Limit Breaker
17666 posts

Re: Free to Play. My thoughts...

Mar 12, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

You know what kind of games I like the most? There have been Plunder/TO games in which I've been against some players that are regarded as "good players" and having randomers in my team. Well, we made those wankers rage-quit to the last man and won the game. Feels good, man. You may never experience that. 

And my teammates were average players like myself but played very smart. 

I've experienced it many times, as noted in these very pages, and the old forum.   Read around.

I don't have the patience or the time to wait for that type of game to come along.   I can't sit and play the game for 2-3-4-5 hours at a time, like I used to.   

As inigo says: I have no problem quitting.  YMMV.

[ 39 ] Every time a mine downs someone an Angel gets its wings.
Message 21 of 30 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2633 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

I loved how like 95% of the F2P trailer is stuff from the summer beta and not actual UC3 multiplayer.

The only thing missing from the trailer was some Skillex!

yeehaw i'm a cowboy now
Message 22 of 30 (499 Views)
Last Guardian
10026 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 12, 2013

scootgar wrote:

ID-69 wrote:

You know what kind of games I like the most? There have been Plunder/TO games in which I've been against some players that are regarded as "good players" and having randomers in my team. Well, we made those wankers rage-quit to the last man and won the game. Feels good, man. You may never experience that. 

And my teammates were average players like myself but played very smart. 

I've experienced it many times, as noted in these very pages, and the old forum.   Read around.

Umm.. I though you just said you'd quit if the odds were against you. Not that I want start a pointless argument or anything. The odds were really against me on that match but somehow we pulled it off.

Well anyways, hope not to run into you in matchmaking. Smiley Happy Unless you're on the opposite team. 

id 69 signature

"How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 23 of 30 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2678 posts

Mar 12, 2013

ID, Scoot is completely correct in his summation of playing plunder with randoms.   I played for several hours today by myself and then for a few hours with my nephew who is a legit level 34.   9 out of 10 times your team mates do not help or even care to play the game.  they will hide at their own base taking cover behind something and just move their camera around completely ignoring the fact that they are actually in a game.   when you get a team mate who actually knows how to play he'll kill people away from the idol and avoid it like the plague doing his very best to be no help whatsoever. 

you have to go into super tryhard mode with gold beast mode/gold back in the saddle to win against parties with randoms.  kill 3 or 4 people in succession, run the treasure, get shot in the back, respawn, repeat.    I was able to do this a few times today and got props from the other teams after the games....but not every time.  sometimes their party is just too good for you to overcome by yourself no matter what.  I still give 'em hell though.   If my team refuses to help and I know it's a losing effort I then decide to ignore captures and see if I can get 50+ kills. 

I can understand people not wanting to put up with it......my simple point to scoot was you can't really tell these days.   I beat 3 parties of 4 and a party of 5 today with a team of randoms.  levels don't really mean anything and even if the player was once good, it may have been a year since they last played and now they suck.  On the other hand, all those low level noobs on your team could be alt accounts.  Alt accounts are everywhere on this game now.   Out of every low level I've seen in the past 4 days maybe 1 out of every 7 or 8 are legit low levels.   the rest are alts.  Crazy amount of alts running around.  I'm guessing this has something to do with some change to the matchmaking that happened during my 6 month absence? 

Message 24 of 30 (460 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1135 posts

Mar 12, 2013

I-Like-Pie45 wrote:

I loved how like 95% of the F2P trailer is stuff from the summer beta and not actual UC3 multiplayer.

The only thing missing from the trailer was some Skillex!

Get Some of the dat Dupstep man!  

wt r u Casul???   Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 30 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 18, 2013

As someone new to uc3 mp I have to agree that f2p could have been done a lil better. My main gripe is the pricing. For someone like me who just wants the mp (and have no interest in the sp) on the hard drive its really shocking to see that it would cost more than the actual goty disk. I would go for the digital version, but the size being 43.5GB made it out of the question. As it is now i'm level 15 and just play until i'm sick of the intrusive ads which is usually 3-4 matches in.

Message 26 of 30 (376 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 18, 2013
One question: you're buying the MP only version of a game made by develops known for SP?
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 27 of 30 (362 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I know its pretty backwards, but I played 1&2 back to back so I'm kinda burnt out on the single player.
Message 28 of 30 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
10262 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Oh. Alrighty. You've played 2. Don't worry, the story isn't the treasure-hunting you expect to have.
Hardcore Mode and Raffica enthusiast; former CEO of Obey Manufacturing, Los Santos, SA; Second Wave Agent specializing in medical training and CERA-JTF EMT
Message 29 of 30 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
365 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

I can agree with alot of the things you said in this thread. 

But, all I know is, there are ALOT more noobs on this game because of free to play. 

Which, makes this game alot more enjoyable because I don't have to try as hard, & since I'm a solo player, (Ok, well, I play with a few friends every once in awhile. MikeGloria, PatriotWarrior95, AmenRael, iBiZa_Twist, BURSTliment. hi guys if you're reading Smiley Very Happy) but lately I haven't been running into full parties as much because there are more noobs. 

You really don't know how wonderful that is. 

It feels nice to be able to completly destroy people, without having to TRY to destroy them.

If that makes any since. 

Message 30 of 30 (342 Views)
0 Likes