Last Guardian
10262 posts

Re: Farewell Uncharted 3. Hello to The Last of Us.

Jun 19, 2013
Guys, just chill. Which game is better? Your opinion will answer. Nobody would be able to force anyone into agreeing, and this got way too heated to be "just a discussion".

Me? I finally got my prize for acing the mandatory summer I had, and TLOU is great, but I still play UC3 as well. I don't compare them. UC3 is great, so is TLOU. They're completely different, so it's not like comparing UC3 to UC2 where thry at least fall under the same series.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 91 of 103 (455 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Zidane UC2 had boosters that didn't level up, no loadouts, no kickbacks. You all started with the same weapons. TLOU has loadouts and boosters much more fleshed out then both UC2&3 to allow for very differing gameplay just based on those boosters alone. There's talk of DLC for more modes already, which was done in UC3 as well anyway.

My point is that UC2 was & is not bare boned like you proclaimed it has 90% of everything that UC3 has plus has features UC3 doesn't have, TLOU is bare boned on content overall yes DLC is coming 2 packs for the MP & 1 SP DLC we don't know what ye MP packs will bring so lets not venture in the land of assumptions.

Not to mention the "various modes" in UC3 actually hurt it in the long run seeing as how it has DLC on/off as well as 10 different modes. Splitting it's pool in 1/2 across 10 different modes. Causing several of those modes to have difficulty finding games, such as classic, hunter, shade survival, and to an extent elimination.

DLC Map packs segregated the player pool NOT the various modes, & the DLC packs will do the same in TLOU since they aren't free so I don't even want to know what exactly you are getting at. ... Shade Survival is stand alone mode the player pool was never split lol.

You honestly believe that an overall despised multiplayer that is nearly 2 years old in the end of a generation is going to go strong lets say...by early next year? Especially with the release of the company's next game being such a success in both aspects (SP & MP). I'm not laying my opinion here saying "TLOU is better omg its gonna kill uncharted!" I'm saying that it will most likely damage it's pool somewhat...because believe it or not I love UC3 MP too, but i'm not ignoring all the hate it has gotten and have noticed very well that it has gotten harder to find games lately in non-peak hours.

Um lets get this straight not because people on the internet despises a game automatically equates to them being majority UC3 is still a very active game & yes I think UC3 will be quite active for sometime. Why do you assume everyone that plays UC3 will want the TLOU or will abandon UC3 for it? Both games offer opposite experiences. We shall see just how much damage it does to UC3 player pool currently I can't even see a dent.

game doesn't need multiple modes to be fun. And yes UC2 was bare bones, it wasn't fleshed out to be a variety things to choose from. you chose 1 skin, 2 boosters, and all started with the same gun, yes that's bare bones. Not saying that's bad, but yes in comparison it's bare bones.

Yes the multiple modes segregated the player pool, I don't know where you're getting at. You have X amount of people playing a game with 10 choices to choose from, including shade survival I don't know why you didn't include that. DLC packs won't do the same to TLOU because it will still have minimal modes, and it being a rather new game has no problem at finding matches.

I was using TLOU as an example really because it is kinda the topic here, this all stemmed from me saying that UC3 is an old game or something right? Go ahead if you think "you and your friends" playing it means it's a rather active game, but there are plenty of people not playing it anymore with a good sum of people playing it fresh f2p. Note: I'm not one of those and still thoroughly enjoy UC3.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 92 of 103 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 19, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Zidane_Finito wrote:

sanddude20 wrote:

@Zidane UC2 had boosters that didn't level up, no loadouts, no kickbacks. You all started with the same weapons. TLOU has loadouts and boosters much more fleshed out then both UC2&3 to allow for very differing gameplay just based on those boosters alone. There's talk of DLC for more modes already, which was done in UC3 as well anyway.

My point is that UC2 was & is not bare boned like you proclaimed it has 90% of everything that UC3 has plus has features UC3 doesn't have, TLOU is bare boned on content overall yes DLC is coming 2 packs for the MP & 1 SP DLC we don't know what ye MP packs will bring so lets not venture in the land of assumptions.

Not to mention the "various modes" in UC3 actually hurt it in the long run seeing as how it has DLC on/off as well as 10 different modes. Splitting it's pool in 1/2 across 10 different modes. Causing several of those modes to have difficulty finding games, such as classic, hunter, shade survival, and to an extent elimination.

DLC Map packs segregated the player pool NOT the various modes, & the DLC packs will do the same in TLOU since they aren't free so I don't even want to know what exactly you are getting at. ... Shade Survival is stand alone mode the player pool was never split lol.

You honestly believe that an overall despised multiplayer that is nearly 2 years old in the end of a generation is going to go strong lets say...by early next year? Especially with the release of the company's next game being such a success in both aspects (SP & MP). I'm not laying my opinion here saying "TLOU is better omg its gonna kill uncharted!" I'm saying that it will most likely damage it's pool somewhat...because believe it or not I love UC3 MP too, but i'm not ignoring all the hate it has gotten and have noticed very well that it has gotten harder to find games lately in non-peak hours.

Um lets get this straight not because people on the internet despises a game automatically equates to them being majority UC3 is still a very active game & yes I think UC3 will be quite active for sometime. Why do you assume everyone that plays UC3 will want the TLOU or will abandon UC3 for it? Both games offer opposite experiences. We shall see just how much damage it does to UC3 player pool currently I can't even see a dent.

game doesn't need multiple modes to be fun. And yes UC2 was bare bones, it wasn't fleshed out to be a variety things to choose from. you chose 1 skin, 2 boosters, and all started with the same gun, yes that's bare bones. Not saying that's bad, but yes in comparison it's bare bones.

Yes the multiple modes segregated the player pool, I don't know where you're getting at. You have X amount of people playing a game with 10 choices to choose from, including shade survival I don't know why you didn't include that. DLC packs won't do the same to TLOU because it will still have minimal modes, and it being a rather new game has no problem at finding matches.

I was using TLOU as an example really because it is kinda the topic here, this all stemmed from me saying that UC3 is an old game or something right? Go ahead if you think "you and your friends" playing it means it's a rather active game, but there are plenty of people not playing it anymore with a good sum of people playing it fresh f2p. Note: I'm not one of those and still thoroughly enjoy UC3.

You are confusing a design choice as bare boned, UC2 had alot of modes. the same amount of weapons, alot of skins, TLOU launched with 2 variations of TDM loll = bare boned.

The player pool only became segregated in both UC2 & 3 when DLC maps were introduced every single mode had & still has dedicated players & I didn't need to include Shade Survival since it's a paid mode Smiley Indifferent. Whether it has less modes doesn't change the fact the fact the player pool will be split, what happens when they introduce a paid Co-op mode?? Shade survival all over again. Yeh it's a new game so obviously matches are wasy to find this was never up for discussion. 

Actually it stemmed from you saying "everyone despised UC3" lol... * think* 

Well i'm sure 'me & my' friends cant fill  an entire lobby in public games in all modes, as I said the game is fairly active I see more high ranks than F2P players, TLOU in the end won't have much of an impact on UC3 because most who hated the game & moved on to TLOU had stopped playing UC3 awhile back & then there are many others who will continue to play both because they offer differ game-play.

Message 93 of 103 (387 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Keyblade Wielder
7110 posts

Jun 19, 2013

Guess you don't know what bare boned is. No more arguing there.

And no it stemmed from where I said it was, then you butted in saying no UC3 is great and such and everyone plays it still. *THINK* I never said UC3 is dead right now, I've said several times that it is getting there. And I also said the player pool is segregated yes, it is, there is no argueing against it, shade survival is a mode out of 10. It can still very well hold its own I am aware. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just pointing out the obvious that UC3 may not last for too much longer seeing as it isn't as well liked overall, ND isn't supporting it much at all, and the next gen is coming up. As it is now, only the staple modes get tons of action, being TDM, plunder, and TO. with other modes still being populated enough to find a game and the rest being near-death.

Oh, I'm just leaving. -Best Uncharted character ever
Message 94 of 103 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 21, 2013

personaly i never like uc3 mainly because its a noob helping game which lets players with no skill get a grenade from like nowhere thats just an example. But uc2 i can easily say its amazing! I got most of my friends there and I KICK A*S on it. idk if some of you might have played with me. there is a chance you've played if your one of the most common known players of uncharted and like high levels and stuff. anyways Last Of Us.. AMAZING way better than unbalance 3

Message 95 of 103 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I just recently found out that TLOU is R18+ (American MA) here in Australia... I had to fight tooth and nail to even get an MA15+ game (American M) and to try to get TLOU... I'd be better off convincing my mother to let me do drugs than get TLOU...

Bang Bang!

Message 96 of 103 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
421 posts

Jun 21, 2013

As much as I loved Uncharted 3 multiplayer, I quit playing it some months back. I thought about returning but now after playing TLoU's MP for some time, nah... I ain't going back to Uncharted anymore, maybe for the single player but for multiplayer TLoU is the only game I play now.

Dunno if you guys are even on the forums but E1KerM and ii-NudlZ-ii (or something like that) had fun playing with you guys on UC3. Would be cool to meet you guys on TLoU MP in the future. Dunno if any of you is on my friends list anymore. Smiley Frustrated

Message 97 of 103 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
396 posts

Jun 21, 2013

well U3 is still my mp game of choice. TLoU's is far too slow paced for me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 98 of 103 (275 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Jun 21, 2013

I don't know. I like both. TLOU gives me the same excitement UC3 used to give m (ie pre-HC removal).

But UC3 has co-op and I'm a co-op player.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 99 of 103 (256 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 22, 2013

sanddude20 wrote:

Guess you don't know what bare boned is. No more arguing there.

And no it stemmed from where I said it was, then you butted in saying no UC3 is great and such and everyone plays it still. *THINK* I never said UC3 is dead right now, I've said several times that it is getting there. And I also said the player pool is segregated yes, it is, there is no argueing against it, shade survival is a mode out of 10. It can still very well hold its own I am aware. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just pointing out the obvious that UC3 may not last for too much longer seeing as it isn't as well liked overall, ND isn't supporting it much at all, and the next gen is coming up. As it is now, only the staple modes get tons of action, being TDM, plunder, and TO. with other modes still being populated enough to find a game and the rest being near-death.

I was referring to the game modes in TLOU when I said it was Bare Boned but as per usual you never seem to be able to keep up & instead you started rambling about loadouts & other irrelevant crap...

You said "Everyone despised UC3" I asked who is 'Everyone' because alot of people still play spare me your pathetic attempt at spinning this.

Anyways i'm now beating a dead horse replying to you.

Message 100 of 103 (248 Views)
0 Likes