Aug 19 2012
By: Orange_95 Lombax Warrior 97 posts

Future gametypes of the Block Mesh maps

5 replies 163 views Edited Aug 19, 2012

Hi!

As we all know, the current Lab with Block Mesh map #1 only features team deathmach.

This lead me wondering if the future mesh maps will have other gametypes, such as team objective or simply free-for-all too.

It seems pretty unlikely that this #1 map would get other gametypes, since the Dogs would need to design the locations for idolchest and territories, but will the future Mesh maps have other gametypes?

I understand that Eric and Cog are busy, but it would sure be nice to get an answer from them. Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 6 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7371 posts

Re: Future gametypes of the Block Mesh maps

Aug 19, 2012

I reeeally want to play Team Obj on the mesh map. Maybe when they put it in custom games it will be available for all gametypes.

Message 2 of 6 (159 Views)
Highlighted
Splicer
42 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 19, 2012

Instead of having two Block Mesh TDM options in the voting screen, it would be great if we could choose between Block Mesh TDM and Plunder, for example. It wouldn't work for modes that have fewer players, like Free-for-all or 3-team deathmatch, but it would make the Lab playlist more varied and fun, I think. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6 (137 Views)
Wastelander
657 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Like you said OP plunder ask for more coding with the idol and all...but yep, we could have more variety in modes.

Something simplier, and that would fit pretty weel with the map #1 would have been a choice between TDM and TDM-Snipers&Pistols.  : )

In fact, all the "weapons variants" labs could be represented in future blockmesh maps, it would be really cool ND.

I'm afraid that they released the mesh map #1 too soon, maybe they should have waited to have 2 mesh maps working or put 2 gameplay variants at least because the people that plays 2 to 8 hours a day (can't believe they're so many that plays 8 hours/day) will stop playing the Lab in a matter of days so the playlist will became very "empty" sooner than later, no?  Because there is just one map and one game mode.

Message 4 of 6 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
256 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Renan_Acid wrote:

Instead of having two Block Mesh TDM options in the voting screen, it would be great if we could choose between Block Mesh TDM and Plunder, for example. It wouldn't work for modes that have fewer players, like Free-for-all or 3-team deathmatch, but it would make the Lab playlist more varied and fun, I think. Smiley Happy

Great idea!

Team obj. and plunder seem amazing on the mesh maps, I hope it's possible.

Message 5 of 6 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Aug 19, 2012

Maybe they sholud release the Block Mesh Maps for every game type that would be awesomeSmiley Happy

Message 6 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes