 of 10 (153 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
18768 posts

Nov 28, 2012

X-Offender wrote:

Yes, I did, but I think I got what the problem is here. I have two accounts on my PS3, one registered under the Italian PS store, and one under the US PS store. I usually play Uncharted on my "Italian" account, and I've downloaded the other two DLC map packs, which they work fine, from the Italian PS Store. They even work on my "US" account. However, this time around I downloaded the FB #1 DLC from the US PS store. Therefore, I think there must be some kind of conflict between two DLC entities downloaded from different PS stores, and thus the newly DLC I downloaded today simply won't install properly, or something along those lines. It's a bit complicated, but it makes sense. I thought that if I downloaded the DLC from the US store I could play it on either account, but I didn't think such thing wouldn't be possible due to the other two DLC map packs that I downloaded previously from the Italian PS store.

That was actually going to be my next question: did you get it from an incompatible store?

For some reason, I didn't ask it before. :smileyindifferent:

Well... I suggest rebuying it from the Italian Store if you're desparate to play those maps.

Message 7 of 10 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 28, 2012

Da_Almighty_Guy wrote:

X-Offender wrote:

That was actually going to be my next question: did you get it from an incompatible store?

For some reason, I didn't ask it before. :smileyindifferent:

Well... I suggest rebuying it from the Italian Store if you're desparate to play those maps.

Hehe, yeah. I thought that since I could play my previously installed DLC maps on both accounts, the same logic would apply if I purchased FB #2 from the US store. But it looks like that's not the case. Bummer. :smileysad: 

Message 8 of 10 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Nov 28, 2012

DLCs are region locked. US DLC can only work with US discs.

There are a few exceptions (ND AK + Para), but that's how it works for the most part.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 9 of 10 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4345 posts

Nov 29, 2012

I didn't know there was a Facebook map pack :smileyindifferent:

Message 10 of 10 (90 Views)
0 Likes