Mar 05 2013
By: Reonista Hekseville Citizen 197 posts

[Gameplay Issues List] Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

[ Edited ]
77 replies 674 views Edited Mar 5, 2013

Edit: Updated topic title to reflect content

U--J

Not so dear Naughty Dog,

Your incompetence in creating a multiplayer experience is astonishing, it truly is.

You cater to the weak and poor at the expense of the rest.
Yes, I am indeed referring to your matchmaking that, for some peculiar reason, considers it a good idea to put me with players that live either in the desert or the jungle.
I do not wish to play against or with players which modems are created by the feces of goats.
Lag compensation is a horrible idea and has been proved countless of times already, yet you do nothing.

You broke the very foundation of Uncharted Multiplayer, and here is why:

Matchmaking

Parties will be split or left behind
Low levels mixed with high levels.
Jungle Jorge and Desert Drahmad in the same lobby as City Chris. Chris will be at a disadvantage since Jorge's and Dahmad's connections proved to be inferior. Way to go! :smileywink:
Sometimes games won't even load, since the host lagged out.

Game mechanics:

Sprint: Why was this included again? The maps aren't that big. 
Recovery time is basically non-existent and allows for people to be Sonic The Hedgehog the entire game.

Wack 'n' roll: A bug/glitch/broken mechanic within the game that somehow became an accepted method..... It's a BROKEN mechanic and unintended by ND. Yet, no fix for it. Laggy players gets yet an advantage (Like in all CQC situations)

Hipfire: Do I even need to post anything here? It's broken, we ALL know it. Only ones to deny are laggers who abuse it.
Lack of stopping power: Allows for laggy Jorge to sprint through my bullets like when his Uncle Umberto threw corn at him at that Taco Party. LOL, good times, Umberto! :smileyvery-happy:

Grenades: Allows for laggy players to use infinite quickbooms on you, yet yours have an increased timer of 50 seconds and apparently you can throw it back from basically everywhere on the map.

Kickbacks: Medals for grabbing your controller, medals for looking at the screen. Even medals for inhaling! Yeah, you got it, now activate your kickback and unleash doom! While using your kickback, you'll get 45 additional medals, so you can activate it again!! *HIGH FIVE*

What is needed to fix this game is the following:

Regional matchmaking/pingbased matchmaking.
If you claim the playerpool to be that big, then you have nothing to blame on. Laggers can face eachother and the rest of us can finally play this game.

Decrease hipfire and increase stopping power: More like it was in Uncharted 2. Reward people that are aiming, you even promote it in-game yourselves. This should only be used when in cover.

Increase sprint time recovery and decrease the turn radius. People should have to use it only in emergency cases, not as a way to move around the map.

Kickbacks: Make it so you can use only one kickback per game. We have enough of power weapons spawning around the map already. Sometimes, it feels like I'm playing the lab mode with everyone having and RPG, Hammer or T-Bolt in their hands.

Grenades: THIS is what should be used against campers, not 47 kinds of kickbacks. A well placed grenade should be rewarded. Now people have to find ways to cheat the timer of the grenade (bounce of environment).

Remove a lot of the power weapons, make sprint a lot less useful, increase regular health, make grenades more useful, decrease blindfire.

All of this would make for a more traversal-shooting multiplayer, just like you claimed it to be.
Noone is using cover in this game except for corner shooting. Climbing is pretty much a deathwish since someone will get you with a power weapon.

I'll just say it: You failed at following up the success that Uncharted 2 was. You had one of the best foundations out there, all you needed to do was to improve the health system, matchmaking, maps and weapons and adjusted it to the Uncharted 3 world.
The first beta did this really good, after that it seems like some executives 10-year old son got to do whatever he wanted to with the game.

Poor shame, I hope you learn from this.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 78 (674 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

I hope they learn from it also because they won't fix it. I gurantee you they won't even attempt to fix any of what you just listed.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 78 (659 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4981 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Yes ND! You must make this changes because Reonista insists so! The customer is always right, remember? Thought you could make the game your way? Haha, don't make me laugh. Reonista sure has more experience in making multiplayer games so you should definitely listen to them! 

id.png

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 78 (650 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Your sarcasm nor ignorance amuse me.
Do you honestly belive I stand alone with these opinions?

ND mustn't do anything, I'm merely stating suggestions if they wish to keep their customers and attract even more.
You don't know what I work with, so assuming that I have no experience in this field is foolish of you.

Do you have anything constructive to add or are you just a mindless wannabe-comedian?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 78 (644 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1985 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Reonista: Stop crying, bro Q_Q!

If you think by insulting their intelligence will help you out, think again. All I see is you crying and belitting them and showing no respect for your elders, kid. Have some respect!

There is more to life then just video games. It's called getting an education, making friends and getting a job. Oh, but wait. You don't have any of those.

If you think you can do a better job at programing, than apply to Naughty Dog.

Have a nice day :smileyvery-happy: !

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 78 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

Mar 5, 2013

IPumpMyGun wrote:

Reonista: Stop crying, bro Q_Q!

If you think by insulting their intelligence will help you out, think again. All I see is you crying and belitting them and showing no respect for your elders, kid. Have some respect!

There is more to life then just video games. It's called getting and education, making friends and getting a job. Oh, but wait. You don't have any of those.

If you think you can do a better job at programing, than apply to Naughty Dog.

Have a nice day :smileyvery-happy: !

It's when people act like this which drives new people and others away from the forums. You don't have to be completely childish with your response. Learn to have some respect yourself, practice what you preach.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 78 (617 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
197 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Claiming things you have no idea about make you look like a **bleep**, just a heads up. :smileywink:

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 78 (364 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

Mar 5, 2013

train on the ground.jpg

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 78 (358 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1985 posts

Mar 5, 2013

Asraik:. I'm acting like a mature adult. I put people like the opening poster in his place. You people need to know a little something about class. Which I don't see on here. If I pulled that same nonsense like the Reonista did on a job, I'd get my **bleep** fired!

I really don't care what you have to say. I tell it how it is. If people like you can't handle the truth, tough luck! Welcome to the real world.  At least I can say what I want without resorting to childish behavior.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 78 (346 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

IPumpMyGun wrote:

Asraik:. I'm acting like a mature adult. I put people like the opening poster in his place. You people need to know a little something about class. Which I don't see on here. If I pulled that same nonsense like the Reonista did on a job, I'd get my **bleep** fired!

I really don't care what you have to say. I tell it how it is. If people like you can't handle the truth, tough luck! Welcome to the real world.  At least I can say what I want without resorting to childish behavior.

You don't do anything by coming off with the arrogance and ignorance you come off with. There isn't anything about social class or any kind of class in relation to an internet forum which could be a reason why you don't see it here. Reonista hasn't pulled any nonsense and the difference is this isn't a job, it's a community forum. If you don't care what anyone has to say, why bother replying? A false delusion which you perceive as the truth isn't going to get you far. Childish behaviour is that of swearing in every post and expressing a self-egotistical attitude. People like you live in drama, and you start it wherever you go. Like a spark which ignites a fire, sadly though as bright as your intentions may be, the rain comes quicker than you think.

Raptr Gamercard
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 78 (332 Views)