Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: 1 TEAM NEEDED (MAYBE) - REBIRTH - HUNTER ARENA COOP TOURNAMENT

Mar 25, 2013

UPDATE: 

FINALLY! 

I have ready everything in this thread and feel caught up! 

How soon can we schedule our match?  I will need to lean on others here as I am getting ABSOLUTELY SLAMMED with handling my own event.  I want to participate in this event and would like to do it as soon as possible.  Now that Round 1 is basically over in my Tourney, I can carve what LITTLE time I do have to try to get our first match in! 

Red, and to whomever our opponent is, and/or the Tourney Director, what kind of time zones am I facing?  I'm in the WORST spot GEOGRAPHICALLY as I'm out in San Francisco and usually am either WAY AHEAD of others or WAY BEHIND.  LOL! 

When will we play?

Have teams practiced for this prior to playing their first offical match?  Is there a way to scrimmage agains other teams (maybe those that have already been eliminated, or some kind folks off the street)? 

Are teams selecting maps and sending those to the Tourney Director, prior to Match 1? 

What happens in the event of a Disconnect by any, one, or all players?  (Meaning a match as offically sarted, everyone is kicked back to the lobby after the match had been started and points/a score had been established?  What then? 

Split screen is a NO-NO in my opinion.  Too easy to watch and gain EXTRA info from studying your partner's screen. 

@Nanashi707, the vid in post # 77 of this thread WAS REALLY COOL!  Well done!  I like the use of the in game menues, like checking off the boosters to disable them.  The cut to live action was great too, after the start!   And effects like the OUT OF FOCUS background, while text was on screen, near the end of the vid, was fantastic!  Nice production, cousin! 

Off to work.  I will check back at this post later to see if there are any updates.  Best way to notify me is via AliMakaveli's UC3 CO-OP FACEBOOK GROUP HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2FUnchartedCoopCommun...

You must have a FB account to log in and view this page. 

Also, @TOURNEY DIRECTOR:  Is this considered more of a CO-OP or COMP tourney?  Will updates be provided in the GENERAL UC3 FB group, or in Ali's Co-Op group, or both?  Just wondering! 

Okay.  So sorry I have held you folks up.  You just shoulda got someone else.  Despite this, we're gonna make this work, and we can try to schedule a match for this Fri, Sat, or Sun.  The 29th, 30th and 31st.

Peace.

SLEAZE

Message 141 of 170 (332 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Re: RD1 in PROGRESS- REBIRTH - HUNTER ARENA COOP TOURNAMENT

[ Edited ]
Mar 26, 2013

SLEAZE_IT_UP wrote:

UPDATE: 

FINALLY! 

I have ready everything in this thread and feel caught up! 

How soon can we schedule our match?  I will need to lean on others here as I am getting ABSOLUTELY SLAMMED with handling my own event.  I want to participate in this event and would like to do it as soon as possible.  Now that Round 1 is basically over in my Tourney, I can carve what LITTLE time I do have to try to get our first match in! 

We're still waiting on your opponents but as soon as they get their teamate all of you guys have to negotiate the appropriate date/time for the match, either through PSN, or what have you. We're waiting on Pete's teamate, but he will be participating that has been confirmed on Skype.

Red, and to whomever our opponent is, and/or the Tourney Director, what kind of time zones am I facing?  I'm in the WORST spot GEOGRAPHICALLY as I'm out in San Francisco and usually am either WAY AHEAD of others or WAY BEHIND.  LOL! 

It's not so bad, you're looking at a US time zone for sure. DeFy players are always on when I am.

When will we play?

Have teams practiced for this prior to playing their first offical match?  Is there a way to scrimmage agains other teams (maybe those that have already been eliminated, or some kind folks off the street)? 

A little bit, but no team that I am aware of has had extensive practicing. I played against 3CK! before their match a few times and I have a feeling they practiced too. Surely you can contact anyone who has been eliminated and ask for some scrims. I can also provide some scrims myself, provided we're both on at the same time. Last resort, though it's not recommended is pubs. But again, you have plenty of options before that. Pubs would be terrible practice, I'd only suggest it if one has never played the game type before.

Are teams selecting maps and sending those to the Tourney Director, prior to Match 1? 

No that's all decided amongst the teams in lobby before the match starts.

What happens in the event of a Disconnect by any, one, or all players?  (Meaning a match as offically sarted, everyone is kicked back to the lobby after the match had been started and points/a score had been established?  What then? 

Quoted from youtube:

"

I actually wanted to ask you about this Nanashi, what do both teams do in the case of a "lag out". This happens to me a LOT, if I'm not host, and lag out, what do I do? And what does the host do if he lags out, restart the match with a different leader?

"

"

It's a really tough call, but I'm going to have to say whoever lags out, forfeits that game. Sorry but I've been on the wrong side of this too once or twice =/ And yeah, afterwards, new host pronto!

"

btw thanks for asking, I've been meaning to add that one to the OP but it slipped the nogin.

Split screen is a NO-NO in my opinion.  Too easy to watch and gain EXTRA info from studying your partner's screen. 

@Nanashi707, the vid in post # 77 of this thread WAS REALLY COOL!  Well done!  I like the use of the in game menues, like checking off the boosters to disable them.  The cut to live action was great too, after the start!   And effects like the OUT OF FOCUS background, while text was on screen, near the end of the vid, was fantastic!  Nice production, cousin! 

Thanks SLEAZE! I had a blast making it!

Off to work.  I will check back at this post later to see if there are any updates.  Best way to notify me is via AliMakaveli's UC3 CO-OP FACEBOOK GROUP HERE:

https://www.facebook.com/login.php?next=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fgroups%2FUnchartedCoopCommun...

You must have a FB account to log in and view this page. 

Also, @TOURNEY DIRECTOR:  Is this considered more of a CO-OP or COMP tourney?  Will updates be provided in the GENERAL UC3 FB group, or in Ali's Co-Op group, or both?  Just wondering! 

I believe it is considered more of a CO-OP tournament, so updates would and have been posted in Ali's group. Also ND recognizes it that way apparently as this tournament is listed under "CO-OP Corner" in the side tab on these forums.

Okay.  So sorry I have held you folks up.  You just shoulda got someone else.  Despite this, we're gonna make this work, and we can try to schedule a match for this Fri, Sat, or Sun.  The 29th, 30th and 31st.

Dude it's no trouble. Again we were waiting on Pete too and that's also fine. As long as I didn't have to hand out another bye it's all good. I'm just glad to see that Round 1 will finally see a conclusion.

Peace.

SLEAZE

Cutter
Message 142 of 170 (307 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

Okay.  Is it my understanding that we are still wating for Pete's team to close out Round 1?  I think that's right.

Anyhow.  On vacation, just beginning work stuff on my own tourney for Round 2 and the Championship Round, but also think it's best that when we are set with the players for your tourney, that we just schedule something and I'll make sure I'm there. 

Lemme know!  Thanks! 

SLEAZE! 

PS.  Also - If we need a player, or a team, lemme know.  Might be able to help in that department if called upon. 

Message 143 of 170 (275 Views)
Wastelander
521 posts

Apr 2, 2013

Yup. It's all up to Pete! lmao

If you could just shoot him a FR or a message on his PSN DeFy_Petey He's only inquired with DeFy members, but for the sake of this tournament I think hooking him up with a teammate DeFy or not would be most beneficial.

And because shadow asked this earlier today: WE ARE NOT STARTING ROUND 2 TILL THE FINAL FIRST ROUND MATCH IS FINISHED. Be patient guys, take five, progress will resume as soon as possible.

Cutter
Message 144 of 170 (256 Views)
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Re: RD1 in PROGRESS - REBIRTH - HUNTER ARENA COOP TOURNAMENT

Apr 2, 2013
Ok. ^^^ No problem. I'll add Pete and see what he says. I'd really like to help y'all close out Round 2. The sooner the better.
Message 145 of 170 (244 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Apr 3, 2013

great, be sure to tell how it goes. I'd like to move on with this tournament already lmao

Cutter
Message 146 of 170 (229 Views)
Sackboy
469 posts

Apr 5, 2013

Nanashi707 wrote:

great, be sure to tell how it goes. I'd like to move on with this tournament already lmao

So does this mean that if pete joins, i wont participate in the tournemant anymore?

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net][IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/2720663337.png[/IMG][/URL]
Message 147 of 170 (208 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

Apr 5, 2013

what, no you're with SLEAZE in WAR+ remember? Pete is joining as another team to face you two.

Cutter
Message 148 of 170 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Apr 6, 2013
^No, Pete is the leader of the team you'll be facing Smiley Happy

You and sleaze are a team Smiley Tongue

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 149 of 170 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
521 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

OK so I realized the whole time I've been neglecting the obvious choice: I'll join my own tournament since there' so much trouble finding a teammate for Pete.

SLEAZE, I'm giving you 24 hours (roughly) to find Pete a replacement. If not, come Monday I will be his teammate and we can play our match ASAP and FINALLY Round 1 will come to a conclusion. I'll post up the Highlights vid and we will move on to ROUND 2.

#GetHype

Cutter
Message 150 of 170 (185 Views)