Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
10016 posts

Re: --Frosty's BLINDFIRE/HIPFIRE Fix--

Jun 7, 2013
Steven isn't here. I'll proxy.

Guys why do you wnat to nerf bf so bad??? i mean if i run at someon wid my kal7 w/ bf and rof obviuosly i should win. the only problemm i hav is the m9s effectivnes.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 21 (236 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Stopping power works in a similar way to my solution. You...

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

Cherry_Ronde wrote:

I would like to see almost 100% stopping power in the forward direction. You shouldn't be able to run up to and blindfire kill someone that is aiming at you.

Stopping power works in a similar way to my solution. Your proposition (to make stopping power only apply to one direction, forward) addresses the biggest problem with increased stopping power, but not all of the problems. I will use an example to help prove my point (which is that blindfiring in an aggressive manner, forward, is useful and legitimate). You already seem to recognise that universally increasing stopping power (in all directions) is a bad idea. 

Imagine you climb up a ledge and see an opponent firing through a doorway at probably one of your team mates (at maybe a 90° angle to you). Now, like the good, upstanding Uncharted player you are you aim down your sights and start firing. Now, at that point he has already killed your team mate and can now confront you. As a skilled player, he quickly takes cover in the doorway. However, he has already taken a 50% loss in health. You don't want him to have a chance to regenerate his health or escape, so you quickly move start blindfiring at him to finish him off. However, (using your 100% SP in the forward direction) he pops out (using FF) and shoots you just once. You're now frozen. He jumps from behind cover and quickly finishes you off (even if you tried to escape, because that's the only thing you can do). He could easily outmanuer your aiming because he has FF in a CQC style battle. And standing still, blindfiring, isn't effective.

I don't know about you but I could see that happening a lot. But more importantly, I don't think that reflects who should have won that battle. There is a legitimate time to use blindfire. Now you might object, "why don't you just aim." Well, for one, moving while aiming is slow. The important part (as he has taken damage) is to close the gap between you and your opponent. He, once he sees you aiming, could run through the doorway and out of sight in time to regenerate his health. No, there is a correct time to use aggressive blindfire (almost always it is to "finish him"). 

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are similar problems with my own suggestion (I was kinda' hoping you guys might point those out :smileywink:). But personally, I would much prefer my own to that. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wipe that smile off your face and get your tryhard face on!!!

Worst speed test ever.png

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 21 (230 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
559 posts

Jun 7, 2013
I luff this thread.
Awesome ideas, but i still wish they fixed the aiming system :T i feel so handicapped here lol
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 21 (211 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Silver-Knight47 wrote:
I luff this thread.
Awesome ideas, but i still wish they fixed the aiming system :T i feel so handicapped here lol

Thanks! :smileyhappy: Yeah, that would be the best fix. But I don't think ND has the man power dedicated to UC3 to make that happen. It's quite possible mine is impossible at this point too. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 21 (193 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2008 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Or you could run at 20% speed when you blindfire and no aimbot. Sounds good.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 21 (183 Views)
Wastelander
698 posts

Jun 7, 2013

lII-Venom-lII wrote:
Or you could run at 20% speed when you blindfire and no aimbot. Sounds good.

I see the whole purpose of blindfire as sacrificing accuracy for mobility. Slowing down blindfirers defeats the purpose of blindfire. Now, you may see that as a good thing but I see blindfire as a legitimate tactic. There is a proper time to use it, both offensively and defensively. I don't want to kill the blindfiring mechanic. But maybe more realistically, I don't think ND wants to either. 

As to the aimbot (or auto-lock, whatever it's called), I believe UDF had autolock blindfire and so have all of the following SP's and MP. I don't think it's going anywhere. 

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 21 (174 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
541 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 7, 2013

@Stunt

You deserve infinite kudos for that! You even got those little Steven-like typos down :smileyvery-happy: Please, sir, take my kudo.

There are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 21 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
698 posts

Jun 30, 2013

I decided to bump this because I spent some time on it and the forums are so dead anyway I don't think anyone will care. 

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 21 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3632 posts

Jun 30, 2013
^especially ND

I like your idea... ALOT, but its too late.
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 21 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10016 posts

Jul 1, 2013
You know I've always supported your blindire fixes bro. :smileyhappy:
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 21 (120 Views)