Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 30 2013
By: Aureilia Welcoming Committee 13260 posts

For ND and everyone returning and new players.

47 replies 676 views Edited Oct 30, 2013

This will be something totally different to what I'm used to doing so give me a break if it comes off way out of my character.

Patch 1.18 has just hit and has definately made some changes, some moving backwards similar to what the game used to be but with a more balanced tone without certain aspects.

Gone are the days of horrible aim assist on weapons that gave you kills, gone for the most part is the disgusting recoil that gave many people motion sickness and gone, well mostly is the ability to hipfire and sprint your way out of anything, I say mostly, It's not perfect but it's way better than it was.

There are many people who will be returning to try out the new map and many people who may have not played the game yet and will try it soon after hearing about a game with loads of maps and stuff to do absolutely free.

The latest patch addresses issues such as throwbacks? Didn't know that was an issue but eh.. Okay I get it, kickbacks being thrown back at you is a waste of a kickback, makes sense I guess.

The G-MAL was awesome then patched to be redundant and now it's well.. Useful depending on the map. Like it probably should have been all along.

The FAL-SS is usable. WOO!!! Finally gone is that recoil. The gun is finally playable without having aim assist throw you everywhere or having no aim assist and it just throwing itself everywhere with recoil. There is some recoil. but it's not as jarring and violent. It doesn't make me feel ill. That's a good thing.

The most important aspects of the changes I'd say were to sprint though. That thing was game breaking since the Subway beta, okay it's not 100% right at the moment but watching people struggle to zig zag into your path is absolutely hilarious. That is how it always should have been intended, although not perfectly executed it's an improvement.

I don't like writing stuff like this because it's way out of character but.. ND..

A non sarcastic clap for you this time, well done. It's actually pretty well crafted this time.

Anyone who has left. Come back, try it out see what it's like for you now, anyone who is thinking about downloading the free to play version? It's free? Why not? and it has many maps to play with an experience now way above a majority of F2P titles available.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 48 (676 Views)
Treasure Hunter
3703 posts

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013
I haven't played it yet, but I was impressed with the list of changes. I feel it was too late, but I guess better late than never.

I, as well as many co-op players knew the Old Quarter was available for Co-op as well as other maps (bar Graveyard and now Dry Docks even though I haven't played it).

I still feel other CMP maps that are not playable in co-op CAN work, they may be small and tight, but they CAN work.

Still a step forward I guess, but I hope this level of improvement is there from the beginning in U4, and have ALL MAP available for Co-op.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 48 (657 Views)
Fender Bender
2406 posts

Oct 30, 2013

I was most looking forward to your thoughts on this patch & ND must have done well to get a thread like this outta you. :smileytongue:

But I agree with everything you said, I'm just hoping they can find a way to resolve the current booster disaster & then it will be all good, can't wait to try out yhe FAL & G-Mal to see how they handle now.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 48 (645 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
521 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

This will be something totally different to what I'm used to doing so give me a break if it comes off way out of my character.

Patch 1.18 has just hit and has definately made some changes, some moving backwards similar to what the game used to be but with a more balanced tone without certain aspects.

Gone are the days of horrible aim assist on weapons that gave you kills, gone for the most part is the disgusting recoil that gave many people motion sickness and gone, well mostly is the ability to hipfire and sprint your way out of anything, I say mostly, It's not perfect but it's way better than it was.

There are many people who will be returning to try out the new map and many people who may have not played the game yet and will try it soon after hearing about a game with loads of maps and stuff to do absolutely free.

The latest patch addresses issues such as throwbacks? Didn't know that was an issue but eh.. Okay I get it, kickbacks being thrown back at you is a waste of a kickback, makes sense I guess.

The G-MAL was awesome then patched to be redundant and now it's well.. Useful depending on the map. Like it probably should have been all along.

The FAL-SS is usable. WOO!!! Finally gone is that recoil. The gun is finally playable without having aim assist throw you everywhere or having no aim assist and it just throwing itself everywhere with recoil. There is some recoil. but it's not as jarring and violent. It doesn't make me feel ill. That's a good thing.

The most important aspects of the changes I'd say were to sprint though. That thing was game breaking since the Subway beta, okay it's not 100% right at the moment but watching people struggle to zig zag into your path is absolutely hilarious. That is how it always should have been intended, although not perfectly executed it's an improvement.

I don't like writing stuff like this because it's way out of character but.. ND..

A non sarcastic clap for you this time, well done. It's actually pretty well crafted this time.

Anyone who has left. Come back, try it out see what it's like for you now, anyone who is thinking about downloading the free to play version? It's free? Why not? and it has many maps to play with an experience now way above a majority of F2P titles available.

Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 48 (635 Views)
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?

Bring back hardcore mode, none-the-less though, this is the best technical fixing patch I've seen. Cheers.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 48 (623 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

From what I've seen the sprint change is hardly noticeable, but at least they finally nerfed the **bleep** blindfire disaster that should've been fixed 1 month after release top.

Whatever, I forgot this game's existence long time ago and I can't believe they're doing this now. I guess it's a good thing though considering they made long time requested changes at last.

I just hope they translate well to the game. Being Naughty Dog I fear blindfire is actually nearly untouched.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 48 (617 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3561 posts

Oct 30, 2013
I haven't played enough to have any complaints. I do notice that blindfire is not as prevalent or at,least not as effective. Good job there. The new Map is fun and comes up a lot in matchmaking. I need to try out the fixed weapons tonight and play with my leaflets. So far so good.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 48 (612 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3561 posts

Oct 30, 2013
Loadouts*
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 48 (608 Views)
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
521 posts

Oct 30, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

From what I've seen the sprint change is hardly noticeable, but at least they finally nerfed the **bleep** blindfire disaster that should've been fixed 1 month after release top.

Whatever, I forgot this game's existence long time ago and I can't believe they're doing this now. I guess it's a good thing though considering they made long time requested changes at last.

I just hope they translate well to the game. Being Naughty Dog I fear blindfire is actually nearly untouched.

You should play it before making judgements. Sprint and blindfire have definitely been touched.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 48 (606 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9949 posts

Oct 30, 2013
So, thanks mac. Love ya man. If you're playing GTA Online, you're allowed to access my cars. That much love. :smileyhappy:

Side note: can I keep mocking Classic mode and praising HC, or are the Classic people back?
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 48 (601 Views)
0 Likes