Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 20 2012
By: jwesp Lombax Warrior 126 posts

Fan Created Lab. Support a new Lab Experience

[ Edited ]
24 replies 958 views Edited Aug 27, 2012

So the Lab is defined as "Experimental Game Types"

So far we have seen TDM with "x" weapon only or Plunder with "X" weapon only.

Please give this thread a chance and hear me out.

First off let me tell you where we are at. In the most recent Q&A  shadowlibraboy asked this question and got this response...

Q: Will you ever use The Lab to experiment with new weapons, kickbacks or modes? (Shadowlibraboy)

A:  [WINKS] Maybe [WINKS] ….we’ll have more info once we have our community calendar locked down. I can say we don’t have any plans for new weapons at the current time.

Now let me tell you where I and hopefully a lot of you would like to be...

The purpose of this thread is to get ND to add a Lab gametype created 100% by the community into this game. "By the community" means by all of YOU, not me and not just one person, but by all of us. There are a ton of good ideas on here but remember, they have said clearly  that they will not add new weapons and there will not be separate hit boxes. They are working on colors and a Classic Mode type game. Boosters themselves must remain the way they are, and I'm almost certain they won't change any health amounts. So with all that said lets listen to them so they will listen to us.

What we need to do...

Continue making new threads about new Lab ideas, or put them here, it's up to YOU. Critique the idea's of others on any thread. Stick to the limits the game has now, ND will not take crazy plans seriously. 

What I would like this thread to be...

I am not hear for attention, I have my wife and kids for that. I am however looking for Kudos, they apparently are what ND looks for to know the community wants something. Kudos this thread only if you would like to see a truly 100% Experimental Fan Created Lab Experience added to this game. Post links to your own Lab Idea Threads, discuss other peoples ideas, or just comment on how you would like to see something like this happen.

In the past I created a thread asking for a Lab Idea Contest where ND would choose the best Idea and create that Lab. While I still believe this would be a great thing I truly do not care if they choose 1 idea or choose an Idea that is "OURS". I am only here because I for one am tired of the same old weapon X Labs.

Some ideas from the Community so far...

I'm going in order and I am not stealing anyone's Idea, I am not listing names because I'm not sure I am allowed to. If you want to let people know one of these ideas is yours feel free to comment and let people know.

Gun Cycling... A completely new idea based off a mode from COD

Multi Idol Plunder...Almost just like it sounds

FFA Elimination...Yep sounds quick and fun

All Gold Booster Lab...Stop crying about certain Boosters and give all of them to everyone

Wager Matches...Your money against everyone else's

3 Team Obj...Objective with a huge twist

Cursed Plunder...Plunder with a whole different twist

3Team plunder...umm Plunder with 3 teams

Summer Beta Lab!!!... still laugh at this one

Automatics with no Blindfire...Stop Crying about BFing Noobs.

Hi 5 Lab... Finally, an in game reason to High Five.

Randomization Lab...Things stay interesting with a new load out with each spawn.

Any Lab from SouthpawLP's Thread... He put some work into that one.

I think I can stop there, thank you all for the Ideas.

So like I've said and I'm sure you see by now, I only want a brand new Experimental Game Type Lab. I don't want attention or more friends, and I don't care about my lab being put into the game. I just enjoy brand new ideas and Game Modes.

If you've read all the way to here, you are at least interested in a new game type so Kudos this post or comment so ND might see this is what we want. I can't be one of only a few that would love to see this, if all you want is more Colors and a Classic Mode then go to those posts. While I would love to see Classic Mode, I'm sorry, but I really don't care about Colors.

I just want a Brand New Creative Experimental Lab Experience.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (958 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Re: Fan Created Lab. Support a new Lab Experience

Aug 20, 2012
Great post! :smileyhappy: let's hope Naughty Dog sees this and posts a response :smileyvery-happy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (953 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Aug 20, 2012
Maybe we could try to post this in multiplayer general next week if we don't get enough attention here, and see how it turns out :smileyhappy:

Even though we wil get some hate :smileytongue:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (949 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Aug 20, 2012
I don't care about hate. I just want this to happen. I added the sig. Not sure if it works as a link though.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (947 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Aug 20, 2012
I'm gunna put it in my sig once I get on my laptop :smileyhappy:

I want to see this happen :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (940 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Aug 20, 2012

Okay, so the sig is made. The PM is sent to PSForumMods. And the link and "Thank you" is posted in some of the communities Lab Idea Threads.

I'll give this some time and see if it at least gets "views". If it looks like it is not even getting seen by anyone I will post a link in the general discussion thread. I'm just not confident that the people who would love to see this happen are going to see it here.

Here is to hope of one day playing a 100% fan created Lab.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (934 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

Aug 21, 2012
I think I can hear birds chirping in this section. Or is that crickets? Up to 4 Kudos though.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (912 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Aug 21, 2012
I think I heard a coyote :smileytongue:

You got 4 kudos though, so at least people have seen it :smileyhappy:

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (907 Views)
Fender Bender
4145 posts

Aug 21, 2012

Hey, if you're looking for ideas...http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Randomization-Lab/td-p/37254150

Also, a Lone Wolf Co-op Arena would be awesome. No chokers and slightly increased health to compensate for no revives. Lives are reduced from standard arena depending on difficulty.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Co-op Adventure Tips & Tricks and Amazing Lab Idea- Now with Brackets Mentioning Kudos Count!

Supporter for more sound in Uncharted 3 Multiplayer

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (898 Views)
Lombax Warrior
126 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 28, 2012

@ Toxic156 I like the idea a lot. I remember posting a comment on this one. I'll add it to the list when I get on my lap top.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (874 Views)
0 Likes