Jul 26 2013
By: LifeLongFrenzy Uncharted Territory 1310 posts

Forums = Dead

27 replies 527 views Edited Jul 26, 2013

Uc2 all over again. . . .

" I did not tell half of what I saw. For i knew i would not be believed " - Marco Polo 1324.
Message 1 of 28 (527 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Re: Forums = Dead

Jul 26, 2013

That's why people (me) make threads which don't usually have to do with anything at all with Uncharted 3. Even if the mods lock it, it won't be for a few days and by then we would have all talked about it a bit. You can't say that I don't make useless threads for no reason, it helped towards people arguing with me about making useless threads and basically, forums are mainly for arguing Smiley Tongue

Basically, we need more useless threads if no one is going to post anything very relevant and if we want to keep these forums somewhat alive.

Bang Bang!

Message 2 of 28 (519 Views)
Fender Bender
2971 posts

Jul 26, 2013

Blame TLoU. New= superior, right? Everywhere you look in U3 now, you see a noob.

photo Steak_zps70cec71c.jpg
Message 3 of 28 (506 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2047 posts

Jul 26, 2013

This forum died quickly lol

EminentFury= GOAT Debater/intellectual Conservative.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

34gau1c.jpg

Message 4 of 28 (483 Views)
Highlighted
Fender Bender
2220 posts

Jul 26, 2013
From what I've seen, The Last Of Us Mulitplayer is loosing players faster than Uncharted did within it's first few months of release... But the problem is, most people don't seem to be returning to Uncharted once they are done with TLOU. I can't wait to see how quickly ND will ditch the game when it doesn't earn them enough money from microtransactions.

As for the forums, less people are posting because ND will probably never patch the game again, (Well, not for anything important, we might get patch 1.20 for a No Head hat) so any complaints and ideas are useless, for now at least.
Pepsi
Message 5 of 28 (463 Views)
Last Guardian
11242 posts

Jul 26, 2013
This forum needed to die... the community was terrible.

Nerf this and nerf that... now look at U3 now.

Message 6 of 28 (404 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Jul 26, 2013

I'll admit. People whinged about things which didn't need nerfing but the things that did they whinged about too late. They whinged about the FAL and KAL damage. Most people don't even use those guns. It's just the whingers who don't know how to take them out. They could have made the FAL a 4 shot. Hell, I'm sure that if ND made it a 10 shot to kill with the FAL, nobody will say anything.

Then they nerfed the G-MAL which was pointless. I can understand less Stopping Power but the reducing the damage was just not needed. Then there's blindfire. Nobody whinged about that because everyone who whinged were the people who were too cheap to aim. They were all the people running around with RoF on their M9s and blindfiring everything.

For Uncharted 4, if and when it comes out, they shouldn't listen to the public. They should grab some people from the Beta test who they think are responsible and get THEIR opinion. The people who always whinge about guns being too OP are the cause of the downfall of U2 and U3.

Bang Bang!

Message 7 of 28 (380 Views)
Survivor
2348 posts

Jul 27, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

I'll admit. People whinged about things which didn't need nerfing but the things that did they whinged about too late. They whinged about the FAL and KAL damage. Most people don't even use those guns. It's just the whingers who don't know how to take them out. They could have made the FAL a 4 shot. Hell, I'm sure that if ND made it a 10 shot to kill with the FAL, nobody will say anything.

Then they nerfed the G-MAL which was pointless. I can understand less Stopping Power but the reducing the damage was just not needed. Then there's blindfire. Nobody whinged about that because everyone who whinged were the people who were too cheap to aim. They were all the people running around with RoF on their M9s and blindfiring everything.

For Uncharted 4, if and when it comes out, they shouldn't listen to the public. They should grab some people from the Beta test who they think are responsible and get THEIR opinion. The people who always whinge about guns being too OP are the cause of the downfall of U2 and U3.

i'm here if they need me Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 28 (374 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
690 posts

Jul 27, 2013

xINESCAPABLEx wrote:

Not many use the FAL and KAL because they got nerfed! The KAL didn't recieve a drop in damage - ND reduced running speed while blindfiring so people couldn't zigzag like crazy while blindfiring the KAL. Even to this day, it's still a blindfire machine, but way less rampant.

The FAL needed a nerf, bad. Its time to kill was dropping people faster than the amount of people falling off Highrise (me included). There were plenty of topics about how it should have been altered. I was a fan of lowering its rate of fire as long as it kept the gun from jamming, but lowering its effective damage was sufficient. It's still a solid gun IMO...do you have what it takes to master it?

The G-MAL...those were some intense forum debates. SouthPaw, NeVeO, and others come to mind around here. You're wrong in an aspect here. The G-MAL's damage has never changed, if you saw my reply on that other topic of yours. Its stopping power (which the community agreed was pretty high) was lowered, its aim assist lowered (many G-MAL defends were fine with this), and then its recoil increased (massive disagreement here).

While many still think its useless after its butchering, I think it's still handy for mid to long range. However, I would get rid of the horizontal recoil it has. But balancing the G-MAL in a way the community would be happy would probably still be going on today. If ND were still actively supporting this game, I'm sure we'd still have topics out on it.

Anyways, I'll have to disagree with you on that ND should only balance the MP using a small sample. Yes, people do complain...no, they DO COMPLAIN, but ultimately I feel that if ND had listened to the community more, things would be in a better state.

I mean, we still have bugs and crap that people have made thousands of topics about and they still haven't been completely resolved. It took us until the recent patch to get more color customization following Luxis' color thread, when we had more colors in the Summer Beta than retail. Some things got changed and then something we didn't quite want was added in. ND doesn't have to follow EVERY single thing players say, but they had some poor communication with us and I feel they decided to implement things on what they felt best...which is what we have to put up with.

I think if ND actually participated in the discussions we had in the past instead of popping in and saying "OK, we're listening! Smiley HappySmiley HappySmiley Happy Update soon! (TM)" every once in awhile, and then compromised with us, things could have been way better. And we'd love them and give them tremendous support. Not saying I don't support them now since I still like their games, but I'm not the super enthusiastic ND fan I was. Now it feels like we're grasping onto an unfulfilled dream, waiting until the next Uncharted game.

Message 9 of 28 (340 Views)
Wastelander
559 posts

Jul 27, 2013
They need to fix the aiming system. Every new player that comes here from call of dury and battlefield gets extremely hindered by this system.

Naughty dog has no idea what theyre saying, the crappy aiming here makes it far less accessible to new players and are nowhere as responsive as other shooters. Throw in the huge advantages that laggers have and blindfire that bew players rarely use and yeah....

The fal would be a far greater weapon if the killed that stupid sticky aim assist and gave it a quicker fire rate since they wont give us more ammo. Try using a dragon against friends with friendly fire on!!!!! Massive difference!!!! Its feels so muxh better yet its still slow. Getting on the fly headshots becomes possible and rewards aiming.

The ppl who always complain can't even aim or suck at this game in general like that guy who loves blindfire and actually believes it takes skill -_- .....yeah that one.

Thwle way things are right now the fal is usually a 8 hit kill weapon at the cery least against foreigners or laggers. And yes i know I'm not missing and count my shots.

I honestly believe they have no idea what theyre doing at this point and have a feeling party splitting, turd awful matchmaking, lag advantage, blindfire, and awful aiming controls WILL make a return to U4. This game is not as competitive as most make it out to be. But its still fun
Message 10 of 28 (336 Views)
0 Likes