Reply
Oct 28 2012
By: ZANIACK Hekseville Citizen 381 posts
Offline

GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

[ Edited ]
22 replies 3676 views Edited Oct 30, 2012

Last week I traded in my nearly one year old copy of Uncharted 3 and purchased the Game of the Year edition(North American version), I believe there is something inherently wrong with this rereleased version. Compared to my standard Uncharted 3 copy, the GOTY edition suffers from prevelant audio glitches, screen tearing, sporadic slowdown, and certain levels that cannot be completed because progression is halted at key points. I have two examples: Chapter 19 and chapter 20 of the campaign both contain instances of gamebreaking bugs that were not present in the game of the original Uncharted 3 disc. Once Nathan is about to meet Salim in the abandoned desert village, Salim and his horse stop and gallop in one spot perpetually. I reloaded the checkpoint a dozen times, and even replayed the level completely and it still occurred. In chapter 20, all of the trucks explode chaotically when you just start to confront the convoy! I've tried this level over and over again and it replicates this bizarre result every time. I deleted my save file and started a new game, and guess what? I play chapter 2, "Small Beginnings", and the audio is abysmally out of sync. At the end of each recorded character statement I will hear this irritating screeching noise. Right now I'm playing chapter 6 and I'm just waiting to encounter yet another bug that will degrade the game even further. Please Naughty Dog, remedy this. Uncharted 3 was my personal GOTY for 2011, I don't want to have to own two copies of the game just to have a unified experience that should have been included in the GOTY editon in the first place. Not to mention the fact that the game stutters momentarily in both the campaign and menus, when this happens it briefly freezes everything(music, framerate etc)  I don't understand why I'm being punished for buying the complete version of a game I had already owned!

 

Edit: Certain music cues also come in a few seconds late in the GOTY edition. The lip syncing during the in-game cutscenes is so abysmally delayed! The character will be mute when it shows they're speaking and then the dialogue follows a few seconds late every time. I just wish someone would acknowledge this! I've spent plenty of money on Naughty Dog products, about $100 dollars on Uncharted 3 alone now, and I end up with a broken game that's supposed to be the 'complete and definitive version'? This is nothing short of asinine.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 1 of 23 (3,676 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Any response at all would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 30, 2012

Any response at all would be greatly appreciated.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 2 of 23 (3,638 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
Registered: 08/21/2012
Offline
100 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Oct 30, 2012

I sold my PS3 for technical reasons, bbut I planned on getting the Game of the Year edition Uncharted PS3. But, I kept my original copy of Uncharted 3 that I had in case something were to happen. I only thought there was something wrong with the Co Op adventure audio. But that was with the original copy.

Message 3 of 23 (3,623 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Naughty Dog Developer
Registered: 11/15/2011
Offline
594 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Oct 30, 2012

ZANIACK wrote:

Last week I traded in my nearly one year old copy of Uncharted 3 and purchased the Game of the Year edition(North American version), I believe there is something inherently wrong with this rereleased version. Compared to my standard Uncharted 3 copy, the GOTY edition suffers from prevelant audio glitches, screen tearing, sporadic slowdown, and certain levels that cannot be completed because progression is halted at key points. I have two examples: Chapter 19 and chapter 20 of the campaign both contain instances of gamebreaking bugs that were not present in the game of the original Uncharted 3 disc. Once Nathan is about to meet Salim in the abandoned desert village, Salim and his horse stop and gallop in one spot perpetually. I reloaded the checkpoint a dozen times, and even replayed the level completely and it still occurred. In chapter 20, all of the trucks explode chaotically when you just start to confront the convoy! I've tried this level over and over again and it replicates this bizarre result every time. I deleted my save file and started a new game, and guess what? I play chapter 2, "Small Beginnings", and the audio is abysmally out of sync. At the end of each recorded character statement I will hear this irritating screeching noise. Right now I'm playing chapter 6 and I'm just waiting to encounter yet another bug that will degrade the game even further. Please Naughty Dog, remedy this. Uncharted 3 was my personal GOTY for 2011, I don't want to have to own two copies of the game just to have a unified experience that should have been included in the GOTY editon in the first place. Not to mention the fact that the game stutters momentarily in both the campaign and menus, when this happens it briefly freezes everything(music, framerate etc)  I don't understand why I'm being punished for buying the complete version of a game I had already owned!

 

Edit: Certain music cues also come in a few seconds late in the GOTY edition. The lip syncing during the in-game cutscenes is so abysmally delayed! The character will be mute when it shows they're speaking and then the dialogue follows a few seconds late every time. I just wish someone would acknowledge this! I've spent plenty of money on Naughty Dog products, about $100 dollars on Uncharted 3 alone now, and I end up with a broken game that's supposed to be the 'complete and definitive version'? This is nothing short of asinine.


Can you send us a direct message about what's happen exactly and lay it out step by step? You might have gotten a bad disc. Thanks. 

Message 4 of 23 (3,580 Views)
Fender Bender
Registered: 11/08/2010
Offline
3872 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Oct 30, 2012

The horse glitch happened to me on standard version.

Message 5 of 23 (3,572 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Oct 30, 2012

Eric-ND wrote:

Can you send us a direct message about what's happen exactly and lay it out step by step? You might have gotten a bad disc. Thanks. 


Yes I can elaborate further. Thank you for showing recognition. 

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 6 of 23 (3,555 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 10/27/2012
Offline
84 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Nov 2, 2012

I've experienced a lot of these things in my game of the year copy too.

Message 7 of 23 (3,352 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Splicer
Registered: 05/18/2012
Offline
46 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Nov 2, 2012

These sound like the same problems that the game has been plagued with since the original release. Good to know the GOTY wasn't looked at properly.

Message 8 of 23 (3,328 Views)
Splicer
Registered: 10/27/2012
Offline
84 posts
 

Re: GOTY edition is plagued with game breaking glitches(single player)

Nov 2, 2012

richc1985 wrote:

These sound like the same problems that the game has been plagued with since the original release. Good to know the GOTY wasn't looked at properly.


Sorry to hear that you always had the same issues while playing the game.

Message 9 of 23 (3,322 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
Registered: 01/08/2012
Offline
381 posts
 

I've owned two standard copies of U3 and all these GOTY e...

Nov 11, 2012

I've owned two standard copies of U3 and all these GOTY edition issues I listed were never in those.

It's your friendly neighborhood maniac: ZANIACK
Message 10 of 23 (3,254 Views)
Reply
0 Likes