Match C: Team 3CK! vs. Team DotD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XsP_EZMYHM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBzEAbmpQ64

Match D: Team Hi-5 vs. Team pToR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEmabb9Ammg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ_CXMvzF1M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcXP9DE77FA

This is a thing that is happening!

A Rebirth & Reinvention of the game type.

Please get hype!

Co-op Hunter Arena Tournament

for prizes and fun.

The Original Trailer

_____

Introduction
_____

Welcome to the first ever Hunter Arena Tournament! The tournament will consist of however many teams end up joining in a single elimination bracket style competition. Players will be competing for prizes and above all else supporting a much forgotten but important game mode, with a new spin: Power goes to the villains. Most people rage quit in online matchmaking matches as villains so with this hand crafted rule set, we'll be giving more of an edge against our beloved but OP heroes. The Rules are as follows*

* = rules are subject to changes and amendments as this post will regularly be updated.

And if there is anything you feel has not been addressed, any issue with the rules or known issue with Hunter Arena itself, that would impact this tournament, please leave a comment. I am prepared to address all concerns.

_____

Game Settings
_____

_____

HEROES
_____

•  No Boosters allowed.
  •  No Weapon Mods allowed.
  •  No Kickbacks allowed.
  •  No Stat Hats allowed.

_____

Hunters
_____

Thus far, everything is fair game; All loadouts are legal.

_____

Maps
_____

The following maps are banned from this tournament: Highrise, Desert Village, Yemen and Airstrip.

_____

Mics
_____

If you are going to play with Mics, please make sure to mute your opponents BEFORE you start the match. Be aware of this because muting while in game can be very obnoxious and even problematic.

And yes, you want to mute your opponents since voice chat is enabled by proximity, giving away your position.

_____

Tournament Stuff
_____

_____

Requirements
_____

It is necessary that at least one team member of each participating team will record each game they play using some HD recording devices.

This will then be uploaded to YouTube and submitted by posting in this thread or sending the video in a Private Message to Nanashi707 or Shadowlibraboy.

_____

Match Protocol
_____

At some point one member of both teams will need to meet with me in party for a coin toss. This can be any time before the scheduled match date/time.

The coin toss will decide the following:

Winning team starts as Hunter.

Losing team picks map.

So for example Team A's captain calls heads, and heads comes up so Team A will start off the match as Hunters (RED in the custom game Lobby) and Team B will decide the map.

This will rotate for the next two games.

1 Match will be best 2 out of 3 games takes the match.

So now, for the second game, Team B will get to start as Hunters (RED in the custom game lobby) and Team A will choose the map.

You can't choose the same map as any of the previous rounds.

_____

Match Scheduling
_____

After you find out who your team will be facing in the bracket (will be posted ASAP) please contact the team captain ASAP. Either through PSN or the Community Forums, and arrange a date and time that best works for you.

After you have scheduled your match, please send me a message and tell me what time and day your teams have settled on.

Please don't be late!

_____

Brackets
_____

_____

Reporting
_____

Matches must be uploaded and submitted within 24 hours of the arranged match time*

They must be posted to YouTube and in HD (makes sure to check that you can post videos longer than 10 - 20 minutes on your account BEFORE you enter this tournament)

Matches will be reviewed for adherence to the rules and scoring and whatnot.

* I can make an exception but this way is preferred. 

_____

Grounds for Disqualifications
_____

Disqualifications resulting in a 1 game Loss:

•  Heroes using a booster, weapon mod, kickback or stat hat.
  • [NEW 03/26/2013] Disconnect: in the event of a dc, whoever leaves the match (either first or is the only one affected) loses that game. This is a really tough call to make, but there's already a lot that has to be accomodated for in this tournament so I cannot be too lenient on this one. The ONLY other option is if the opponents of the disconnectee are willing to forgive and restart the game. If they grant this permission, by all means restart the game.

Disqualifications resulting in a total match Loss:

•  Any type of voluntary glitching.
  •  No show/MIA during scheduled match time. You will be granted 15 minutes before the DQ is called.

-

None of these are asking for too much. Only fair play.

_____

Tie Breakers
_____

In the event of a TIE (the third and final round ends with a "tie" and each team has won one game already) you will be required to play two more games. Each team beings as Heroes ONCE and the host ends the game after the first in game round. By the end of these two Tie Breaker rounds, the team that scored to most idols wins.

Lastly, the team that started as Villains/Hunters in the VERY FIRST round of the matchup will begin the first tie breaker round as Heroes. So whoever won the Coin Toss, will now begin the tie breaker as Heroes.

For the finals, there will be a more thorough tie breaking process.

_____

Prizes
_____

Prizes are as follows:

First Place = $20 card for each teamate

Second Place = $10 card for each teamate.

* Payouts are in

Playstation Network Cards.

_____

Registration
_____

Registration Status: FINISHED

The Tournament will start in roughly two to three weeks, depending on SLEAZE's Gold Rush tournament. You have until (tentatively) March 23rd to register. Don't wait up.

If you want to register and you have met the requirements, post in this thread or send me a PM with the following information:

• Your Team Name
  •  Both members and, if any, subs.
  •  Which member will be recording/the Captain.
  • The youtube channel you will be posting to (just in case)

_____

Tips/Advice & Strategies
_____

Heroes:

• Do not seperate from one another. You will do best to stick close and continue reviving each other.

• The best time to capture idols is right at the begining of the round. Towards the end of your second round as heroes it will be much much more difficult to capture even one because of the high amount of enemy NPCs all over the map, as well as the likelieness your opponents have already leveled up to shotgun Hunters.

• The most basic and probably efficient strategy is to have one Hero carrying/capping the idols while the other follows and maintains a constant lookout for your opponents as well as NPCs that will get in the way of the idol carrier.
  • It is also advised that you avoid wasting ammo on NPCs and ignore them if neither you or your teamate are carrying an idol.
  • Lookout for the villains that sprint, those are the non NPCs.
  •  The best weapon against a Hunter is the sawed off shotgun. 1HK from close range. Next would be RPG 1HK for mid range and lastly a T-bolt for the longer range 1HK.

Hunters:

• Just like in pubs, stealth kills are your most powerful tool against a hero. You want to stalk your opponent and snap their back to get some medals.Wait till their backs are turned to you, preferably when they've split up.
  • Even though Heroes do not have Boosters/Mods/Kickbacks they are still more powerful than you and a head up 1v1 should be avoided at all costs. They have 3/2 the health of you AND can revive each other. Not to mention they might be carrying a power weapon.

• Best Hunter loadouts include: G-mal (1 Medal), the sawed off/no armor (2 medals), the Sniper (3 medals) and ultimately the armored sawed off (7 medals).

_____

Debriefing
_____

I want to thank everyone for all the support for this tournament. Please play fair, we all want to have a good time, and know that you're helping out this game mode a lot by participating. I wish you the best of luck, Heroes and Hunters!

-Nanashi

lastly this is a requirement:

Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC is not responsible for this promotion.

Registered Teams:

1. Team 3CK!

Team Name: 3CK!
Team Members: Orochidude and MR-o-RAGER

(No subs at the moment)
Person Recording: MR-o-RAGER
YouTube Channel: Orochidude's
https://www.youtube.com/user/MasterOfBasara

2. Team Hi-5

Team Name: Hi-5
Team Members: Shadowlibraboy and Squishymuffinz

Subs: Crimsonine
Person Recording: Shadowlibraboy
YouTube Channel: Clan Account

http://www.youtube.com/user/Hi5UnchartedClan

3. Team RoR!

Team Name: Revenge on Revenge!
Team Members: Ghost2yhoo and PhyscoSingh
Person Recording: Ghost's
YouTube Channel: 

http://www.youtube.com/user/ghost2yhoo

4. Team pToR

Team Name: Predator
  Team Members: ShoutyRaymondo and Buster1803

Person Recording: ShoutyRaymondo

YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ShoutyRaymondo

5. Team DotD

Team Name: Dreamers of the Day
  Team Members: LASBASNAS and adamzombie123

Subs: none

Person Recording: LASBASNAS

YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LasBasNas

6. Team WaR+

Team Name: War Positive
  Team Members: Redouanfaka and SLEAZE_IT_UP

Person Recording: SLEAZE

YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/SLEAZEVISION

7. Team SRK3

Team Name: Shrek
  Team Members: DeFy_Petey and Nanashi707

Person Recording: Pete

YouTube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/theanimecrave

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 170 (1,582 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5843 posts

Re: Is there enough Demand for a Hunter-Arena Tournament?>

Feb 13, 2013

I only know a total of 2 people who thoroughly enjoy hunter. Me, My friend.

Since like 80% of people play it for treasures, 15% are noobs trying it out, and 5% are people actually playing for fun, might be hard to setup a tournament.

Although one of the bigger problems is ragequitting during the match, I think tournament goers would not really want to quit out and you won't have to worry to much on host migration. Although I'm not too sure how you will monitor the match or something.

Could work maybe... but I won't get my hopes up.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 170 (1,573 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 13, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

I only know a total of 2 people who thoroughly enjoy hunter. Me, My friend.

Since like 80% of people play it for treasures, 15% are noobs trying it out, and 5% are people actually playing for fun, might be hard to setup a tournament.

Although one of the bigger problems is ragequitting during the match, I think tournament goers would not really want to quit out and you won't have to worry to much on host migration. Although I'm not too sure how you will monitor the match or something.

Could work maybe... but I won't get my hopes up.

I'm a man of the 5% :smileywink:

It'd all be custom games like any competitive event and since people voluntarily participate in a tournament that would eliminate RQ, for the most part.

The recording is the tough part. I was thinking one player for every team of two (plus subs if we're lucky) has to have a means of recording the match (namely HD recording equipment). Both teams would then have to upload recordings of the same matches they played against each other to YouTube (a little redundant I know but it would give multiple perspectives) which would then be viewed and used to update a bracket. The bracket would be single elimination, no losers bracket and the whole thing would take a few weeks to go down.

The hardest part really is the recording part because not everyone has a way to do it. Oh and getting enough people.

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 170 (1,570 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Feb 13, 2013
good luck buddy. Should gonna work completely.

i would like, but i am too busy. I should connect only for Sleaze tournament. But if by miracle i have some time, i would love to join. But dont put my name right now.. i am at 25 % sure if i can

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 170 (1,565 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 13, 2013

thanks bunshing, but I'm not even putting names yet. Just scoping out the potential so far :smileyhappy:

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 170 (1,562 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Feb 13, 2013

I'm not a fan of it because of the quitting and the uselessness of the villains. I know the heroes are supposed to be stronger but COME ON they are just target practice and treasure droppers.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 170 (1,552 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Well quitting wouldn't be an issue. And yes the deck is stacked ridiculously against the villians at first, but with strategy that can be overcome.

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 170 (1,548 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2215 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

Well quitting wouldn't be an issue. And yes the deck is stacked ridiculously against the villians at first, but with strategy that can be overcome.

Against noobs it's OK. But when playing against anyone that is knowing what he's doing it's horrible. Luckyly there is a suicide button so I can avoid unluckies by suiciding at 4 deaths. I don't mind unluckies but I don't want them from this mode where it's almost impossible not to take one. One of my friends is one of the best players I know and he took 4 unluckies in 1 match from it...

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 170 (1,538 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1494 posts

Feb 13, 2013
we dont care about unluckies, seriously

honestly, who look at this? going on ND.com to know how much your worst ennemy have unluckies.. lol

Uncharted 3 Co-op Certification Center: Uncharted.VarHyid.com
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 170 (1,533 Views)
Sackboy
499 posts

Feb 13, 2013

Team work is the key. lmao Yeah I don't think Unluckies are such a big deal but you certainly can rack them up. But this supremacy struggle makes Hunter Arena one of the most competitive things I've ever played. All it takes is one idol capture/kickback or one medal (villains) to shift the balance in your favor.

Cutter
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 170 (1,532 Views)
0 Likes