Jul 15 2013
By: yazter Hekseville Citizen 286 posts

Finally done with the MP! :D Also, final words for ND..

[ Edited ]
20 replies 1039 views Edited Jul 15, 2013

If I understand correctly, we are allowed to post criticism of the game so long as we are being civil about it, right?

Also, I wrote the same post on another website (with slight modifications so as to conform to the rules).

With that in mind, here goes:

About ten days ago, I got my final treasure in Uncharted 3 multiplayer and, consequently, my final Trophy, and now I have 100% in Uncharted 3.  This is a relief because not only do I have 100%, but I no longer have to suffer through multiplayer anymore.

This multiplayer has been, without a doubt, one of the most painful multiplayers I've ever had to suffer through.  Sure, I understand a LOT of people like it, but I didn't.  I could just simply get the two online Trophies, my platinum, and I'd be on my merry way.  But NOOOOOO, a year later, bam, ND added FIFTY DLC Trophies -- all at once!

Yes, I could talk about the faults of multiplayer but that has been done ad nauseam.  Further, I'm speaking mainly from a Trophy hunter's point of view.  Not all hunters of course, but many.  We had to suffer through many, many hours of grinding to get 100% in this game.  And the current condition of the game does not help it either.

This multiplayer is by no means "tacked on," but make no mistake -- it is forces and way overdone.  In so many ways.

What I mean is, the fact that the multiplayer has many customisation facets and a multitude of features and gamemodes does not mean it's awesome. Effort does not always mean quality. I could write a thousand page book of rubbish but at the end of the day, it'll be that - rubbish. And that's what the Uncharted 3 multiplayer is; lots of terrible features and gamemodes that, over the course of ample modification to appease to a diverse feedback, ended up pleasing no one.

I could have just avoided the multiplayer altogether, but the ND's vain attempt to salvage this sinking ship resulted in one failure after another. And instead of fixing the faults, they keep trying to keep this game on life support by releasing an F2P version (which in reality is a glorified demo). They coerce Trophy completionists into endure this godawful multiplayer by adding fifty Trophies, some of which are near impossible or just frustrating to the point of despair. To add insult to injury, the requirement for most of these Trophies are possible (i.e. 50 Three Kickback King medals), but no matter how many medals you get, they will only count towards their respective Trophy when you buy the DLC. Oh and they're not retroactive, either. Not to mention the huge middle finger to the Fortune Hunter Club subscribers who DID buy the DLC but still had to do everything from scratch.

Beyond those two things, many of the Naughty Dog fans, on ND forums and on the PlayStation blog, who whined for, and demanded, DLC Trophies, barely gotten one or two trophies, if any. They kept whining, asking for Trophies and in their compliance Naughty Dog went overboard and added 50 Trophies at once. The demanders didn't really care and everyone else was screwed over by a 51% Trophy completion. Here is an example, you can look up these people's profiles to see their Trophy completion.  No, seriously, look at the people who kept asking for Trophies (their PSN is there), check their profiles and tell me how many actually got the Trophies they whined over?

While some might find these trophies invigorating, many of them are luck-based. These include include theTreasure set completion Trophies that made even the most ardent Uncharted 3 MP fanatics gasp in consternation. These are some very rare treasures that hours upon hours of gaming still wouldn't unlock. Yes, each treasure set unlocks a unique item, too! Fair, no? Nope, because you can buy these add-ons, rendering the treasures essentially useless.

So how I do I pull through this? Most of the time I'm playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer I'm usually under the influence of (legally-prescribed) substance to make this game tolerable. That and some kickass people from this website that lessen the blow of this troublesome multiplayer

My opinions are shared by many, and I respect those who extol the nonexistent virtues of this DLC. And while I don't understand them, I respect their entitlement to their opinions. I'm expressing my frustration because it's been more than two months since I've been playing this game ALMOST exclusively and only last week I managed to get 100% after ardent gaming. Also, I shelled out MY money for a product (all the map packs) I bought so I can express what I like (nothing) and dislike about said purchase.

If you think this multiplayer is great, by all means, play it. But try to get 100% in Trophies before I even consider your opinion. No seriously, go get 100% if you love this game so much. Personally I'd rather be skinned alive and dipped in acid over and over before I go through this again. The day I was done was a day of celebration.

Uncharted is a great SINGLEPLAYER experience.  Uncharted 2 and Uncharted 3 multiplayer made me dislke this game but after the second game I gave ND the benefit of the doubt, only to be screwed over more.

Does that mean I hate Uncharted? Nope.  I love the single player experience.  In fact, part of me hopes there would be an Uncharted 4.  I can't wait until I rent that game and played it on my other account, thereby enjoying the developers' hard work legally without giving them a dime.  :smileyvery-happy: 

Good luck to you guys.  I wish ND's Uncharted team the best in their endeavours.  Criticism =/= hatred.  Just fyi.  :smileyhappy:

Also: mods, if there is anything against the rules here, please close/lock my thread.  Thanks.

(Yes, I do have that many trophies and yes, I am *that* fabulous.)
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Re: Finally done with the MP! :D Also, final words for ND..

Jul 15, 2013

Ok Congrats on your 100% completion.

This game is still fun, it's not rubbish, The MP for UC3>> It's garbage Single Player. You were never playing this game to have fun you were playing for trophies, the fact you had to even put yourself 'under the influence' as you claim says it all lol. 

Lastly you came across ignorant at times, you won't consider others opinion on the game because they decided to not grind for virtual trophies? :smileyindifferent:

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (1,012 Views)
Wastelander
601 posts

Jul 15, 2013
I loved this MP (had a lot of fun playing it) AND got 100% trophies without taking any drugs.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (1,008 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Jul 15, 2013

BirthBS wrote:
I loved this MP (had a lot of fun playing it) AND got 100% trophies without taking any drugs.

I'm afraid you have to take drugs to play Hunter non-stop for months.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (989 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 15, 2013
First and foremost, I only read the first couple paragraphs. And even reading that much gave me that feeling of what you felt over the months of searching.

Honestly I just feel kind of weirded out. You talk so poorly of this game, but literally wasted months and months playing it.

"I hate this game, yet I played it nonstop for two years so on my TV it said 50/50 instead of 0/50."

Talk about getting ND'd lol.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (974 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
44 posts

Jul 15, 2013
yazter
u dont like uc3
u had pain with it
dont play this ever again
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (954 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
801 posts

Jul 15, 2013
You really do come off as ignorant in your post. I love uncharted 3, I could stomach through 100% pretty easily. Why don't I? Because I already have the platinum trophy. (31 of those baby's if you must know) I have about 70% of the DLC trophies just from playing for my own enjoyment. That's all I really care to get. Just because YOU stressed yourself out getting a messily percentage doesn't mean we will or our opinions are any less valid.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (912 Views)
Sackboy
498 posts

Jul 15, 2013

I think in general...One thing I've found in my time with Uncharted online is that the more you play to "accomplish" something....the more frustrated you get.  

If you are out to just get trophies....Or skins...Or increase your KDR...Or win every game....You are gonig to get frustrated.  I remember trying to get those **bleep** skeleton skins in coop adventure until I was blue in the face....Then they just go and release them for $1 in the store (Or whatever the cost is).

Point is, just gotta play and have fun and not worry about it.  Honestly, at the end of the day, nobody cares.  I'm not expecting anybody to lay out an Uncharted 3 scrapbook at my funeral someday and have people say..."Boy...He was a pretty good Uncharted player".

The more I just have fun and roll with it.....The better it gets.  Sure....It still has problems, but I just take it in stride and think how much it beats the old Atari 2600 I used to play when I was younger :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (898 Views)
Sackboy
308 posts

Jul 15, 2013

@OP: I'm not a trophy hunter, but I remember a thread with similar sentiments that you might be interested in reading. Here is a link: 

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Views-of-a-Trophy-Hunter-Update...

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (886 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

Jul 16, 2013

You guys say I sound ignorant.  Well that is your opinion and I respect that. 

I said that in my original post as well.  With regards to the caveat of 100% for me to consider (I still respect it regardless) your opinion, it is simply so others would understand my frustration. 

Also, I said that if you enjoyed this game, good for you.  We all have different tastes and, MP faults nonwithstanding, my frustration stemmed mostly from a Trophy hunting perspective.

I'm just glad I'm done with this game once and for all.  I hope you guys enjoy it, do what's fun for you, and I'll do what's fun for me; hunting Trophies without being driven to dispair. 

(Yes, I do have that many trophies and yes, I am *that* fabulous.)
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (847 Views)
0 Likes