Sep 22 2013
By: ipaidthebills Lombax Warrior 170 posts

Freeze Issues!

4 replies 215 views Edited Sep 22, 2013

Has anybody figgured out a fix for the freeze issues? I'd love to play Uncharted 3 but can't get 5 min's into the game without it freezing my PS3! I also have this issue with C.O.D. Black Op's 2! I've done everything suggested with setting & followed ALL Youtube vid's with no change! I have also bought this game 2x just in case it was the disk itself! all my other games work fine so it's the my PS3 or Disk Drive!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (215 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1212 posts

Re: Freeze Issues!

[ Edited ]
Sep 22, 2013

ipaidthebills wrote:

my PS3 or Disk Drive!

This is probably it. At first, I thought it might have just been Uncharted 3 acting up again, but then you mentione it also happening with BO2. So maybe try other games to see if it occurs, but there's not much we can do if your PS3 is broken.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3477 posts

Sep 22, 2013
@ipaidthebills Is your PS3 running loud? Fans going full speed? Even if it isn't doing this right when the system freezes, has it done it in the past?

If you said yes to any of the above, I'm afraid your PS3 is all but dead :smileysad:
If not, try this: Next time you try to play U3 and it freezes, DO NOT push the power button. Unplug the cord instead. Then plug it back in and turn it on. It should try to look for corrupted files. Let it do this. Hopefully it will get you back in the game :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
170 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 23, 2013

Hey! Thanks for all the help!

I have tried all  suggested as well! "Fan is running Normal" All my other games are working fine except the odd time when Quitting a game the PS3 Beeps 3 times & resets itself instead of quitting the game & returning to the XMB!

I have had the PS3 1st gen Slim for 4 years without even a glitch until I installed Black Op's 2! "Hopefully Just a coincidence"

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2838 posts

Sep 23, 2013

maybe you can try the free 2 play version of the multiplayer, I'm not a fan of it, but you at least can compare if it's your ps3 or just the disc drive that has a problem...

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (151 Views)
0 Likes