Aug 30 2013
By: walfo1 First Son 24 posts

Fifth legacy 75 level's are starting to really annoy me.

38 replies 738 views Edited Aug 30, 2013

On Uncharted, most of the games that people join have four people who are legacy 5 and lvl 75. This is annoying me, I like to call them: Clan bullies.. Is there any way to actually beat level 75's with more success? What is the best tactic that maxed out level players use...?

Message 1 of 39 (738 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Re: Fifth legacy 75 level's are starting to really annoy me.

Aug 30, 2013

The best tactics are not limited to Legacy 5 Level 75s…most Uncharted players that have been playing for a while just happened to have maxed out.  I am one of those players…so if we meet, I hope you don’t consider me a bully and we are most certainly not invincible. Smiley Happy

Bank’n’Boom, Whack’n’Roll and Tap’n’Nade are some of the tricks.  Tactics?  Determine where your strengths lie and build on those.  IMO, there is no magic bullet…experience is key.

For me, I cut my teeth on Coop and it remains my favourite mode.  I’m very good at strafing (not so good at sniping).  Blindfiring doesn’t come naturally to me because I like to aim in coop and it’s “built into” my muscle memory now.  So, I avoid close quarter battles as much as I can.  Blindfiring is a game mechanic exploited by most players and I usually lose close quarter combat (CQC) battles because blindfiring is not instinctual to me.  I stay on the edge of the map as much as possible – part of avoiding CQC.

Leverage the independent controls for movement and camera.  I can’t stress this enough and it applies to all shooters…look where you’re not moving (especially behind you).  Someone pointed this out me (kudos to shockrmolar) early in my comp career and it had a huge impact immediately.  Cheap players (and others just boosting certain things) will hide to wait for you to pass by and then get you from behind.  If you don’t see them, it’s pretty much over.

Map knowledge.  Not all maps are created equal for your gaming style.  I’ve noticed that I do better on some maps than others.  For instance, I usually do better on maps that are neither tight nor completely open.  Facility works well for me – it has good sight lines but cover is usually not that far away.  Airport is okay but I try to stay out of the areas that are completely open…to avoid snipers.  If you can figure out why you do better on certain maps, there are usually smaller areas on others where you can have similar success.

PLAY!  All this being said, experience is the only that’s really going to get you there.  It’s not my cup of tea (there’s something about shooting my friends that I really don’t like) but you can practice in custom matches with friends.  As much as I love coop, it just cannot fully prepare you for competitive – for that, you need to play against other people.  What you can practice in coop though are all the mechanics of play.

“Bullies” is probably a good term because as “skilled” as these players may seem to be…there are counter strategies and as soon as you ruin their plan, they usually run (rage quit).  That is one of the most satisfying things to do…chasing off the bullies!

Hope that helps a little!

Message 2 of 39 (685 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 30, 2013

You just need practice. A couple good tips which I always use and which get me out of sticky situations are:

1. If a player is chasing after you, throw a grenade at your feet. Rolling and dropping a grenade has a very slow fuse timer meaning they can throw it back easy. Throwing it shortens down the fuse timer by about half.

2. Hide behind a wall and when a player comes to turn a corner, throw a grenade at about the height of your head at the wall (or just blindfire throw) and then run away. By the time it hits the ground it'll explode and kill them. Great for players chasing you.

3. Comet Drop. I'm sure you've watched the video. All players incorperate this technique into their playstyle. Best in places like Chateau where the spawns aren't that far away, you're on equal ground and you know where most players will be running to.

4. Just like the first two tips, you can throw a grenade at a ceiling or a surface of some kind to set off the fuse timer. When a grenade comes into contact with anything, the fuse timer will activate. Great for luring people out of cover, using it to escape or for any other reasons which could come in handy. Grenades are a lot more deadly than people give them credit for which is why I use the Explosives kickback. You can never have too many grenades.

Bang Bang!

Message 3 of 39 (673 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Aug 30, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

The best tactics are not limited to Legacy 5 Level 75s…most Uncharted players that have been playing for a while just happened to have maxed out.  I am one of those players…so if we meet, I hope you don’t consider me a bully and we are most certainly not invincible. Smiley Happy

Bank’n’Boom, Whack’n’Roll and Tap’n’Nade are some of the tricks.  Tactics?  Determine where your strengths lie and build on those.  IMO, there is no magic bullet…experience is key.

For me, I cut my teeth on Coop and it remains my favourite mode.  I’m very good at strafing (not so good at sniping).  Blindfiring doesn’t come naturally to me because I like to aim in coop and it’s “built into” my muscle memory now.  So, I avoid close quarter battles as much as I can.  Blindfiring is a game mechanic exploited by most players and I usually lose close quarter combat (CQC) battles because blindfiring is not instinctual to me.  I stay on the edge of the map as much as possible – part of avoiding CQC.

Leverage the independent controls for movement and camera.  I can’t stress this enough and it applies to all shooters…look where you’re not moving (especially behind you).  Someone pointed this out me (kudos to shockrmolar) early in my comp career and it had a huge impact immediately.  Cheap players (and others just boosting certain things) will hide to wait for you to pass by and then get you from behind.  If you don’t see them, it’s pretty much over.

Map knowledge.  Not all maps are created equal for your gaming style.  I’ve noticed that I do better on some maps than others.  For instance, I usually do better on maps that are neither tight nor completely open.  Facility works well for me – it has good sight lines but cover is usually not that far away.  Airport is okay but I try to stay out of the areas that are completely open…to avoid snipers.  If you can figure out why you do better on certain maps, there are usually smaller areas on others where you can have similar success.

PLAY!  All this being said, experience is the only that’s really going to get you there.  It’s not my cup of tea (there’s something about shooting my friends that I really don’t like) but you can practice in custom matches with friends.  As much as I love coop, it just cannot fully prepare you for competitive – for that, you need to play against other people.  What you can practice in coop though are all the mechanics of play.

“Bullies” is probably a good term because as “skilled” as these players may seem to be…there are counter strategies and as soon as you ruin their plan, they usually run (rage quit).  That is one of the most satisfying things to do…chasing off the bullies!

Hope that helps a little!

whack 'n roll is a glitch and everyone that uses it is pathetic if you ask me...

Message 4 of 39 (669 Views)
First Son
24 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Do you know any good game modes to practice at? Is co-op a good choice to practice certain things? I want to test stuff out, but I don't know how to.

Message 5 of 39 (665 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Aug 30, 2013

@Matthijs_17…

I agree wholeheartedly about Whack and Roll.  I think it’s cheap but it’s there and people use it.  For my part, I only use bank ‘n’ boom.  I haven’t been able to master the other two but if I could, I’d like to believe I’d use them as a last resort.

Message 6 of 39 (647 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
685 posts

Aug 30, 2013

@walfo1...

As I said in my first post, coop (I'd suggest Arena) is good to master some of the basic mechanics of the game but if you don’t have some Uncharted friends to game with, your random teammates are probably going to resent your practice/experimentation.  Also, if you’re still developing your skills, the difficulty in random matches gets voted on so you’re probably going to have a difficult time finding Easy and Normal matches…I think you’ll find most people want to play Hard or Crushing.

Message 7 of 39 (638 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 30, 2013
Never got into the whole Whack n Roll thing. Not even sure if I could do it if I tried. Maybe I could get the timing down after a few attempts but idk, just never got into it.

Aside from that, I love both Bank n Boom and especially Tap-a-nade. If you're not sure how to properly execute either of them, look it up.

When I first started playing uc3, my KDR and WLR were both negative. After a cou
Message 8 of 39 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3484 posts

Aug 30, 2013

CaptainProduce67 wrote:

@Matthijs_17…

I agree wholeheartedly about Whack and Roll.  I think it’s cheap but it’s there and people use it.  For my part, I only use bank ‘n’ boom.  I haven’t been able to master the other two but if I could, I’d like to believe I’d use them as a last resort.

yeah, bank 'n' boom is alright, it takes skill, you have to have a good idea of how the map works and be good at throwing grenades, however, whack 'n' roll is just pressing circle right after square, so that you can punch someone without having the negative effect of being exposed to an attack from the opponent, which is the same as glitching in a wall and shooting someone, without the other person being able to shoot at you, whack 'n' roll is the exact same thing, can you remind me on what tap 'n' nade is?

Message 9 of 39 (629 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 30, 2013
After a couple months, they both became positive. This was mostly due to me finding and befriending others who have been playing uc3 for a while. They provided me with countless tips. Plus, playing with them and against other decent players really improved my game all around.

If you don't have a bunch of talented uc3 players on your friends list to play with, I would recommend finding some. Also, if you randomly get teamed up with or against some really good players, review the games cinema from their perspective. It'll give you an idea of how they play and what makes them do well.

If they're just using a KAL and BF'ing all game, or using M9 RoF or only spamming PW's, just ignore them. Look for the players that use tactics that aren't overly easy, players who actually incorporate skill into their game to succeed.
Message 10 of 39 (626 Views)
0 Likes