Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
4825 posts

Re: [Gameplay Issues List] Naughty Dog, you are incompetent.

Mar 6, 2013

Best. Thread. Ever.

Message 61 of 78 (414 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
13442 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Wow. This thread escalated pretty fast.

Now I'm left thinking if the ones defending ND are being serious or just trying to provoke reactions.

I just find it really hard to believe anyone who says this game is fine.

Message 62 of 78 (395 Views)
Survivor
2195 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 6, 2013

Aureilia wrote:

Wow. This thread escalated pretty fast.

Now I'm left thinking if the ones defending ND are being serious or just trying to provoke reactions.

I just find it really hard to believe anyone who says this game is fine.

This. ID even stated

ID-69 wrote:

Well, it escalated quickly. This was not the outcome I was expecting. I'm disappointed in this community for the lack of respect. 

First off you showed no respect yourself hypocrite so how could you honestly state that the Community doesn't have respect. Next the outcome you didn't expect? So you clearly stated you were expecting this to go a certain way, but I fathom it went past your below academic intelligence. If anyone can't see through what you try to play out with your games of startings fights, then I fear for the worst.

Quote from ID-69:

No. I get addicted very easily. That's why I have never tasted a smoke. I know I would get addicted. 

Currently I'm addicted to computer and caffeine. I know I need to cut off my caffeine consumption, because buying an energy drink every day costs a crapload of money. Computer is another thing. I'd say it's a problem because it has affected to my social life and school grades. I still do okay but I wish I could spend more time in other activities like before. 

I lack discipline. :smileytongue: Thing is, you need motivation in order to get over an addiction.

ID-69 wrote:

For the record, I didn't start it, I stopped it and you (know who) continued. Not that it matters.

I understand where you come from Matt, I really do. You have the right to express your feelings and rant in this forum. I have a problem with rants that

• Brings down Naughty Dog. Be civil and have respect
  • Claimis the game is broken. 
  • Claims you're entitled to something you're not
  • Stupidity. Asking for the unreasonable

This isn't democracy. We don't vote like they taught you in school. We give feedback what we think is best for the game. It's Naughty Dog who ultimately makes the decisions. In my view ND has made some good decisions for the game and have listened to fan feedback. That's how I feel.

I'm tired of the negative atmosphere in the forums. The game isn't broken, this community is. 

You bold the words civil and respect, and although they tend to go together. The way you act could be misrepresented as civil when in reality you lack the respect of anyone else, suggested by your attitude and actions. You did start it ID, despite you claiming you stopped it, you had no part in that. You said the rudest thing to Reonista and now are acting like some hero and claiming that you stopped it. No you merely like twisting the words of others, and blaming those when you start your cesspool of bull. The game is broken, and as a matter of fact considering this is PlayStation.com, signifying the domain is hosted in the United States so technically this is a democracy. How would you know how to vote like they taught you in school, I mean you even said it you could do a lot better if it weren't for your addictions, perhaps you should go back and learn the things you're missing like respect and even intelligence like how to troll or convey your point reasonably but that would be a little too much wouldn't it? The only negative atmosphere in the forum is people like you, the game is broken not the Community. People like you destroy the Community and the game, defending ND for their incompetance and starting hate or arguments against other forumers. Grow up. I mean, maybe you missed those lessons from your lackluster journey from kingerdergarden to high school but you're nothing but someone who seeks to spite people who disagree with you for past arguments (i.e your attacks on Tap) and cause drama where it isn't needed.

Raptr Gamercard
Message 63 of 78 (387 Views)
Wastelander
620 posts

Mar 6, 2013

1352457183365.gif

Message 64 of 78 (378 Views)
I Only Post Everything
894 posts

Mar 6, 2013

Reonista wrote:

Edit: Updated topic title to reflect content

U--J

Not so dear Naughty Dog,

Your incompetence in creating a multiplayer experience is astonishing, it truly is.

You cater to the weak and poor at the expense of the rest.
Yes, I am indeed referring to your matchmaking that, for some peculiar reason, considers it a good idea to put me with players that live either in the desert or the jungle.
I do not wish to play against or with players which modems are created by the feces of goats.
Lag compensation is a horrible idea and has been proved countless of times already, yet you do nothing.

You broke the very foundation of Uncharted Multiplayer, and here is why:

Matchmaking

Parties will be split or left behind
Low levels mixed with high levels.
Jungle Jorge and Desert Drahmad in the same lobby as City Chris. Chris will be at a disadvantage since Jorge's and Dahmad's connections proved to be inferior. Way to go! :smileywink:
Sometimes games won't even load, since the host lagged out.

Game mechanics:

Sprint: Why was this included again? The maps aren't that big. 
Recovery time is basically non-existent and allows for people to be Sonic The Hedgehog the entire game.

Wack 'n' roll: A bug/glitch/broken mechanic within the game that somehow became an accepted method..... It's a BROKEN mechanic and unintended by ND. Yet, no fix for it. Laggy players gets yet an advantage (Like in all CQC situations)

Hipfire: Do I even need to post anything here? It's broken, we ALL know it. Only ones to deny are laggers who abuse it.
Lack of stopping power: Allows for laggy Jorge to sprint through my bullets like when his Uncle Umberto threw corn at him at that Taco Party. LOL, good times, Umberto! :smileyvery-happy:

Grenades: Allows for laggy players to use infinite quickbooms on you, yet yours have an increased timer of 50 seconds and apparently you can throw it back from basically everywhere on the map.

Kickbacks: Medals for grabbing your controller, medals for looking at the screen. Even medals for inhaling! Yeah, you got it, now activate your kickback and unleash doom! While using your kickback, you'll get 45 additional medals, so you can activate it again!! *HIGH FIVE*

What is needed to fix this game is the following:

Regional matchmaking/pingbased matchmaking.
If you claim the playerpool to be that big, then you have nothing to blame on. Laggers can face eachother and the rest of us can finally play this game.

Decrease hipfire and increase stopping power: More like it was in Uncharted 2. Reward people that are aiming, you even promote it in-game yourselves. This should only be used when in cover.

Increase sprint time recovery and decrease the turn radius. People should have to use it only in emergency cases, not as a way to move around the map.

Kickbacks: Make it so you can use only one kickback per game. We have enough of power weapons spawning around the map already. Sometimes, it feels like I'm playing the lab mode with everyone having and RPG, Hammer or T-Bolt in their hands.

Grenades: THIS is what should be used against campers, not 47 kinds of kickbacks. A well placed grenade should be rewarded. Now people have to find ways to cheat the timer of the grenade (bounce of environment).

Remove a lot of the power weapons, make sprint a lot less useful, increase regular health, make grenades more useful, decrease blindfire.

All of this would make for a more traversal-shooting multiplayer, just like you claimed it to be.
Noone is using cover in this game except for corner shooting. Climbing is pretty much a deathwish since someone will get you with a power weapon.

I'll just say it: You failed at following up the success that Uncharted 2 was. You had one of the best foundations out there, all you needed to do was to improve the health system, matchmaking, maps and weapons and adjusted it to the Uncharted 3 world.
The first beta did this really good, after that it seems like some executives 10-year old son got to do whatever he wanted to with the game.

Poor shame, I hope you learn from this.

Am I the only one who rarely gets laggers? When it comes to foreign players, I only get Russians or Germans. I also don't have a problem with blindfire. I've reached a point where I can get out of most close situations.

"Dann singe ich ein lied fur dich"
Message 65 of 78 (373 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13011 posts

Mar 6, 2013

I don't know about others, but I vote with my wallet. So yeah, there is a sense of democracy in capitalism... :smileywink:

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/The-Last-of-Us-Multiplayer/Ping-filter-toggle-SUPPORT-for-less-lag/m-p/40782623
Message 66 of 78 (364 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1109 posts

Mar 6, 2013

tack129 wrote:

Best. Thread. Ever.

Are you sure about that? 2169924-kappa_super.png

Message 67 of 78 (347 Views)
Fender Bender
2433 posts

Mar 6, 2013
Wow I read this entire thread what an off topic mess, Hats off to you @Asraik for putting that kid in his place.

Also I agree with the OP, but this game will never be fixed thought it's time we stop caring since ND doesn't care. TLOU is just around the corner season two of the 'Is ND really incompetent' show begins in June let's see if they prove us wrong with TLOU, personally I won't be buying the game either way.
Message 68 of 78 (334 Views)
Fender Bender
2602 posts

Mar 6, 2013

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/b/b9/Garfreakeld.png

I luv kitty cats cuz they're very furry n cute. meow!
Message 69 of 78 (324 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10076 posts

Mar 6, 2013
This reminds me of the **bleep** about that tournament thing before with the fighting over rules and such.

OP makes good points, yep, but I highly doubt they'll make it for UC3. They're busy with TLoU.

Anyway, I'd get popcorn but we're all out, so if you guys could stop arguing over whether or not someone should post something about fixing the game in the game's own forum, that would be great.

I mean, what exactly am I supposed to read/talk about otherwise?
"OMG I JUST GOT A LUCKY KILL LIKE LIKE LIKE OMG ONG WOOOOOWEE!!!!"?
"JOIN MY CLAN NOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!"?
Honestly those threads are like cancer.
Raffica user, Hardcore Mode player for life. Don't let it die! Obey Tailgater #1 sedan in GTA Online, too.
Message 70 of 78 (296 Views)
0 Likes