Mar 04 2013
By: AliMakaveli Treasure Hunter 3699 posts

Future Smarter Enemies (Co-op and Campaign)

[ Edited ]
15 replies 285 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

For me, the enemies in U3 seem a lot more "dumbed down" than enemies in U2.

Enemies in U2 were rutheless and merciless. If you were downed or being choked, enemies would still nade and rpg you and even shoot at you. Also they were more realistic, as in they had stopping power. They slowed down after you shot 'em and headshots were actually head shots.

In U3 the enemies rarely slow down when you shoot at them, and their heads are made out of metal. A thousand shots to the head gets you a head shot. I do like their "still" movement as they bob their heads around which makes headshots harder just like the DF enemies.

Drakes Fortune enemies are the best IMO. Like I've mentioned their heads move about when they stand still and getting a head shot is tricky. They also flank you instead of camping.

I think in future ND co-op games (TLOU and U4 if it's really going to be made) we need much more smarter enemies.

These enemies should have the following abilities...

• Can shoot whilst hanging off platform
  • Can flank you if you're camping
  • Chokers can attack your buddies whilst you're being choked (like a hostage situation)
  • Enemies can shoot from zip wires and also use them
  • Enemies shoot at you on sight, not wait around like they do now
  • Enemies can throw back your nades, thus meaning you have to throw it smartly at them
  • Enemies can switch to and pick up nearby weapons, i.e a Sniper enemy can pick up a PAK-80 
  • Enemies can use the turrets on you
  • Enemies can use Propane and other explosive things on you
  • New enemies (like U2 silent chokers) can stealth attack you (break your back and are hard to detect) 
  • Enemies can taunt at you, thus peeving you off durign the game, i.e enemy taunts after killing your buddy
  • Mid game Tanks, Helicopters, Planes and Turret Trucks should be available to add to the intensity and diversity
  • In Crushing mode enemies can revive each other, to kill an enemy you must stop him from being revived or nade him when he's down.
  • Female enemies need to be added. Streets of rage had female enemies, even CMP has female enemies (Marlowe can be slapped to death as well as shot. Flynn can Hammer Elena to death.

That's all I can think of for now, but what I'm getting at is more smarter enemy AI's please. 

All these smarter AI's will be less bullet spongy yet more tougher but only in Crushing. For me Crushing is Hard mode in disguise with added Revenge Nades, Kickback enemies and clown masks.

These enemies I've mentioned and their features will only feature in Crushing.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 16 (285 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1687 posts

Re: Future Smarter Enemies (Co-op and Campaign)

Mar 4, 2013

That would make the game impossible.

This months old sig image will remain till the end of days.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 16 (244 Views)
Naughty Paw
4604 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Though I agree that the AI is dumb as dirt and needs improvements, some of these things you listed here seem insane. Such as picking up other weapons, reviving each other and throwing back grenades.

--
It's a common fact that anyone who does better than you is a lagger.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 16 (222 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9751 posts

Mar 4, 2013
I don't think I can play a game that hard. I'd be okay if they utilised UDF and UC2's AI, but what you said would totally just make co-op seem like it's just for pros.
Currently looking for GTA Online friends who aren't obviously bad sports.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 16 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
67 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Yikes, Co-op would be hell to finish with that!

It's crazy enough with the guys that can snipe you with a shotgun!

One hell of a Co-op Medic

PSN ID: Pookah23
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 16 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Oooo I like it :smileyhappy:

U3 AI is so dumb (maybe they modeled it off ND :smileytongue:) (jks that was mean :smileysad: )

I miss uncharted 1 AI, the terrible AI in U3 SP is part of why it sucks (Plus a million other reasons :smileytongue: )

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 16 (187 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
12601 posts

Mar 5, 2013

I found the AI in the sand area after the boring storm to be immensely hard.

Second time around on crushing they posed no threat at all.. Didn't quite understand that.

Could just be that I had just woke up after the storm made me sleep.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 16 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4568 posts

Mar 5, 2013
^lol XD

SLB.png

Hi-5.png

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 16 (152 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4260 posts

Mar 5, 2013
I think the TLoU team have developed smarter AI this time. We might have these same AI in TLoU co-op.
Rusty. Rusty everywhere.
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 16 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Mar 5, 2013

This would be great as Crushing+ AI.

Reviving enemies seems a bit...I don't know...forceful in the game's pace and all. All of a sudden, I got surround this guy and I don't have a nade since the enemy threw it back and now he's revived...by a brute. It might be the same as for vehicles...but I wouldn't mind seeing thatt in a Super-Siege.

Oh! Maybe instead of taunting, the enemy AI would possible give some congratulations to the killer. Maybe they could incorporate signals through body language in order express communication between in the heat of the moment.

Also, we have so many styles of enemies, such as Eddy's Pirates, or Lazaravech's Mercs, why not add in some subtle touches in their AI as well... Pirates would be more ruthless and less disciplined. The Mercs would use tactical strategies that are common amongst squadrons...you get the idea...

Graveyard stuffers.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4482958/Silly_ass_ID_by_SuperGilfer.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 16 (127 Views)