Wastelander
650 posts

Re: For Uncharted 4, Should ND Go Back to Basic Loadouts or Custom?

Feb 12, 2013

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SjShane wrote:
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like it if they let us pick loadouts, but also had all the weapons spawn across the maps.

They would have to make it so it couldn't refill ammo for your modded weapon, but it would spice things up a little, and would save having to die if you wanted to change weapons. And it couldn't offer too much advantage either since they would have no mods.

I like this idea.

If possible, we could do it HC mode (no mods, no weapons scattered around, but you can pick up other people's weps). It worked fine for me, since no matter what gun variant you use, if it's the same gun essentially (Chloe's and Marlowe's), you get ammo.

Yes, they should bring back HC mode but with No Power Weapons added to make it more skill-based.

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 21 of 30 (308 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3341 posts

Feb 12, 2013
Kickbacks should stay actually what needs to be abolished is that loadout that allows you to get kickbacks faster.
Message 22 of 30 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2305 posts

Feb 12, 2013

If UC4 even gets made, I'd like for ND to bring back UC2's multiplayer as a whole, and have one mode with a UC3 style to it.

The mode can have everything UC3's multiplayer had, while every other mode will be simple and classic.

Message 23 of 30 (273 Views)
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Sitrongr wrote:

TheStuntDouble wrote:

SjShane wrote:
Call me crazy, but I'd actually like it if they let us pick loadouts, but also had all the weapons spawn across the maps.

They would have to make it so it couldn't refill ammo for your modded weapon, but it would spice things up a little, and would save having to die if you wanted to change weapons. And it couldn't offer too much advantage either since they would have no mods.

I like this idea.

If possible, we could do it HC mode (no mods, no weapons scattered around, but you can pick up other people's weps). It worked fine for me, since no matter what gun variant you use, if it's the same gun essentially (Chloe's and Marlowe's), you get ammo.

Yes, they should bring back HC mode but with No Power Weapons added to make it more skill-based.

I'm fine with that. I never get a chance to get PWs anyway since everyone rushes there.

I do like how the SAS hogs freak out when they shoot me and not get the kill because it only does 100% DMG (HC is 140 or something).

Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 24 of 30 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 12, 2013

GamerAlexz wrote:

They should remove any mods that increase whatever to a gun. (Like blindfire, rof, and accuracy.) 

Stuff that do not effect the gun, like scope zoom and more ammo and call-out should stay. 

agreed, and obviously reload speed and clip size should stay aswell.

people will probably not understand this and might hate me for it but imo i think it would be better if there were no mods on character weapons by default - i.e. - flynns m9 shouldnt come with blindfire accuracy + clip size mods by default, it should not have mods by default imo unless it was limited to one mod - i.e. only one of the following - max ammo, clip size, reload speed, scope zoom and call out - they would ok).

you should have to select and put the mods on the character guns the same as with default guns (and if a character gun were to have max ammo by default then the mod(s) you pick is added to it)

in UC3 the presence of character weapons makes modding guns reduntant, its only good for ROF or accuracy or a combination ROF/accuracy + extra mod (Weapons Expert) which we agree should both be removed/not be present in the future.

this would help gameplay variety imo and would also make Weapons Expert valuable without ROF and Accuracy.

Message 25 of 30 (219 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2689 posts

Feb 12, 2013

gunnsandwiches42 wrote:

i can take or leave loadouts, but KICKBACKS SHOULD BE ABOLISHED

this im not so sure of, they were fun in the beta where there was only RPG that was a power weapon.

there should definitely not be any power weapon or quickboom kickbacks,

i think the likes of speedyG, militia-man, disruption, grenades (not sure about mega & cluster bombs) are ok.

Message 26 of 30 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1934 posts

Feb 12, 2013

Custom load-outs are great they bring more variety in playstyles if weapons were actually balanced. Other than that I would love to see the MP40 again in a new Uncharted. As for kickbacks just get rid of quick boom.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 27 of 30 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2402 posts

Feb 12, 2013
I like that you can switch boosters in game, and I'm fine with mods and guns too. But certain combo's sill always OP. I totally don't like kickbacks :/
Message 28 of 30 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3872 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I prefer U2's way but don't mind U3's loadout system.

Message 29 of 30 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Welcoming Committee
14267 posts

Feb 12, 2013

I preferred having pickups in Uncharted 2.

It balanced the game much better as everyone started on an even playing field, in Uncharted 3 that doesn't happen and can never happen due to the loadout system, loads of other games have it and that is why none of them will ever be fully balanced.

Uncharted 2 was pretty well balanced even after the patches, not like the weapon damage changed, it was only the health.

The only way you can balance a game with loadouts is to make everything kill at identical times with identical damage scales which would also be quite stupid.

Uncharted 2 was a throwback to Quake, Unreal and many other games which adapted the idea of if you want a stronger weapon, go and get it. Which is what fits so well in Uncharted for me, the game is exploration offline, so why you'd take that away online makes little sense to me.

Message 30 of 30 (171 Views)
0 Likes