Sackboy
381 posts

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

I gotta hand it to Naughty Dog, I didn't think they would be supporting Uncharted 3 with another patch, a highly demanded one to say the least.

Looking through the patch notes, I noticed there aren't any fixes for party splits, and free losses.

So NAT type 3 hosts will continue to kick out everyone out of the match if they become host, the airwalk and other glitching techniques don't seem to be adressed.

Also, ragequiting before the voting screen still works, avoiding a loss against a party of 5, but most likely still splitting that party up..

BUT, the overal gameplay experience has been improved and I will definitely be returning to Uncharted 3, for a while at least.

Message 11 of 48 (575 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Oct 30, 2013
NAT Type 3 can actually host a game? In GTA Onlind they're always forced into an empty session.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 12 of 48 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
70 posts

Oct 30, 2013

@Aureilia I don't comment very often (if ever, lol), but I've been with the forums for a very long time and am familiar with your critical style of posting. Even though I don't always agree with your reasoning, it's for the most part well thought out and constructive which is a welcome drop in the sea of argumentless 'nerf this' and 'buff that' whiny threads.

This patch brought a much needed breath of fresh air into U3, and I hope the positive gameplay changes along with free map packs and matchmaking optimisations are going to reinvigorate the decreasing player pool and breathe new life into multiplayer. My only concerns are the inability to throwback Mega and Cluster (I know that if someone returns them you wasted a kickback, but people have learned to throw them using walls, ceilings etc. and you still had the chance to retaliate which is now completely gone) and the booster distribution to some extent, but even if everything stays as it is now I'll be more than happy since the sheer amount of much needed positivity this patch brought into the community heavily outweighs everything else. Hopefully this will attract some new players and those who left will return to give the game another chance.

Happy b-day U3, may you live a long, long life! <3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Message 13 of 48 (564 Views)
Last Guardian
11295 posts

Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:
Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?

Fix the booster glitch where people can stack the same booster twice.

Message 14 of 48 (521 Views)
Sackboy
381 posts

Oct 30, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:
NAT Type 3 can actually host a game? In GTA Onlind they're always forced into an empty session.

In some rare occassions, the game decides a NAT type 3 player should become host. So yes, they can.... but like I said, it kicks everyone but the host out of the match, so yeah. It depends how you look at it.

Message 15 of 48 (519 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14139 posts

Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?

Sprint:

It's stopped a lot of the zig zagrushers, but in a previous patch you had stopping power which stopped people from evading the death they had earned by putting themselves in stupid positions.

I put myself in silly positions sometimes, I don't run away though. I feel like that would be cheating against the death I should get for being so stupid.

But previously you could still zigzag hipfire with that. So it was the lesser of two evils and I could accept it, This is the same case now. I can live with how it is because one tool is unavailable to those who just cheapen the way to use sprint.

I can accept it how it is, but the further improvement would be the previous stopping power that we had. Some would probably disagree with that and they probably like that they can get away from death in a game, I understand. I don't think it should be allowed though, I always saw sprint the way I've seen it used in Gears of War and Blood Stone, it's a means to get yourself into the action faster, or to get to an objective faster. I don't think run away should really be a tactic that should be allowed.

I don't know, others may see it totally differently to me, I just don't think you should be able to simply hold a button and escape your death.

But as I previously said. I can live with how it is, Well I could live with how it was.. If I had to but I honestly have nothing but happy thoughts with how this patch has gone down.

I feel like even by posting this I've been ungrateful for the efforts gone into this patch which isn't really the case. It's the first patch I've been absolutely thrilled with.

Message 16 of 48 (506 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

There's always room for improvement: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/UNCHARTED-3-Drake-s-Deception/Everything-that-s-missing-was-d...

I highlighted all the features/ mechanics I miss most but I'll only list here what definitely would be important to make this game almost even better than the summer beta (and still possible to tweak, I don't expect stuff like intros/outros to return):

1. Lower recoil for Turrets and the PAK-80 (still in co-op)
  2. "Earthquake effect" when meleeing someone (still in co-op)
  3. UC2 style aim assist (basically lower the sticky aim assist on Dragon Sniper and T-Bolt, it makes aiming harder not easier currently-> reticule always stays behind aiming/following on an sprinting enemy, this is really frustrating)
  4. Useful sliding into Cover(I don't expect this to be coded back in,but maybe you still have the resource to make it happen?
  5. Being able to high five and getting stealth kills on stairs and uneven ground!

Point 3. and 5. being the last big gameplay related problems right now. If you guys would do another last patch tweaking that and resetting the changed booster slots to how they where before the patch (you may be aware of the double booster issue now and the slots they where in 1st where fine IMO) then the game would have truly surpassed the Summer beta.

Edit: Reducing the KAL-7 recoil would be a good idea too so it's aimable and please replace the SAS or add a PAK-80 to Dry Docks...the Brute in the campaign used a Pak-80 and there's neither one on Graveyard or Dry Docks.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 17 of 48 (485 Views)
Treasure Hunter
7489 posts

Oct 30, 2013

LOL looks like a script for a commercial. Are you advertising UC3? O.o nice job Smiley Very Happy

Sleep Matt signature
Message 18 of 48 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3480 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Love the way the leaderboards are! Plus in Uncharted 4, do not have leaderboards or stat cards as this makes people do anything game-breaking just to get good pixelated numbers. 

Message 19 of 48 (470 Views)
Fender Bender
3197 posts

Oct 30, 2013

jayjay275 wrote:

Love the way the leaderboards are! Plus in Uncharted 4, do not have leaderboards or stat cards as this makes people do anything game-breaking just to get good pixelated numbers. 

Agreed even though I still think we should have stat card but it's only visible for us to see.

Message 20 of 48 (463 Views)
0 Likes