photo sig_zpsfya567e6.jpg
Message 11 of 33 (501 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
395 posts

Re: Flynn's M9 or Marlowe's M9 ?

Aug 9, 2013

AKyemeni wrote:
Use the M9 with Rate of Fire. You'll kill your opponents in less time, but you'll have to master its recoil.

It's not fast enough to justify the recoil nerf (anymore).  Assuming perfect accuracy, it beats all other automatics aside from the KAL RoF by one miserable bullet, so if you can't control it, the M9 is actually made worse by the mod.  It's one of the better reasons I have for using Daredevil, so I don't have to risk dealing with this crap.

As for my preferred M9 (disregarding Weapon Expert Gold), well let me just go through them as listed:

1. Jade - Preferred by a mile, best of all worlds (best recoil, best clip, best reload...)
  2. Spyder's - If I didn't care about reload speed, had no Call Out hat, and were using a loadout lacking Daredevil, this would be great.  As-is, it sucks for me.
  3. Marlowe's - My go-to when I don't use Daredevil in an M9 loadout.
  4. Flynn's - The other case of sucks for lacking the Reload Speed mod.  It would be on top since it's otherwise the best M9 in the game, but I've died too many times reloading in 1v1's to go without that mod.
  5. Chloe's - I used to use this a lot before I switched to the AK... and realized the power of Clip Size... and got that particular Camo Cap. :\

FYI, I main the AK now, but my feelings on the mods aren't particularly different.

Message 12 of 33 (497 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11297 posts

Aug 9, 2013

CASHNOUT123 wrote:

So the M9 isn't a good gun? I should use some type of AK maybe?

It is a good gun, between the two you chose i'd say Marlowe's.

Message 13 of 33 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

Marlowe's M9 is my favorite M9. However, with the way the game (unfortunately) is at the moment, Flynn's M9 is probably the best M9 in the game Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 33 (463 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I personally only use FN allowed guns so I either use Navarro's AK or Marlowe's M9.

Bang Bang!

Message 15 of 33 (457 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 9, 2013

I prefer neither of these, but Jade M9 is good except for the recoil, which is why I use E3 AK, it's just like Jade M9 but better. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 33 (451 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Erm... Weapon Expert AK (RS, Accuracy) or Chloe's M9.

Of course if you hate killsteals just do with Marlowe's. 128 bullets? lol. More please.

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 17 of 33 (442 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Aug 9, 2013

I was looking for this topic to be brought up.

Doesn't anyone else feel the recoil on guns with clip size is worse than those without?  For me, it's not a massive difference between let's say Jade's M9 and Marlowe's M9, but I feel I can take on anyone from any distance with Marlowe's; not so much with Jade's M9.  

Let's take playing a TDM in Temple, for example.  If I go to the lower level at the beginning of the game, I'm able to take guys out who are on the other hallway across from the middle column if I use Marlowe's M9.  Jade's M9?  I'd have to go a bit closer.

When playing against guys with good accuracy, getting as many shots in as posisble is crucial for me, so having a lot of bullets in my clip but not always hitting them because of the recoil does nothing for me.  I'd rather be accurate and just dodge bullets when I run out with Fleet Foot/evasive maneuvers than have to deal with the vertical recoil of Jade M9/Flynn's etc.

I guess the FN pros do so well with Jade's M9 because the recoil is predictable (always vertical), but I can also see why OmG! for example prefer Marlowe's M9; i.e., since they always attack in (at least) pairs, running out of bullets isn't so bad. 

What do you guys think? 

Message 18 of 33 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Aug 9, 2013

Perry-_-Pong wrote:

I was looking for this topic to be brought up.

Doesn't anyone else feel the recoil on guns with clip size is worse than those without?  For me, it's not a massive difference between let's say Jade's M9 and Marlowe's M9, but I feel I can take on anyone from any distance with Marlowe's; not so much with Jade's M9.  

Let's take playing a TDM in Temple, for example.  If I go to the lower level at the beginning of the game, I'm able to take guys out who are on the other hallway across from the middle column if I use Marlowe's M9.  Jade's M9?  I'd have to go a bit closer.

When playing against guys with good accuracy, getting as many shots in as posisble is crucial for me, so having a lot of bullets in my clip but not always hitting them because of the recoil does nothing for me.  I'd rather be accurate and just dodge bullets when I run out with Fleet Foot/evasive maneuvers than have to deal with the vertical recoil of Jade M9/Flynn's etc.

I guess the FN pros do so well with Jade's M9 because the recoil is predictable (always vertical), but I can also see why OmG! for example prefer Marlowe's M9; i.e., since they always attack in (at least) pairs, running out of bullets isn't so bad. 

What do you guys think? 

It's not the recoil, it's the sensitivity. Each character gun has its' own sensitivity. The Jade's is a lot higher than Marlowe's, Flynn's and Chloe's.

It basically goes:

Jade > Flynn > Marlowe > Chloe

[Jade has most and it's going down in descending order. So many other people get the <>'s wrong.]

Bang Bang!

Message 19 of 33 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2362 posts

Aug 10, 2013
^ Is this true?
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending"
Message 20 of 33 (389 Views)
0 Likes