Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
3468 posts

Re: Free losses FTW!

Sep 3, 2012

Party splitting NEEDS to be fixed asap though. 

Please use plain text.
Message 31 of 55 (284 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I have one that's hard to beat.

I used a tournament ticket, went 18-3 and my team of randoms won against a party of four. At the end of the match, I see the results but all of a sudden my screen goes black earlier than usual. Guess what... removed from the game! The match was over, I saw the results and everything was fine. What on earth happened there? I got a loss and no tournament points or anything else... nothing at all but a free loss. At this point I have about 100 totally undeserved losses.

One "quit" (whether you leave the game or get kicked, removed or whatever) should be free, just like it was in Uncharted 2. Too many undeserved losses for all players at the moment. Sure, no one needs to care about stats, but if we have them they should at least be correct.

Please use plain text.
Message 32 of 55 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2480 posts

Sep 3, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

-Went AFK for only one minute? 

Went AFK for only one minute? Got a hundred invites from SouthpawLP. You come back and see the them? He's already in a party of 10!

And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig
Please use plain text.
Message 33 of 55 (283 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4593 posts

Sep 3, 2012

stentryk wrote:

SouthpawLP wrote:

-Went AFK for only one minute? 

Went AFK for only one minute? Got a hundred invites from SouthpawLP. You come back and see the them? He's already in a party of 10!

What can you say, I guess I'm popular. :smileytongue:

Here's what bugs me so much: months after stats penalties for quitting were implemented, I still have a 3.41 KDR. Now, as all of us (except ND) know, you can still boost your KDR by signing out via XMB, but you'll still get a loss. Since the stats-boosting got "patched", I have signed out only once, during a match laggier than the average lag I get (and it takes a really laggy person to make me ragequit).

I'll take a loss to a good team, I'll take a butt-kicking to someone who isn't feeding their connection with a rotten potato. I'll continue playing the match even if I'm losing horribly (lEvilDeadl saw that part of me last night). Lag does make me quit out, though, and even if I'll take a loss while doing so at least the BS deaths I took in the match aren't marked on my history forever. I'm not a complete stats freak, but it does bother me when someone else's laggy connection results in tons of unexpected instant deaths which I keep on my history forever, so I'll sign out in that case, but it has only happened once.

Taking this many unfair losses which I can't do anything about implies I obsessively boost stats, as far-zan pointed out. High K/D, low W/L? Probably an obsessive stats-booster. I don't like people thinking that way about me when it's not true. Sure, you can argue that my stats aren't legit because of that one sign-out (which I'd have to disagree with you there). I admitted to that incident to be honest with all of you here. Admittedly, not one of my finest moments while playing Uncharted 3.

And that explains my frustration with all the losses I've been taking to neglected technical issues lately. But hey, at least we're getting colors. smh

Please use plain text.
Message 34 of 55 (264 Views)
Fender Bender
4263 posts

Sep 4, 2012
120ish so far without ragequitting. I'd like to see someone with more free losses.
Please use plain text.
Message 35 of 55 (231 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
185 posts

Sep 4, 2012

neverbelow wrote:
120ish so far without ragequitting. I'd like to see someone with more free losses.

~"Hi Naughty Dog, shall we all get together and do a fund raising event for you seeing as you are short on cash?"- AliMakaveli
~Psn wais_45
~BPA+
Please use plain text.
Message 36 of 55 (228 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

I have one that's hard to beat.

I used a tournament ticket, went 18-3 and my team of randoms won against a party of four. At the end of the match, I see the results but all of a sudden my screen goes black earlier than usual. Guess what... removed from the game! The match was over, I saw the results and everything was fine. What on earth happened there? I got a loss and no tournament points or anything else... nothing at all but a free loss. At this point I have about 100 totally undeserved losses.

One "quit" (whether you leave the game or get kicked, removed or whatever) should be free, just like it was in Uncharted 2. Too many undeserved losses for all players at the moment. Sure, no one needs to care about stats, but if we have them they should at least be correct.

This literally just happened to me, except I didn't use a tournament ticket.

Please use plain text.
Message 37 of 55 (182 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5682 posts

Nov 15, 2012

3TDM, My partner and I are up 19-low #- lower # and I have a hammer aiming at the back of someones head. Next thing I know the screen goes black and I get marked as a loss along with wasting a ticket on my score of 14-3.

plunder, I'm working hard on getting the idol to our chest and our score is 4-2, I pick up the idol in front of the chest and walk towards it, next thing I know my screen goes black.

There were also times where I stared at the ring for literally 15 minutes, only because I didn't wanna lose my ticket. Only to finally be put into the game with like 2 other people who were as persistent as me. Then to get kicked 5 seconds after the match starts!

Don't you even! You think you die, and that's that?! Huh?! You think you die an' everything'll be sugar and rainbows?!
 photo LAG.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 38 of 55 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
620 posts

Nov 15, 2012

Keshekki wrote:
It's even better if you were using a ticket! Free money scams FTW!

# NOT scam.  You know why? Because you're smart enough NOT to buy new tickets. -_- Don't complain about something that you're not even getting cheated out of, beacuse you didn't buy more tickets.

Please use plain text.
Message 39 of 55 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
692 posts

Sep 8, 2013

This is how I feel after I'm winning a match and then get randomly kicked. -.-

Current Forum Tag Champion

*The L in alex is an i.
Please use plain text.
Message 40 of 55 (118 Views)