Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Re: Free losses FTW!

Sep 2, 2012
Stats mean nothing; get over them.

I'm not trying to be annoying, but really, who cares? Party splits can be frustrating, but not because of stats. And if you're worried about getting kicked over teamkilling, use Team Safe. I'm not going to go through all of the issues you listed, but really they don't matter that much.
Message 11 of 55 (493 Views)
Treasure Hunter
4595 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 2, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

I'm not trying to be annoying, but really, who cares? Party splits can be frustrating, but not because of stats. And if you're worried about getting kicked over teamkilling, use Team Safe. I'm not going to go through all of the issues you listed, but really they don't matter that much.

I'll be sure to equip Team Safe next time I play Lab, the mode I was playing when I got kicked- oh wait, ND won't allow boosters to be used in this Lab! And there's no way to get wins to make up for that free loss! W00T!

Also, how about you get 20 party splits/host ragequits/BS kicks in the Lab over the course of two days and act like you don't care? In all honesty, this thread is more about how many technical issues this game has, the free losses are just a consequence of the technical bugs and messes.

Message 12 of 55 (489 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1290 posts

Sep 2, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

RevisIsland78 wrote:

I'll be sure to equip Team Safe next time I play Lab, the mode I was playing when I got kicked- oh wait, ND won't allow boosters to be used in this Lab! And there's no way to get wins to make up for that free loss! W00T!

Respect your teammates... I've been kicked for TK's maybe once or twice in many games, if I don't have Team Safe eqipped I won't use explosives near teammates. The random throwback is a teamkill once in a blue moon, but I've never been kicked from two stupid throwbacks. 

Message 13 of 55 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6769 posts

Sep 3, 2012

My personal favorite is: Playing a match... aaaaand now I'm back in the lobby randomly.

Message 14 of 55 (461 Views)
Wastelander
650 posts

Sep 3, 2012

I hate when that happens. Smiley Sad

Die Hard Like A Tryhard
Message 15 of 55 (456 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Sep 3, 2012

RevisIsland78 wrote:

I hate it when people say that. They do mean something. Ex. If you find a person with a 10 KD with a negative W/L ratio you can assume their a rage quitter. To me stats do mean something. My stats pre-patch were legit. After the patch I have over 150 losses that I don't deserve. Let that 150+ undeserved losses sink in.

Message 16 of 55 (441 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Sep 3, 2012

xSKIN_N_BONESx wrote:

My personal favorite is: Playing a match... aaaaand now I'm back in the lobby randomly.

Message 17 of 55 (440 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1104 posts

Sep 3, 2012

Late-joins can give you free losses too. Smiley Wink

---------------
I am real super sand legend!
Message 18 of 55 (432 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1929 posts

Sep 3, 2012

SouthpawLP wrote:

-Went AFK for only one minute? Kicked from the game, and you get a loss, even though your teammates manage to go AFK for three minutes at a time! Free losses FTW!

-Were you doing so well that you made the host ragequit via XMB sign-out? You get kicked from the game, and you get a loss! Free losses FTW!

-Did you get split from the rest of your party? Prepare to have your team get whaled on by your own friends and lose because a glitch randomly separated you from them! Free losses FTW!

-Did you throw a grenade back and, because it's just your luck, a teammate jumped right on top of it to kick you out of the game, even though you were the top of your team? Getting kicked counts as a loss even though your team was winning because of you! Free losses FTW!

Yeah, as you can tell, I'm getting quite peeved by taking so many losses over crap like this. ND, please do not make any more nerfs or buffs and for the love of all that is holy, fix these technical issues. I don't want to read some placebo effect in patch notes only for the issue to not be fixed at all. Fix the technical issues, please. Fix them.

- This is annoying but an easy fix if Naughtydog just needs to make sure that stats count from all forms of quiting

- A lot of party splits happen because the other team backs out. If naughtydog makes the back out trick result in a loss you won't see people boosting 3TDM as much and party splits won't be as often.

Message 19 of 55 (426 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4570 posts

Sep 3, 2012
^ ND probably doesnt know about the back out trick.

We should make a thread and expose the trick so that ND is forced to patch it.

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Message 20 of 55 (389 Views)
0 Likes