Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
7119 posts

Re: For ND and everyone returning and new players.

Oct 30, 2013

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

SteepMatt wrote:

TimeWarnerSux wrote:

First time playing UC3 in about half a year, moved onto TLOU (which we all know is a great MP... :smileywink: )

Some comments coming back from such a long hiatus:

• I'm so glad to be able to get into Classic Mode games, at least for now.  Before I left UC3, it was impossible to find a game.  Only on weekends and some weeknights could I find a match.  Classic mode is the only mode I play and is the best mode IMO.  Less BS nonsense like kickbacks, power plays, RoF mods.  Less to rage about, more about pure skill.  More to learn about the maps and where stuff spawns.
  • Took me half a day to get somewhat adjusted to the controls.  I kept throwing grenades, thinking I was running (pressing L2), kept crouching and trying to listen for enemies.  Even navigating the menus took me awhile to remember.  
  • Going from TLOU to UC3 feels like going from UC3 to CoD.  The fast(er) pace of UC3 seems so hectic and mindless in a fun sort of way. 
  • It's a fun change of pace going from tactical and precision with low amounts of ammo going to run and gun with an endless supply of bullets
  • The graphics in UC3 are vastly inferior to TLOU's graphics.  This is probably because UC3 plays much faster and the PS3's hardware can't handle that detailed of graphics and animation if the game is too fast pace.  TLOU is much a slower paced game and vastly more detailed, but when things get hectic with alot of action and animation, the PS3's hardware gets heavily taxed and the animation a tad choppy.  I'm willing to be UC4 MP will have TLOU style graphics AND be easily able to process the quicker pace of UC3.
  • You don't really need a mic in UC3.  However in TLOU, it's far more advantageous if you have one and your team does.
  • Dry Docks is fun wide open map.  Not the best map to play on and sure not the prettiest, but way better than Graveyard.  A map I loathe.
  • Can't really comment in depth on the gameplay changes and the gun balancing since I've been away for so long.  The FAL and the GMAL do have a lot less recoil from what I remember.  I have no idea which gun is going to be the new "OP" gun.  Maybe the FAL?
  • Seems to be less blindfiring in the 15 matches or so that I played, at least players weren't circling firing like mad.  I did get whacked and rolled a few times.

The TLOU MP is where it's at for me, but since Classic mode seems to have somewhat of a good player pool, I just might come back to UC3.  At least once in awhile.

What? that comment makes no sense at all, Classic has the worst player pool in any online game in history.

Sorry I meant to say Classic mode has a healthier player pool than before.  I was able to get into full games within a minute or so.  Before it took like 20-30 minutes, if I could get into one at all.

I'd venture to say its because of the new map and people wanna try the patch out after that it will return to normal

Sleep Matt signature
Message 31 of 48 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Oct 30, 2013

Truth be told, note taking is fine but I wouldn't apply any new changes until at least a couple of weeks have past. Maybe a month at least.

Too early to make any big changes similar to this patch again unless something was severely making this game unbalanced. Boosters are probably the closest it could get.

Message 32 of 48 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13537 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

Thanks for all of the positive responses, we really appreciate it. Unfortunately, we won't be doing any more major changes or patches (we cannot force loadout resets or force downloads of all the DLC maps). We are going to let this patch marinate for awhile before entertaining any other small gameplay changes. In the meantime, I would love to hear your feedback about the updates, especially the weapon changes. Thanks!

It's cool.  I honestly didn't expect this kind of patch at this stage as it is anyway.

I have three issues, but I'm not sure they are even issues well at least two anyway, I could just absolutely suck with the weapons because it's now really hard to say if it's me or if it's the game.

Whenever I see the Para 9 being used it's always as a hipfire tool. I don't see many people aiming it, I don't know if it's the recticule or it's the accuracy being too low or it could even just be me being bad with it. But it's always felt kind of like everything has aim assist while the Para 9 feels like it doesn't have any. Either way I assume many others see it this way too because they are all hipfire steel fisting with it.

I like the G-MAL now, but I still feel as if it needs more aim assist at distance, once again though like the above, maybe I just need time to adjust to how it's handling, I can't say I've tried either the G-MAL or Para being aimed that often due to how the game was being played before everything was hipfire and steel fisting to win.

The last issue is with the M9. I haven't tried the KAL 

At about 8:27 I see a guy and he's actually too close to aim at imo, but still the way the M9 is tracking him without aiming is pretty high hipfire accuracy. Maybe that could be changed because I'd imagine that still wont please a lot of people.

If things can't be done I don't really mind though. I'm still happy.

Message 33 of 48 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1194 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

At about 8:27 I see a guy and he's actually too close to aim at imo, but still the way the M9 is tracking him without aiming is pretty high hipfire accuracy. Maybe that could be changed because I'd imagine that still wont please a lot of people.

I knew it. Same **bleep** as ever.

Thank god I watched that, now I don't have to bother downloading the patch.

Message 34 of 48 (261 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13537 posts

Oct 31, 2013

NeVeO wrote:

Aureilia wrote:

I knew it. Same **bleep** as ever.

It actually isn't too bad. I mean sure the hipfire with the M9 still looks like a problem, but the other weapons have certainly improved the game.

Message 35 of 48 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11123 posts

Oct 31, 2013

MacGruber310 wrote:

feedback about the updates, especially the weapon changes.

I LOVE the new G-MAL. Thank you so much MacGruber (and ND). <3

NeVeO wrote:

You should try it out for yourself before judging, the game is much better after 1.18.

Message 36 of 48 (222 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1435 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 31, 2013

renatabls wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

NeVeO wrote:

You should try it out for yourself before judging, the game is much better after 1.18.

I have a cinema saved on chateau where I beat M9 blindfire + whack n' roll rushers in CQC with G-Mal aiming only! You shouldn't judge the game from 1 video. I'm gonna record and upload it if you don't believe me.

Edit: Also because of the reduced recoil of the G-Mal, the stopping power works better with it now as you have an easier time landing the 1st burst shot with it. I wonder if this patch also fixed the stopping power, regeneration,...stat hats.

--------ND/SCEE: UNCENSOR TLOU EU MP ALREADY!--------
----Greetings from Sony Censortainment Network Europe----
------------------Join my GTA V crew "ND forums"!-------------------

Message 37 of 48 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
277 posts

Oct 31, 2013

I'm a returning player. I was excited to hear about the free dlc and huge balance update. My skills are a bit rusty but..the game kinda feels the same to me.

Hipfire is still deadly, M9 is still deadly and most used, so to me it doesn't seem like it changed much. Maybe it's because I'm a FAL user, who knows. Didn't really notice anything different with the FAL, seems the same to me as well.

Message 38 of 48 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2448 posts

Oct 31, 2013

Psyschock wrote:

renatabls wrote:

MacGruber310 wrote:

NeVeO wrote:

I have a cinema saved on chateau where I beat M9 blindfire + whack n' roll rushers in CQC with G-Mal aiming only! You shouldn't judge the game from 1 video. I'm gonna record and upload it if you don't believe me.

Edit: Also because of the reduced recoil of the G-Mal, the stopping power works better with it now as you have an easier time landing the 1st burst shot with it. I wonder if this patch also fixed the stopping power, regeneration,...stat hats.

I can confirm Regeneration is still broken. 

Message 39 of 48 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
498 posts

Oct 31, 2013

wycliff_12 wrote:

jayjay275 wrote:

Love the way the leaderboards are! Plus in Uncharted 4, do not have leaderboards or stat cards as this makes people do anything game-breaking just to get good pixelated numbers. 

Agreed even though I still think we should have stat card but it's only visible for us to see.

Agree.  I like to be able to see my stats just for my own personal sense of actually accomplishing something....even as trivial as it is.

I think the stat card is still a good idea....Would even like to see it expanded a bit so you could see more information on your console screen without having to login online...medals, weapon kills, gametypes played, etc, etc.

Overall though, decent update.  I don't quite get the rationale for moving the boosters around....But appreciate that the game is still getting some attention and can appreciate their efforts.

Message 40 of 48 (167 Views)
0 Likes