Reply
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 06/16/2010
Offline
395 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?


I have a small list myself:

 

  • Since it's available in LAN Party anyway, how about re-adding Old Quarter to available Custom Hunter maps?  You may have your reasons for cutting it from matchmaking games, but that shouldn't mean we can't play it at all, even if it is unbalanced. (if it freezes the game regularly or there's another dangerous bug with the map, I could understand that, but if it works, and it seems to from the short time I played it...)
  • Co-op Hunter: Raise unarmored Hunter health and swap the respawn timers for Heroes and Hunters.  The low health scares a lot of people away when Hunters have so little to fight back with already, but the larger problem lies with respawns.  Heroes get 7 seconds at worst, and can drive that down to the 2 second minimum with Back In The Saddle Gold.  Hunters, who have no booster access, are stuck with a 15 second timer.  Those times should be reversed so that Heroes are justly punished for dying when they have such huge advantages at their disposal instead of Hunters being kicked when they're down for failing to fight virtually from on their knees.
  • Reset everyone's loadouts on the next update to clear out inappropriate boosters.  I know how inconvenient this would be for everyone, but if it's possible, it needs to be done.  It'll save you guys the headache of having to fix a bug that would otherwise go unseen, and us players from encountering unfair loadouts.  I suspect, unfortunately, that this isn't possible, or it would already be done.
  • Unless health was set to something unlisted, Hardcore mode could be perfectly recreated in a custom TDM if we had a No Weapon Mods variation to choose from in Advanced Settings.  I didn't check today, but I know no such option existed pre-1.18.
  • The lack of Cinema deletion warning is my only real complaint thus far, as there was no excuse for not giving ample heads-up on the matter.  Next time, could you deliver the warning via the message of the day?  I realize that "next time" will probably be Uncharted 4's 1.01 patch at the earliest, but the MotD reaches everyone, not just those that visit social media sites and the forums.

I'm fine with the game otherwise, I liked most of the changes.

Message 21 of 48 (465 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 07/07/2011
Offline
266 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

I played a few hours for the first time last night since TLOU came out. Had a great time. It is truly a whole different energy than TLOU. Both are my favorite games ever. Thank You ND.

Message 22 of 48 (429 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2009
Offline
5184 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

Pleased overall. Will take some time to readjust but it now makes waiting for my PS4 even less painful. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 48 (395 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 06/05/2010
Offline
621 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

Thanks for all of the positive responses, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we won't be doing any more major changes or patches (we cannot force loadout resets or force downloads of all the DLC maps). We are going to let this patch marinate for awhile before entertaining any other small gameplay changes. In the meantime, I would love to hear your feedback about the updates, especially the weapon changes. Thanks!

Message 24 of 48 (387 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 10/23/2010
Offline
331 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Thanks for all of the positive responses, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we won't be doing any more major changes or patches (we cannot force loadout resets or force downloads of all the DLC maps). We are going to let this patch marinate for awhile before entertaining any other small gameplay changes. In the meantime, I would love to hear your feedback about the updates, especially the weapon changes. Thanks!


Does that mean you can't change boosters back to their original slots with a live update? 

 

Booster stacking, and people still using boosters in their old slots really needs to be addressed.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 25 of 48 (371 Views)
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1251 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

First time playing UC3 in about half a year, moved onto TLOU (which we all know is a great MP... Smiley Wink )

 

Some comments coming back from such a long hiatus:

 

  • I'm so glad to be able to get into Classic Mode games, at least for now.  Before I left UC3, it was impossible to find a game.  Only on weekends and some weeknights could I find a match.  Classic mode is the only mode I play and is the best mode IMO.  Less BS nonsense like kickbacks, power plays, RoF mods.  Less to rage about, more about pure skill.  More to learn about the maps and where stuff spawns.
  • Took me half a day to get somewhat adjusted to the controls.  I kept throwing grenades, thinking I was running (pressing L2), kept crouching and trying to listen for enemies.  Even navigating the menus took me awhile to remember.  
  • Going from TLOU to UC3 feels like going from UC3 to CoD.  The fast(er) pace of UC3 seems so hectic and mindless in a fun sort of way. 
  • It's a fun change of pace going from tactical and precision with low amounts of ammo going to run and gun with an endless supply of bullets
  • The graphics in UC3 are vastly inferior to TLOU's graphics.  This is probably because UC3 plays much faster and the PS3's hardware can't handle that detailed of graphics and animation if the game is too fast pace.  TLOU is much a slower paced game and vastly more detailed, but when things get hectic with alot of action and animation, the PS3's hardware gets heavily taxed and the animation a tad choppy.  I'm willing to be UC4 MP will have TLOU style graphics AND be easily able to process the quicker pace of UC3.
  • You don't really need a mic in UC3.  However in TLOU, it's far more advantageous if you have one and your team does.
  • Dry Docks is fun wide open map.  Not the best map to play on and sure not the prettiest, but way better than Graveyard.  A map I loathe.
  • Can't really comment in depth on the gameplay changes and the gun balancing since I've been away for so long.  The FAL and the GMAL do have a lot less recoil from what I remember.  I have no idea which gun is going to be the new "OP" gun.  Maybe the FAL?
  • Seems to be less blindfiring in the 15 matches or so that I played, at least players weren't circling firing like mad.  I did get whacked and rolled a few times.

 

The TLOU MP is where it's at for me, but since Classic mode seems to have somewhat of a good player pool, I just might come back to UC3.  At least once in awhile.

 

 

 

Message 26 of 48 (367 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/06/2011
Offline
4523 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013
Unless the patch ends up having broken something entirely, dont bother with any more patches.

Spend your time finishing off U4, and making sure the same mistakes arent repeated.
Message 27 of 48 (363 Views)
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 12/29/2011
Offline
7531 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

First time playing UC3 in about half a year, moved onto TLOU (which we all know is a great MP... Smiley Wink )

 

Some comments coming back from such a long hiatus:

 

  • I'm so glad to be able to get into Classic Mode games, at least for now.  Before I left UC3, it was impossible to find a game.  Only on weekends and some weeknights could I find a match.  Classic mode is the only mode I play and is the best mode IMO.  Less BS nonsense like kickbacks, power plays, RoF mods.  Less to rage about, more about pure skill.  More to learn about the maps and where stuff spawns.
  • Took me half a day to get somewhat adjusted to the controls.  I kept throwing grenades, thinking I was running (pressing L2), kept crouching and trying to listen for enemies.  Even navigating the menus took me awhile to remember.  
  • Going from TLOU to UC3 feels like going from UC3 to CoD.  The fast(er) pace of UC3 seems so hectic and mindless in a fun sort of way. 
  • It's a fun change of pace going from tactical and precision with low amounts of ammo going to run and gun with an endless supply of bullets
  • The graphics in UC3 are vastly inferior to TLOU's graphics.  This is probably because UC3 plays much faster and the PS3's hardware can't handle that detailed of graphics and animation if the game is too fast pace.  TLOU is much a slower paced game and vastly more detailed, but when things get hectic with alot of action and animation, the PS3's hardware gets heavily taxed and the animation a tad choppy.  I'm willing to be UC4 MP will have TLOU style graphics AND be easily able to process the quicker pace of UC3.
  • You don't really need a mic in UC3.  However in TLOU, it's far more advantageous if you have one and your team does.
  • Dry Docks is fun wide open map.  Not the best map to play on and sure not the prettiest, but way better than Graveyard.  A map I loathe.
  • Can't really comment in depth on the gameplay changes and the gun balancing since I've been away for so long.  The FAL and the GMAL do have a lot less recoil from what I remember.  I have no idea which gun is going to be the new "OP" gun.  Maybe the FAL?
  • Seems to be less blindfiring in the 15 matches or so that I played, at least players weren't circling firing like mad.  I did get whacked and rolled a few times.

 

The TLOU MP is where it's at for me, but since Classic mode seems to have somewhat of a good player pool, I just might come back to UC3.  At least once in awhile.

 

 

 


What? that comment makes no sense at all, Classic has the worst player pool in any online game in history.

Sleep Matt signature
Message 28 of 48 (362 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
Registered: 01/27/2012
Offline
1251 posts
 

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

SteepMatt wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

First time playing UC3 in about half a year, moved onto TLOU (which we all know is a great MP... Smiley Wink )

 

Some comments coming back from such a long hiatus:

 

  • I'm so glad to be able to get into Classic Mode games, at least for now.  Before I left UC3, it was impossible to find a game.  Only on weekends and some weeknights could I find a match.  Classic mode is the only mode I play and is the best mode IMO.  Less BS nonsense like kickbacks, power plays, RoF mods.  Less to rage about, more about pure skill.  More to learn about the maps and where stuff spawns.
  • Took me half a day to get somewhat adjusted to the controls.  I kept throwing grenades, thinking I was running (pressing L2), kept crouching and trying to listen for enemies.  Even navigating the menus took me awhile to remember.  
  • Going from TLOU to UC3 feels like going from UC3 to CoD.  The fast(er) pace of UC3 seems so hectic and mindless in a fun sort of way. 
  • It's a fun change of pace going from tactical and precision with low amounts of ammo going to run and gun with an endless supply of bullets
  • The graphics in UC3 are vastly inferior to TLOU's graphics.  This is probably because UC3 plays much faster and the PS3's hardware can't handle that detailed of graphics and animation if the game is too fast pace.  TLOU is much a slower paced game and vastly more detailed, but when things get hectic with alot of action and animation, the PS3's hardware gets heavily taxed and the animation a tad choppy.  I'm willing to be UC4 MP will have TLOU style graphics AND be easily able to process the quicker pace of UC3.
  • You don't really need a mic in UC3.  However in TLOU, it's far more advantageous if you have one and your team does.
  • Dry Docks is fun wide open map.  Not the best map to play on and sure not the prettiest, but way better than Graveyard.  A map I loathe.
  • Can't really comment in depth on the gameplay changes and the gun balancing since I've been away for so long.  The FAL and the GMAL do have a lot less recoil from what I remember.  I have no idea which gun is going to be the new "OP" gun.  Maybe the FAL?
  • Seems to be less blindfiring in the 15 matches or so that I played, at least players weren't circling firing like mad.  I did get whacked and rolled a few times.

 

The TLOU MP is where it's at for me, but since Classic mode seems to have somewhat of a good player pool, I just might come back to UC3.  At least once in awhile.

 

 

 


What? that comment makes no sense at all, Classic has the worst player pool in any online game in history.


Sorry I meant to say Classic mode has a healthier player pool than before.  I was able to get into full games within a minute or so.  Before it took like 20-30 minutes, if I could get into one at all.

Message 29 of 48 (354 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Survivor
Registered: 08/04/2011
Offline
2689 posts
 

Re: Things I don't like and solutions to what would make it better.

[ Edited ]
Oct 30, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

 

Can you explain the things you don't like and offer solutions to what you think would make it better?


yes I can.

 

 

Boosters

 

  • Slot 1 now has, Ammo Award, and Team Safe
  • Slot 2 now has, Explosive Shell Expert.          

Move Explosive Shell Expert back to slot 1 - its too powerfull.

Move Ammo Award and and move Team Safe back to slot 2 - they are not good enought for slot 1.

Move Revenge to slot one. = Balanced 2 for 2.

 

Also swap Endurance from slot 1 with Daredevil from slot 2.

 

 

 

 

Gameplay

 

- Remove Marked Man Power Play  - i.e. so that there are only 2 powerplays (3 per team per game is too much and the powerplay is not fair on the Marked Man) and ut Exposed Powerplay back to 40m (i never had a problem with exposed and I think thats fairer on the losing team).

 

 

Weapons

 

  • Further decrease recoil on FAL-SS (recoil is still too severe at range).
  • Raffica - increase its damage (there still no point to use the gun its weak - like the Tau was at launch)
  • The accuracy mod should be increased significantly on all guns its on (theres no point wasting a slot on it otherwise when you could have a character gun with a few mod slots
  • Tau is much improved, but i would love a smaller recticle(for more accuracy) similar to the Micro (instead of the shotgun one)

 

 

 

Medal Kickbacks

 

- Increase T-bolt cost to 12 medals

 

- Militia Man = should have infinite ammo for its duration and max ammo when its finished.

 

- Disruption = nearby enemys are cursed (instead of not seeing arrows)

 

Juggernaut  = speed and movement should be the exact same as when holding the PAK80 and the cost shouls be reduced to 9 medals.

 

-  SpeedyG = remove the constant glowing around the player from when you activate it (i.e. make it like all other kickbacks), - should be able to use sprint at anytime during its duration for a boost or else increase duration to 30 secs (currently have to be in a sprint when you activate it), - should increase climbing speed like it did in summer beta. 

 

 

might expand if i have time.

Message 30 of 48 (336 Views)
Reply
0 Likes