Reply
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 01/28/2011
Offline
3825 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

Snake-Eater300 wrote:

Uncharted 3 MP isn't the game it should have been and ND doesn't do much to improve it. They also did not keep their promises (go-to multiplayer, huge costumization, long-time support, constant rebalancing and so on). The things that are now broken will probably never be fixed. It's sad. Btw, I'm not complaining about the two poor guys who still work on this MP.

 

The game can still be fun with some friends though, but as soon as you've seen enough of people abusing all the flaws of this game, you start to realize how broken certain aspects of this MP are. It's a shooter. The one with better aim should always win a fair gunfight, not the hipfiring "zig-zag" guy who doesn't even know where the L1-button is located on his controller.

 

The one thing I still hope for is an improved, more regional-/connection-based matchmaking. I'm so sick and tired of playing against people who live thousands of miles away from me - sometimes with terrible connections - just because they are closer to my level / legacy and all that while "Mr. Lagfree" who lives next door will never appear in my matches just because he did not legcay.

 

I really hope people won't forget too quickly. Personally, I won't buy TLOU because of UC3. This is all I can do to show ND that they did something wrong and that I won't accept it / keep supporting such methods. It's not much (I know) and somebody here will certainly tell me that they won't care, but it's all I can do Smiley Sad


Amen.

I want to be the reason you're looking down at your phone laughing as you walk into a pole.
Message 21 of 78 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 08/21/2011
Offline
2402 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

"Certain" forumers need to cut their daily caffeine (over)dose, chill out, find a girlfriend/boyfriend and enjoy the sunshine (if such thing exists in their country)... just sayin'.


I understand why he is annoyed though. And Reonista was totally right about what is wrong with the game too. But there are like a 100 threads like this one that states the exact same problems. Or all these problems and some additional ones.

 

The point of the forums is to discuss things. And everything there is to discuss has already been said 20 times in the other threads. 

 

So I understand his reaction, they are right but I start to get tired of these threads too.

 

Some things will never change in this game. So try to ignore it or play another game.

 

And an imature letter to Naughty Dog won't give you their sympathy, just saying.

Message 22 of 78 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
10048 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

Some things will never change in this game. So try to ignore it or play another game.

And an imature letter to Naughty Dog won't give you their sympathy, just saying.


 

That's what I've been trying to tell them but it's fallen on deaf ears. 

Surely whining endlessly about things that will not be changed is frustrating for me to read. That combined to the overwhealming negativity and Naughty Dog bashing makes me unhappy being a part of this community. 

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 23 of 78 (298 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

[ Edited ]
Mar 5, 2013

Hielke6991 wrote:

But there are like a 100 threads like this one that states the exact same problems. Or all these problems and some additional ones.

 

The point of the forums is to discuss things. And everything there is to discuss has already been said 20 times in the other threads. 

 

I start to get tired of these threads too.


Wait a second, that sounds familiar... remember the dozens of G-MAL threads? Smiley Surprised

The exact same people who defend blindfire and say it's a "legit" tactic used to CRY A LOT about the G-MAL... it can't be a coincidence, right? Smiley Indifferent It can't be a coincidence that the M9 is their most used weapon and on top of that, they have thousands of melee/blindfire kills, right?

So yeah, the hypocrisy is truly disgusting on this forum! They didn't shut up about the G-MAL when it stopped them right in their tracks (as it should), but now they want us to shut up about blindfire? OVER MY DEAD BODY, IDIOTS!

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 24 of 78 (446 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
10048 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

OVER MY DEAD BODY, IDIOTS!


There you go. I happily watch you waste your time with a bowl of popcorn on my lap. 

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 25 of 78 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

Thanks for reinforcing my post. You know it's true, otherwise you would have refuted it.

Enjoy your popcorn... that's the least you can do for your miserable life.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 26 of 78 (414 Views)
Last Guardian
Registered: 02/17/2010
Online
10048 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

tapantaola wrote:

Thanks for reinforcing my post. You know it's true, otherwise you would have refuted it.

Enjoy your popcorn... that's the least you can do for your miserable life.


How ironic. Dude spends all his spare time here crying. Smiley LOLGet over yourself tap.

id 69 signature


  "How do you prove that you exist...? Maybe we don't exist..."

Message 27 of 78 (406 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
Registered: 04/20/2010
Offline
3654 posts
 

Re: [Gameplay Issues List] Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

Reonista wrote:

Edit: Updated topic title to reflect content

U--J

 

Not so dear Naughty Dog,

Your incompetence in creating a multiplayer experience is astonishing, it truly is.

You cater to the weak and poor at the expense of the rest.
Yes, I am indeed referring to your matchmaking that, for some peculiar reason, considers it a good idea to put me with players that live either in the desert or the jungle.
I do not wish to play against or with players which modems are created by the feces of goats.
Lag compensation is a horrible idea and has been proved countless of times already, yet you do nothing.

You broke the very foundation of Uncharted Multiplayer, and here is why:

Matchmaking

Parties will be split or left behind
Low levels mixed with high levels.
Jungle Jorge and Desert Drahmad in the same lobby as City Chris. Chris will be at a disadvantage since Jorge's and Dahmad's connections proved to be inferior. Way to go! Smiley Wink
Sometimes games won't even load, since the host lagged out.

Game mechanics:

Sprint: Why was this included again? The maps aren't that big. 
Recovery time is basically non-existent and allows for people to be Sonic The Hedgehog the entire game.

 

Wack 'n' roll: A bug/glitch/broken mechanic within the game that somehow became an accepted method..... It's a BROKEN mechanic and unintended by ND. Yet, no fix for it. Laggy players gets yet an advantage (Like in all CQC situations)

 

Hipfire: Do I even need to post anything here? It's broken, we ALL know it. Only ones to deny are laggers who abuse it.
Lack of stopping power: Allows for laggy Jorge to sprint through my bullets like when his Uncle Umberto threw corn at him at that Taco Party. LOL, good times, Umberto! Smiley Very Happy

 

Grenades: Allows for laggy players to use infinite quickbooms on you, yet yours have an increased timer of 50 seconds and apparently you can throw it back from basically everywhere on the map.

 

Kickbacks: Medals for grabbing your controller, medals for looking at the screen. Even medals for inhaling! Yeah, you got it, now activate your kickback and unleash doom! While using your kickback, you'll get 45 additional medals, so you can activate it again!! *HIGH FIVE*


What is needed to fix this game is the following:

Regional matchmaking/pingbased matchmaking.
If you claim the playerpool to be that big, then you have nothing to blame on. Laggers can face eachother and the rest of us can finally play this game.

Decrease hipfire and increase stopping power: More like it was in Uncharted 2. Reward people that are aiming, you even promote it in-game yourselves. This should only be used when in cover.

Increase sprint time recovery and decrease the turn radius. People should have to use it only in emergency cases, not as a way to move around the map.

Kickbacks: Make it so you can use only one kickback per game. We have enough of power weapons spawning around the map already. Sometimes, it feels like I'm playing the lab mode with everyone having and RPG, Hammer or T-Bolt in their hands.

Grenades: THIS is what should be used against campers, not 47 kinds of kickbacks. A well placed grenade should be rewarded. Now people have to find ways to cheat the timer of the grenade (bounce of environment).

Remove a lot of the power weapons, make sprint a lot less useful, increase regular health, make grenades more useful, decrease blindfire.

All of this would make for a more traversal-shooting multiplayer, just like you claimed it to be.
Noone is using cover in this game except for corner shooting. Climbing is pretty much a deathwish since someone will get you with a power weapon.

I'll just say it: You failed at following up the success that Uncharted 2 was. You had one of the best foundations out there, all you needed to do was to improve the health system, matchmaking, maps and weapons and adjusted it to the Uncharted 3 world.
The first beta did this really good, after that it seems like some executives 10-year old son got to do whatever he wanted to with the game.

Poor shame, I hope you learn from this.




agreed, but I didn't think the beta was very good though, I think the beta was succesfull because it had a lot of players because it was free, and therefore less lag, I was matched up with people from The Netherlands (my country) constantly, while that isn't the case in the full game at all, also people didn't know how to abuse the game yet (airwalk, whack-'n-roll, hipfire, etc.), also a lot of players were no uncharted 2 players, so you had awesome scores which is more fun than playing against tryhard and I was excited that the health was higher again and about all the things to look forward to shown in the multiplayer reveal trailer (dynamic maps, cinematic multiplayer, etc.)

 

but the beta already gave me worries, the climbing was clunky, the maps were not vertical at all (until yemen in the second part of the beta showed up, the only good UC3 map if you ask me), aiming was hard so I feared for a hipfire problem which was present in Uncharted 2 as well, I hardly could use pull downs and kick-offs, propane tanks were really weak (that's coming from a guy that is 3rd of the world with bbq-medals in uncharted 2), stealth killing was improved but the camera flipped out when stealth killing someone, kickbacks, power plays and grenade throwbacks weren't my cup of tea either...

 

and if they want to promote traversal again (which I want) then they should indeed fix the gameplay issues you mentioned + fixing the clunky climbing + making pistols more usefull (for ledge combat) + making better maps in which ledge combat gives you an advantage + fixing the delay while aiming from a ledge + fixing the bad camera when aiming from a ledge...

Message 28 of 78 (392 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 07/17/2010
Offline
1135 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Is this what the forum has come too? 

 

EDIT: Ah Nevermind...  

Message 29 of 78 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 11/28/2009
Offline
13011 posts
 

Re: Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 5, 2013

ID-69 wrote:

tapantaola wrote:

Thanks for reinforcing my post. You know it's true, otherwise you would have refuted it.

Enjoy your popcorn... that's the least you can do for your miserable life.


How ironic. Dude spends all his spare time here crying. Smiley LOLGet over yourself tap.


^ Says the guy who has confessed his computer addiction, his lack of discipline and lack of social life???

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Can-you-control-your-habits/m-p/3967591...

 

How ironic indeed! Smiley LOL Maybe you should focus more on your school grades, kiddo. Smiley Wink


No, I don't cry and I have many other hobbies/interests than just gaming. Also, I barely even play this game anymore (maybe once or twice every week), only because of friends.

The only reason I'm here at this point of time is to watch the trainwreck (no, not the map) that this game has become and then post "I told you so!".

I'll do the same when TLOU comes out and then I'll enjoy watching brown nosers defending ND's BS, just because they have good memories from their childhood (Sigmund Freud would have to say something about this...)

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 30 of 78 (389 Views)