Survivor
2678 posts

Re: Finally done with the MP! :D Also, final words for ND..

Jul 16, 2013

yazter wrote:

So how I do I pull through this? Most of the time I'm playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer I'm usually under the influence of (legally-prescribed) substance to make this game tolerable.

thumbs up. 

I do not even attempt to play this game without a little something to make me feel good enough to ignore all the stupid stuff and have fun.  Any time any of you see me on this game, I've ingested 2 hydrocodone 7.5 as I turned my PS3 on.  If I'm on for a while, I'll hit up another 7.5 every 90 minutes or so just to keep my mood up.  As with you, all legally prescribed.

I have an Alt account that I've been playing on for a week.  I pretty much play solo on it (have 6 friends on PSN friends list) and made the mistake of playing solo one day with no pills.   I played one game and had to turn it off.   70% of players are from South America with upload speeds that can only be measured in KBs.   Guys join games, kill every single one of their team mates then quit or get kicked for team killing one team mate twice.  

I live in the midwest.  I should never see clan tags that say BRA, PERU, GUAT, ARG, etc.   Sadly, that's all I see....game after game. 

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (328 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
286 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 16, 2013

lEvilDeadl wrote:

yazter wrote:

So how I do I pull through this? Most of the time I'm playing Uncharted 3 multiplayer I'm usually under the influence of (legally-prescribed) substance to make this game tolerable.

thumbs up. 

I do not even attempt to play this game without a little something to make me feel good enough to ignore all the stupid stuff and have fun.  Any time any of you see me on this game, I've ingested 2 hydrocodone 7.5 as I turned my PS3 on.  If I'm on for a while, I'll hit up another 7.5 every 90 minutes or so just to keep my mood up.  As with you, all legally prescribed.

I have an Alt account that I've been playing on for a week.  I pretty much play solo on it (have 6 friends on PSN friends list) and made the mistake of playing solo one day with no pills.   I played one game and had to turn it off.   70% of players are from South America with upload speeds that can only be measured in KBs.   Guys join games, kill every single one of their team mates then quit or get kicked for team killing one team mate twice.  

I live in the midwest.  I should never see clan tags that say BRA, PERU, GUAT, ARG, etc.   Sadly, that's all I see....game after game. 

I live in United Arab Emirates, so the lag is more palpable in my case.  Drugs (again, legal) were the only way to tolerate this game.

One thing I won't miss is that I would actually play co-op arena legit most of the time, up to the point where a troll joins the game and teamkills over and over, or hog the idol.  Multitudinous grief reports do not help, and neither do tweets.   It is frustrating because the game is already painful as is.  That is the thing I'm most glad to leave behind.  They can enjoy trolling their broken game and I hope they stay there forever and disappear into oblivion and irrelevance.  Of course, I do not wish these trolls harm, but at the same time I don't think I'd be sad if they were afflicted by an unfortunate turn of event in their lives.

(Yes, I do have that many trophies and yes, I am *that* fabulous.)
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (314 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
735 posts

Jul 16, 2013
IMO this was more of a trophy hunting obsession problem than a UC3 mp problem.

The mp was flawed yes but it was not forced on you to play it as long as you did.
[Kith] Since 2011
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (280 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1090 posts

Jul 16, 2013
^Exactly

And most of these trolls are 9 year old kids who's don't spoil them and don't give a **bleep** about what they do. "Here, playing this game you want, as long as it makes you happy and keeps you occupied. I'm sure it's appropriate."

Yeah they're annoying, but after the fact, I don't sit around thinking about them.

Anyway man, I hope whatever hobby you get into next, you find more enjoyment along the way with it.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Jul 16, 2013
To be honest, the fact that your main complaint is trophies made the whole argument seem relatable only to people who care about trophies, and that's not everyone.

Trophies don't mean you like the game, or that the game's good. Vita's Welcome Park has trophies that people say are ridiculously easy but it still is, how do I say it, gimmicky **bleep**.

Games have this "stickiness factor". Some games just happen to be "sticky" for you even if it actually sucks (eg this game) and some happen to be "nonsticky" (or in a sense a crappy game) even if majority likes it (eg Skyrim).
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
62 posts

Jul 17, 2013
What happen to just playing games for fun. I really wish ps3 wouldn't have trophies
Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (222 Views)
Welcoming Committee
13001 posts

Jul 18, 2013

Guy has a point.

The trophies for Uncharted 3 are quite possibly on par with that of Socom Confrontation. worst sets ever.

Someone should have been fired over that.

But the game itself? Eh.. Trophies aside it's enjoyable at times.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (176 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9809 posts

Jul 18, 2013
Oh the trophies are hell definitely. All trophies are hell to me. I never collect all treasures in SP, I don't do the easter egg trophies on purpose, etc etc.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (170 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jul 19, 2013

In my opinion, trophies ruin this game.

photo jordansig2_zps3e78193b.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Jul 22, 2013
Trophies? There are trophies? And here I was trying to kill my opponents and get the win. How stupid I was. I could have "grinded" for a year+ smh
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (106 Views)