I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Re: Fifth legacy 75 level's are starting to really annoy me.

Aug 30, 2013
@Matthis

You can look this up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it looks like. But basically, if you run and jump in the air while holding L1, while in midair, you tap L2. The grenade will go to exactly where the air reticle is. So let's say you run into someone blasting you with M9 RoF, or a couple teammates side by side. You can jump in the air, put the reticle at their feet and tap L2. They will be forced to either stop shooting and try to throw the grenade back or run away, or the can do nothing and die. Buys you precious time.
Message 11 of 39 (336 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 30, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
@Matthis

You can look this up on YouTube to get a better idea of what it looks like. But basically, if you run and jump in the air while holding L1, while in midair, you tap L2. The grenade will go to exactly where the air reticle is. So let's say you run into someone blasting you with M9 RoF, or a couple teammates side by side. You can jump in the air, put the reticle at their feet and tap L2. They will be forced to either stop shooting and try to throw the grenade back or run away, or the can do nothing and die. Buys you precious time.

ah, ok, saves you the time from aiming and throwing a grenade and be an easy target...

I'm not so keen on such tactics, this one is not as bad as whack and roll, but it's not something I would use...

I prefer just walking around normally, not doing crazy jumps randomly and stuff, and I just try to go for stealthkills, BBQ medals or pull downs, it's not really effective, but I have a lot more fun that way :smileyhappy:

actually, I play just like a noob, because I like playing like a noob, I don't even strafe while aiming in most cases, and if I strafe it's not back and forth but just to one side I walking to anyway xD

I'm more of a team player, what I do lately is with a buddy, we use both stealth buddy, and make an average of 5 stealth kills each in a team deathmatch, and then equip mega bomb, and everyone then wonders: how do they get megabomb so quickly :smileytongue:

Message 12 of 39 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Thanks to The Last of Us, I've kinda started to use some of those tactics in UCMP. You can shoot your gun or throw a grenade in one place and then hide, the enemies will come to investigate and then you can jump them. I'm probably one of the only people who do that in the entire MP.

Bang Bang!

Message 13 of 39 (298 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1099 posts

Aug 30, 2013
Well Whack n Roll is more of a glitch. Tap-a-nade is something that is actually rather difficult to do well in a pinch. You'll randomly be under a lot of pressure if you need to use it. It's effective but also very risky, because if you mess it up at all, you're probably going to die. It's far from cheap and takes skill. Much unlike Whack n Roll.
Message 14 of 39 (296 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 30, 2013

nationm04 wrote:
Well Whack n Roll is more of a glitch. Tap-a-nade is something that is actually rather difficult to do well in a pinch. You'll randomly be under a lot of pressure if you need to use it. It's effective but also very risky, because if you mess it up at all, you're probably going to die. It's far from cheap and takes skill. Much unlike Whack n Roll.

I'll admit that the Tap-a-nade is very hard to master. I use it now because it's a reflex but most of the times I miss. It's like quickscoping but with grenades. I personally just drop a grenade at my feet as a smoke cover and then run and hide. If I find another grenade on the way I can do the Bank'n'Boom (if I'm thinking of the right one) against a wall and then run.

Bang Bang!

Message 15 of 39 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
88 posts

Aug 30, 2013
I honestly lost alot because I refused to use the M9, because of how boring and cheap it was to kill within a few seconds. What I use now is Arm Micro and G-Mal, which are alot more exciting. I use weapon expert to use the AM in close combat, and accuracy on the G-Mal. I found it very effective to use it as a long ranged and shorter ranged long gun on how you use it, and the secondary is for CQC. I also use smoke bomb to avoid death and keep dissapearing, and it works well for me, but it is NOT a run and gun weapon.
Message 16 of 39 (289 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Aug 30, 2013

Matthijs_17 wrote:

whack 'n roll is a glitch and everyone that uses it is pathetic if you ask me...

Anyone who can lie to themselves about something they don't like is pathetic if you ask me... 

Look I respect most people generally (even if they haven't earned respect) but that is a stupid view to take. If it really was a glitch then why doesn't reporting people for using the WnR technique work? If it was a glitch then why would ND allow B2C to put a video explaining how to do this glitch in UCTV? If it was a glitch then why does most of the community just let it happen? Why would ND just let it happen?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Message 17 of 39 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11231 posts

Aug 30, 2013

walfo1 wrote:

What is the best tactic that maxed out level players use...?

If you're not in a party then just quit out, you shouldn't waste your time and effort trying to beat a po5 with terrible team mates.

Now, to beat a party of five, you either need your own party with good players or use cheap tactics like Rate of Fire, Quick Boom... the list is (almost) endless.

Message 18 of 39 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10164 posts

Aug 31, 2013
Climb, jump, run, all that. Never stop for more than one second in any spot unless in a gunfight. Even so, always keep moving.

That's my tactic though. You can try it out, but I can't guarantee it'll work.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 19 of 39 (268 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2856 posts

Aug 31, 2013

stayFROST-E wrote:

Matthijs_17 wrote:

whack 'n roll is a glitch and everyone that uses it is pathetic if you ask me...

Anyone who can lie to themselves about something they don't like is pathetic if you ask me... 

Look I respect most people generally (even if they haven't earned respect) but that is a stupid view to take. If it really was a glitch then why doesn't reporting people for using the WnR technique work? If it was a glitch then why would ND allow B2C to put a video explaining how to do this glitch in UCTV? If it was a glitch then why does most of the community just let it happen? Why would ND just let it happen?

because if Naughty Dog admits it is a glitch, they have to fix it, and if almost the whole community is using it anyway, then why just not pretend it's a valid tactic?

but use some common sense, tell me why the whack 'n' roll is any different then a wallglitch? in a wall glitch you shoot at people without them having the chanche of shooting you, with the whack 'n' roll you punch someone without having the opponent be able to punch you, with the whack 'n' roll glitch, you cancel your punch right after you make it, your punch still does the damage, but doesn't leave you exposed to a punch from the opponent, also you roll immediately after in any direction you want so you could avoid gunfire to, you know how much I hate blindfire, I know you want it nerfed as well, and whack 'n' roll is a glitch that makes the blindfire even more effective, people just run up to you holding R1 for a second then punch and roll, if opponent is not dead, the whack 'n' roll is used here so that if you haven't done enough damage with the blindfire, you can finish your opponent off with the second punch after the roll...

anyway, you're right that it wasn't really necsessary of me to call people pathetic for it, whack 'n' roll is also sometimes just a reflex, you want to punch someone, but then you realise you actually are in a dangerous position so you roll away, that happens even to me sometimes, but I really consider people that intentionally use whack 'n' roll as a valid tactic to be a bunch of scrubs...

Message 20 of 39 (248 Views)
0 Likes