Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2864 posts

Re: Farewell Uncharted 3. Hello to The Last of Us.

Jun 15, 2013

nicolepwned wrote:
^ I swear to god if that was a spoiler. -.-

It's not a spoiler.  This game hits you different if you happen to be a father, that is all.  And the game just happened to come out just before Father's Day weekend, which is actually kindof a co-incidence cause it was supposed to come out a month ago or so.

2544133150[1].png

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 103 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jun 15, 2013

so I asked a few guys yesterday on PSN about the game.  glad I did not buy it.

I'm told that just like when U3 came out, they completely ignored all of the bug fixes they did in the last game and released TLoU with the exact same bugs that were present in U3 when it was released (even though they have since been fixed in U3).  It reminds me of all the bugs fixed in U2 but were then included in U3 when it was released.  Naughty Dog never learns.  Quality is not high on their to do list.   Seems like sometime during the development process they would look at the bugs present in their last game, see how they fixed them and implement these fixes from day 1 in their new game so the bug would not be present at all.  smh.

I refuse to support this company.   I may get TLoU someday used from GameStop or something but that's it.......

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 103 (335 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5772 posts

Jun 15, 2013

^ although I heard about the glitches, I got the game later in the day and played through just fine.

Great game to play, no need to knock it.

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 103 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Jun 16, 2013

I did not knock the game.  I knocked the company that made the game.  It's lack of focus on quality has turned this one time fan off.  Even on their latest game they had plenty of time to do whatever they wanted as they had already pushed the release date back.   they still did not use any of this time to fix known bugs (bugs that were present it both of it's last 2 games, U2 and U3) because they simply do not care about quality for consumers on day 1.  Your money is what is important to them, the quality of product you get in return for it is not. 

haven't played the game so it's impossible for me to knock it. 

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 103 (316 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1093 posts

Jun 16, 2013
I strongly believe that I am going to enjoy the SP campaign. I honestly have no doubts about it.

I also strongly believe I'm not going to enjoy the MP much. It just doesn't appeal to me. I like the fast paced style of UC3. It's also been the only game that causes me to yell both "f*** you!!!" and "f*** yeah!!!" in the same game. Sometimes within the same minute.

It frustrates me sometimes but I honestly love UC3. It has more personality than any other game I've ever played. There's just an incredible amount of diversity to it. There are countless combinations of play styles that offer a less-than-predictable competitor a lot of the time.

I'm sure I will give TLoU MP a try. Who knows, I might like it. But so far, I don't like what I've heard about it. I'll go buy it whenever I get a chance or whenever it's convenient for me lol. Either way, I don't see myself leaving UC3 until either UC4 is released or the game fizzles out.
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 103 (315 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jun 16, 2013

EvilDead is spot on. There is a quite annoying bug in the MP that they haven't fixed since the UC2 beta (more than 4 years ago).

Let's just say that a certain ND developer (that shall not be named) literally begged me to edit one of my posts, where I had mentioned this bug... he told that he didn't want it to spread too much before they fix it (no comments).

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 103 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16251 posts

Jun 16, 2013

FredFai wrote:

scootgar wrote:

Turns out I'm a liar.   My wife bought me the damned game as a father's Day gift.

See you on the other side...

Since you're a father, be prepared to cry. A lot. 

So... are you gonna let your whole family watch the game or something?

Dude, I'm not permitted to play the SP until they're all in the living room with soda and popcorn.

The Biggest Lies

5.) The hats aren't the surprise.
4.) Mods knows what they're doing.
3.) It doesn't fit the world paradigm.
2.) I'm not in it for the money.
1.) The player pool will be consolidated.

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 103 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Jun 16, 2013

This place now

Yeah bye for now UC3. Still haven't tried the MP. It can't top UC3 MP, it just can't. 

Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 103 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Host
8361 posts

Jun 16, 2013
@ID-69 - It topped it for me at least. And I'm Level 70, last legacy in UC3. I'm never going back to UC3

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 103 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1992 posts

Jun 16, 2013
This forum is dead.😞
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 103 (177 Views)
0 Likes