Apr 18 2013
By: neverbelow Treasure Hunter 6514 posts

Game Mode Idea: Conquer and Control TDM

12 replies 379 views Edited Apr 18, 2013
I had an idea for a game mode just barely when I woke up in the middle of the night. My mind just goes and goes when I can't sleep (which is often) and I get on random tangents.

I wanted to mix what I love about TDM with an Objective based goal that rewards movement, tactics, aggression, taking out campers (personal favorite pastime in Uncharted), and tactical killing from a controlled area.

I'll explain my idea based on the map Plaza because it'd fit the game mode and the map is pretty balanced overall. I also think the power weapon setup is the best on this map.

My motivation is that I love the multiplayer and I'd like to see it's most popular mode improves. My main grievance with TDM is that, beyond personal satisfaction, there is little incentive to weed out a camper or move from a power weapon area. So here's the idea:

CONQUER AND CONTROL TEAM DEATHMATCH

Each team has a base. The heroes base is where the villains spawn and vice versa for the villains at the beginning. Bases are where Conquer Points are scored. A Conquer Point is earned when an area of the map is controlled by being in the zone with no enemies for 45 seconds or an enemy is killed in an area while yur team is in that area. If 1 person on your team is killed in the same area then neither team scores Conquer points. Once a zone is conquered it cannot be conquered again by until the other team takes it over. It then becomes a Controlled Area.

In Plaza these areas would consist of the following:

- Both Bases

- 1 in each of the areas surrounding the grenade rooms up to the edge of the buildings facing towards the opposite base

- 1 on each side from the back of the enclosed balconies to the edge of the pillars outside the grenade rooms nearest to the M4 spawn in U2

- 1 on each side from the pillar mentioned above to the edge of the hammer side buildings and to the edge of the shotgun building

- 1 on each side from the above edge and reaching to the back spawns by the hammer and up to the edge of the back stairs

- 1 on hammer spawn reaching to the edge of the shotgun building wall that faces the hammer

- 1 that covers the shotgun building and the truck up until the outward wall of the destroyed building

- 1 that covers the destroyed building and behind it where the pak80/Gau spawn

Once an area is Controlled it can then be Conquered by the other team at any time. This is where kills in an area, from an area, and attacking an area become important.

Kills in a Controlled area on an attacking enemy give you 25 points.

Kills from a controlled area into an non-controlled area give you 50 points.

Kills in an enemies controlled area give you 75 points.

Now to reward players to move and control as much of the map as possible points are given for the Conquered areas which are then scored in bases. The bases start out as the opposite spawn and then flip once the Conquer points have been scored in a base. To score, a team member must either have sole control of a base for 4 seconds or kill an enemy and then touch the base area within 7 seconds of the kill.

Conquer points are given at the time of the score and amount to 75 points per area controlled at the time of the score.

Control points are given at the end of the round and are worth 200 points for each zone. The team with more total time having control of an area gets the Control points for that area.

Power weapons would stay in the same spawns on Plaza as even more incentive to move and as a tool to take over zones and score.

Rounds would last up to twenty minutes or the first team to score in their base 7 times.

DISCLAIMER: I'm sure this could be expanded upon and refined. Feel free to critique and improve upon my idas. Also, I take zero responsibility if this idea has been done already in some game. I don't play every game but I haven't seen it.

I think it would reward strategic gameplay, aggression, and movement which would improve flaws in TDM. So yeah... What do ya guys think?
Message 1 of 13 (379 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: Game Mode Idea: Conquer and Control TDM

Apr 25, 2013
Or you can just play Team Objective. Mega bump is VERY useful for dominating Turf War.

*bomb
Message 2 of 13 (310 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3354 posts

Apr 25, 2013
No thanks.

EyeCue86 is a symbol of free speech. Any attempt to censor EyeCue86 is an act of evil.

"It's that time of the month again, Joel." -Ellie, The Last of Us

"It's that time of the month again, Joel"
-Ellie, The Last of Us
Message 3 of 13 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3825 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Neverbelow do you play battlefield?

Pretty much has everything you described lol.

Funny thing I was thinking about the other day.

When the beta was out and I got to play objectives I thought that having all the objective modes happening in a match was ND'S way of showing us the different modes.

I didn't think at the time that when the game was released that all objective modes would still be IN ONE MATCH.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 4 of 13 (285 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6514 posts

Apr 25, 2013
@Rachet objectives suck because of tdm, multi marked man, and blindfire kals/RoF are even worse.

@DEATH clearly I need to play Battlefield. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
Message 5 of 13 (260 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1419 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Your idea would fit in Team Objectives, I can understand why ND grouped all the modes and it works for the most part just get rid of Deathmatch & Multi-Marked Man & implement more creative modes.

We ready don't need separate TO modes.

Message 6 of 13 (248 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11298 posts

Apr 25, 2013
So let me get this straight... you want a new mode when Classic and Elimination are both dead? Smiley Surprised
Message 7 of 13 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1541 posts

Apr 26, 2013

renatabls wrote:
So let me get this straight... you want a new mode when Classic and Elimination are both dead? Smiley Surprised

Elimination is already dead. You can still find a Classic game after 3-7 minutes.

Bang Bang!

Message 8 of 13 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
741 posts

Apr 26, 2013
I can still find an elimination match. What are you talking about?
Message 9 of 13 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2203 posts

Apr 26, 2013

nabeel055 wrote:
I can still find an elimination match. What are you talking about?

How long does it take you to find one match?

If you think something is impossible, you’ll make it impossible.
Message 10 of 13 (190 Views)
0 Likes